Annual Passholder Previews REGISTRATION LINK IN FIRST POST-EVENT FULLY BOOKED

Status
Not open for further replies.
I truly hope the email event is person specific so its not a free for all.
I sure don’t. A lot of us who are fully entitled to go don’t get emails. It doesn’t matter how you get the link, you have to be an AP holder to register. I much prefer it be a matter of fastest finger wins rather than who is lucky enough to receive an email. Besides, if they limit it to 1 guest, you’ll have people within the same family who won’t be able to sign up because 1 family member got the email and another didn’t. That would be a huge mess.

The wording makes it sound like it’s the passholder and a guest who is also a passholder. But what about a family of 4 who are all passholders??? That has me concerned.

I'm sure if you have a party of 4 linked in your MDE you can make the reservation for all-But if the wording is really intended for 2 people- just make 2 groups for the same time frame.

I'm sure if you have a party of 4 linked in your MDE you can make the reservation for all-But if the wording is really intended for 2 people- just make 2 groups for the same time frame.

We have 6 in our family that can possibly go. We’re planning on using 2 accounts simultaneously to sign up. We’re all in the same house, if the link gets posted we’ll all know about it. I honestly think it’s just poor wording and not limited to 1 guest. But then they have to release the darn link for us to know that for sure!

Well, that little announcement wasn't helpful at all. What gets me is that Disney has "trained" us to plan yet, for the largest opening they don't give us the info to do just that.

As one who usually does get the passholder e-mails but never before the events are sold out/full I don't know what the answer is that would make everyone happy. DVC sends out notices that the registrations will start at a specific time on a specific date for their events but many members still get shut out. It's a seemingly fairer way of doing things but it is extremely frustrating when you actually try to register. I've had several devices going at the same time trying to get spots for the member events & I've rarely gotten all the way through on the first device that connects to the registration queue. The Parks Blog events are a joke because unless you are constantly refreshing that page all day you are never going to see their exclusive event link before it's full. I don't even get their daily updates anymore despite registering over & over. They are pointless anyway since the update e-mails are always a day behind.

"Later this summer" could mean anything. I'd like to be able to go. I'm underemployed for the summer so taking a day or 2 off won't be a problem but finding an affordable flight if this goes on too long is definitely going to be a problem.

Yeah this has me a little freaked. I’ve got a trip planned with my two girls for the right time frame. We’re all PAPs, but I’m the only one with a MDE account since they are kids. Will we all be able to register?? Or should I set them up with their own MDE account? They don’t even have an email account. My husband also has a PAP and a MDE but can’t go on the trip.

I didn’t realize they don’t send Canadians emails! I was wondering why I wasn’t getting any and figured it was just my bad luck.

Nope, it’s not just you. The AP Support Line CMs have told me that Canadians won’t receive the emails, even if you opt in, and they aren’t allowed to mail us the AP welcome packet even if we specifically ask for one. They’re sending me a welcome packet at the hotel on my next trip, which is really nice of them, but it’s still annoying that Disney is following such a strict interpretation of our anti-spam laws. I mean, if we’ve asked for them to send us something or to receive emails from them, then it can’t be considered to be spam, can it?

I never receive the AP emails and am hoping Disney has to generate a new Platinum, Platinum Plus Passholder e-mail list since the email is not going to all Passholders.
Since I am a DVC member with a discounted Gold Annual Pass, I sent an email to the Passholder's office asking if the Gold Annual Pass is excluded from this preview event. Following is their quick response. Hopefully they will schedule a DVC preview event.

"Thank you for reaching out about Star Wars: Galaxy's Edge Previews! At this time we’re excited to share that Platinum, Platinum Plus and Premier Annual Passholders will be among the first to experience Star Wars: Galaxy’s Edge at Disney’s Hollywood Studios, with complimentary special preview opportunities planned before the land’s opening on Aug. 29. Capacity is limited and will be available on a first-come, first-served basis. More information and registration details for previews will be shared at a later date. At this time you must have at least a Platinum, Platinum Plus and Premier Annual Pass to be eligible for the previews. The Disney Vacation Club® Gold Annual Pass does not currently qualify for these previews once they become available. "

Since I am a DVC member with a discounted Gold Annual Pass, I sent an email to the Passholder's office asking if the Gold Annual Pass is excluded from this preview event. Following is their quick response. Hopefully they will schedule a DVC preview event.

"Thank you for reaching out about Star Wars: Galaxy's Edge Previews! At this time we’re excited to share that Platinum, Platinum Plus and Premier Annual Passholders will be among the first to experience Star Wars: Galaxy’s Edge at Disney’s Hollywood Studios, with complimentary special preview opportunities planned before the land’s opening on Aug. 29. Capacity is limited and will be available on a first-come, first-served basis. More information and registration details for previews will be shared at a later date. At this time you must have at least a Platinum, Platinum Plus and Premier Annual Pass to be eligible for the previews. The Disney Vacation Club® Gold Annual Pass does not currently qualify for these previews once they become available. "

I know it is leveraging stock responses but sort of awkward way to word it: "we are excited to share that, no, no your pass does not qualify"

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter