Annual Pass Rumors??

Status
Not open for further replies.
I mean we don't hit the parks everyday anyways but I'd like the option lol. You get me in there my @$$ is spending money.

Not like these locals lol -jk

If they want/need to beef up revenue
Many operators account for season/annual pass income by spreading it out along the use of the pass in some way. I'm certain Cedar Fair does this. I would bet Disney does too.

If so, you don't really juice the current quarter by a flood of AP sales, because you don't recognize the full cost of the AP right away.

Many operators account for season/annual pass income by spreading it out along the use of the pass in some way. I'm certain Cedar Fair does this. I would bet Disney does too.

If so, you don't really juice the current quarter by a flood of AP sales, because you don't recognize the full cost of the AP right away.
Even if the AP revenue is accounted for as you suggest (and it probably is), opening up sales again would increase their 4th quarter revenue.

I think we learned today that the "announcement" was that they don't need AP of any sort and won't be changing that unless the economy/park attendance changes. OR, they just like to torture us and we will find out next week or next month.

Where is the answer? I don’t see any answer in that link. Unless your point is there is no answer
Reading between the lines, Disney calling out an unfavorable mix means that more Passholders were in the parks than they’d like. That's quoted from the article. That would tell me they aren't looking to offer APs right now.

Reading between the lines, Disney calling out an unfavorable mix means that more Passholders were in the parks than they’d like. That's quoted from the article. That would tell me they aren't looking to offer APs right now.
So just your interpretation
not an announcement

https://www.cnbc.com/2022/08/10/disney-dis-fiscal-q3-2022-earnings.html

A couple of things stick out to me.

- The parks saw 74% increase in revenue. Crazy.
- “As it relates to demand, we have not yet seen demand abate at all and we still have many days when people cannot get reservations,” Christine McCarthy, Disney’s chief financial officer
- "international visitors to domestic parks have continued to be slow to return. Traditionally, those parkgoers account for around 17% to 20% of total guests." - McCarthy

It's anybody's guess when APs return. I don't think there will be a downturn. And if there is, international travelers will probably pick up the slack.

What would take it as when Chapek said profit were "partially offset by an unfavorable attendance mix at Disneyland Resort”. That tells me there is too many AP holders
I'm guessing that is referencing more on Disneyland and not WDW. Anaheim is overrun with locals. A little different out there.

they are two completely separate entities.
I know they are but from Disneys perspective I don't think they want to deal with the negative PR if WDW resumes AP sales and DL doesn't.
Also the parks are packed right now so there is no need to offer APs

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!