Annual Pass Upgrade

Pixiedustmom12

Earning My Ears
I am so excited to hear annual passes will be available before October 1st! We are booked for October 1-11, with park ticket days the 2-10. I also have a separate resort only reservation. We booked this in hopes that more on site perks would be available such as FP, but will likely cancel this and stay offsite. We are hoping to upgrade our tickets to annual passes. My question is, if I do that, will it mess up my park reservation days? I know currently AP holders can only have 3 days if not staying onsite. I thought about waiting to upgrade my last day, but don’t want to miss out on free parking, memory maker, and dining/shopping discounts as that’s part of the reason a pass makes sense for us. Help!

I am so excited to hear annual passes will be available before October 1st! We are booked for October 1-11, with park ticket days the 2-10. I also have a separate resort only reservation. We booked this in hopes that more on site perks would be available such as FP, but will likely cancel this and stay offsite. We are hoping to upgrade our tickets to annual passes. My question is, if I do that, will it mess up my park reservation days? I know currently AP holders can only have 3 days if not staying onsite. I thought about waiting to upgrade my last day, but don’t want to miss out on free parking, memory maker, and dining/shopping discounts as that’s part of the reason a pass makes sense for us. Help!
I’m in a similar situation. I’m staying offsite and I have tickets with family members for 7 days with 7 reservations already booked in December. I’ve added another trip in September and now another planned trip for Jan. It makes sense to get the annual pass. The reservation system needs to go.

Memory Maker is not part of any of the plans anymore... that's now considered an Add-On. The reservation system, unfortunately is not going anywhere - Chapek loves it because there is more control over how many people are in the park and they can schedule castmembers according to that.. :/

If you are getting either the Incredi-pass or Sorcerer pass, you can now hold five park reservations at a time (sometimes additional 'free' park passes are also available beyond the five, but I doubt we'll see any of those freebie days this early into the 50th celebration). If staying on site, you'll be able to hold reservations during your entire resort stay -- but if staying off site, then you'll only be able to hold five (5) reservations at a time. You'll then need to make new park reservations for the days later in your vacation on a rolling basis, adding a new reservation after you use a day (holding the max of five total reservations at any given time). There are no Fast Passes... that system is gone. But Genie + may become available for purchase soon (I haven't seen a start date announced yet), so that *might* be an option during your stay, and works similarly to the way the original FP system worked. With Genie +, you'll be able to hold one 'Lightning Lane' ride pass at a time, with the ability to book another (via your phone) after the prior pass has been used.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter