Annual Passholder Previews REGISTRATION LINK IN FIRST POST-EVENT FULLY BOOKED

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think alot of people are in your boat. Pete posted on FB today that fall bookings are waaaay down and he expects deep discounts to be released soon. DL just released some AP deal today to bring a friend for $99 thru the rest of summer. People are sick of the high prices and are avoiding the huge crowds.
I'm hearing a lot of reports that Disneyland crowds are still waaaay down this summer. Is it possible that SWGE is bombing because Disney pushed people past the breaking point with price increases and limiting access. I think Disney may finally have hit peoples breaking point: Too expensive and too much hassle. They finally killed the Golden Goose and they are stuck holding the "bag" (paying for SWGE on both coasts) Not to mention that many of the lands experiences are "buy this lightsaber, buy this droid, but this overpriced blue sludge and kettle corn, buy this drink in this bar" I don't mind spending money on vacation but give me a break.

I'm hearing a lot of reports that Disneyland crowds are still waaaay down this summer. Is it possible that SWGE is bombing because Disney pushed people past the breaking point with price increases and limiting access. I think Disney may finally have hit peoples breaking point: Too expensive and too much hassle. They finally killed the Golden Goose and they are stuck holding the "bag" (paying for SWGE on both coasts)

I think it is a combination of a ton of things:
- pricing is likely part of it
- many Disneyland Annual Passholders are blocked out for the summer
- people waiting for Rise of the Resistance
- many Star Wars fans are anti- Disney and anti that the land is not set in original trilogy settings
- people were scared about the promise/potential for crazy crowds so staying away/didn't plan trips for now

And probably lots of other reasons, but yeah, crowds are low at Disneyland now

I'm hearing a lot of reports that Disneyland crowds are still waaaay down this summer. Is it possible that SWGE is bombing because Disney pushed people past the breaking point with price increases and limiting access. I think Disney may finally have hit peoples breaking point: Too expensive and too much hassle. They finally killed the Golden Goose and they are stuck holding the "bag" (paying for SWGE on both coasts) Not to mention that many of the lands experiences are "buy this lightsaber, buy this droid, but this overpriced blue sludge and kettle corn, buy this drink in this bar" I don't mind spending money on vacation but give me a break.

Or all the price increases really are about crowd control and it's working just like they want- fewer people, more $$ per person. I don't know about DLR, but FP availability is tightening for August/September as though it was peak season. Doesn't look like a slow down to me. That said, I'd love to see some fall discounts come out. I've got 1 day of our late September trip at the YC at rack rate and would love to see that cut some. I'm dual stalking- this and AP fall discounts.

I think the longer we’re at it, the more it feels like “I can’t give up! I’ve already been waiting for X days, and if I quit all that time will have been wasted!”

I’m not saying it’s sound logic, but it’s what I find myself thinking every time I want to stop checking.

My grad school professors would advise you that sunk costs should never be a consideration when making a decision.

My grad school professors would advise you that sunk costs should never be a consideration when making a decision.

Yeah, yeah, I’ve taken enough psych classes that I was thinking the words sunk cost fallacy as I wrote it. Meh. I’m a teacher on summer vacation who can’t be doing any work since they’ve yet to tell me what grades I’m teaching next year. I’m not losing anything other than some house cleaning time. It can wait.

I think it is a combination of a ton of things:
- pricing is likely part of it
- many Disneyland Annual Passholders are blocked out for the summer
- people waiting for Rise of the Resistance
- many Star Wars fans are anti- Disney and anti that the land is not set in original trilogy settings
- people were scared about the promise/potential for crazy crowds so staying away/didn't plan trips for now

And probably lots of other reasons, but yeah, crowds are low at Disneyland now

I agree with the above, especially the wait for Rise of the Resistance. If I were in a position to take one trip, understanding that those of us on the disboards are a minority and many people are once and done when it comes to Disney trips, I would wait until both rides were out.

Back at the airport so I made it through three days of limited availability with no drops (happy and sad at the same time). So thankful for the posts and the groupme account so I could feel better about not being able to consistently stalk!!

Have the issues with the Groupme account’s constant notifications been resolved?

I though people were complaining about constant pings.

I finally got my order in, two orders actually, and they're scheduled to be here tomorrow. I'm not banking on it being right.
I'm just more frustrated because bands will show as available, I try to add them, and I get an error, but others whose trips are in 2020 have no issue ordering them. If a band is out of stock, stop putting it on MDE for me to select

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter