Annual Pass Rumors??

Status
Not open for further replies.
But, the cast members also said disney would send information to current passholders and give them a "renewal opportunity" into "several" options in "the program." So, there will be a new gate admission product by that date.
Interesting. I wonder what the new pass(es) will look like. I hope they keep a reasonably priced option. I think I'm a "desirable" AP holder - we have no interest in coming at busy times and can visit on weekdays (so Pixie Dust works), we're close enough to come multiple times a year but far enough away that we're not doing day trips, we always stay onsite, and we (mostly my husband!) drop plenty of money in the parks. Having the AP encourages us to come more often, so us buying APs is good for Disney, IMHO. Whether they see it that way is a totally different story.

Interesting. I wonder what the new pass(es) will look like. I hope they keep a reasonably priced option. I think I'm a "desirable" AP holder - we have no interest in coming at busy times and can visit on weekdays (so Pixie Dust works), we're close enough to come multiple times a year but far enough away that we're not doing day trips, we always stay onsite, and we (mostly my husband!) drop plenty of money in the parks. Having the AP encourages us to come more often, so us buying APs is good for Disney, IMHO. Whether they see it that way is a totally different story.
I am with you and see it your way. When I have had APs in the past I sound ways back to the park. And I have no self control on in park spending. And always stayed on site. It is a boon for Disney. But I am not local. So I don’t know what they are looking at.

I don't see what CA AP has to do with FL AP. Totally different and they never should have stopped sales. Really frustrating if they are stopped. I kept my AP even through the Covid closures- just always renewed and kept. If they stop sales I will use my dvc while going to Universal Studios and go out to eat in Celebration. I will no longer have a need to stay in the disney bubble

The parks are different. California used to have heavier crowds and more local APs before Disney terminated their old APs and started over. In that you are right. However, that is old news and is not today’s issue. Old news. Old argument and not valid in the current situation.

Both the California and Florida new APs are subject to the same flawed park reservation system that had two buckets that were intended to be used by Disney in a way to get the more profitable mix of guests. In other words to deny park reservations to passholders when they still had availability they were selling to ticketed guests and on-site guests.

Regardless of anybody’s opinions, Disney has, in fact, already stopped all sales on both coasts except for the Florida resident only Pixie pass, which we are being told will not be able to be upgraded or even possibly renewed at next renewal. The first new passes come up for first renewal on July 9th. Cast members are telling passholders as they will not renew current passes, but Disney will offer renewal options at renewal time (to something else.).

I used to live in Celebration. Residents there still live in a Disney influenced bubble. There is no possibility the handful of small eateries in Celebration has the capacity to handle a Disney parks or DVC size crowd. Disney has many restaurants in the resorts. If you want to leave the bubble there are restaurants at Universal, on Restaurant Row in Orlando or other areas. It is a sizable metropolitan area. Or you can try Tampa or the Atlantic coast.

As other DVC/forum moderators have reminded, the DVC contract does not guarantee access to an annual pass or the parks. These are incidentals.

That is the current state of things.
All true, but also proves how important it is for the AP to be offered especially for dvcers who really keep the parks full during the down times and more. Without the AP we can and will go eat elsewhere off disney property and save money while using the dvc resort as a base.

Sounds like the ap was rush launched for the 50 anniversary

Probably, and they created a crazy high demand for them by not selling them for so long. Now that they stopped selling them again the demand is even higher. Its really mess. We are on the old silver, gold right now and can renew now just have to pick which level off pass. I don't like not having the option to upgrade later if we end up needing it.

I don't see what CA AP has to do with FL AP. Totally different and they never should have stopped sales. Really frustrating if they are stopped. I kept my AP even through the Covid closures- just always renewed and kept. If they stop sales I will use my dvc while going to Universal Studios and go out to eat in Celebration. I will no longer have a need to stay in the disney bubble
Honestly I am not a huge fan of US, but we have been 4 times since the pandemic. Part of it is we now have a US AP and part of it is the price of Disney tickets. If I could buy a Disney AP then I would return to the Disney bubble.

Sad to see the news about the annual passes. I was trying to find the info and figured I would find it here. Very unfortunate.

My DVC Sorcerer Pass is up for renewal on July 22nd and I can only get the Incredi-Pass if I do renew. And right now it’s more won’t than if. :guilty:

My DVC Sorcerer Pass is up for renewal on July 22nd and I can only get the Incredi-Pass if I do renew. And right now it’s more won’t than if. :guilty:
Only if you renew online. Ours expire on July 2; I called to renew from Gold to Sorcerer's (and did not have a long hold time). Call DVC if you want the Sorcerer's renewal.

I did that last year, called to go Gold to Sorcerer. So the fine print saying DVC Sorcerer Pass is no longer sold is just online BS? Good to know. Appreciate the info.

I did that last year, called to go Gold to Sorcerer. So the fine print saying DVC Sorcerer Pass is no longer sold is just online BS? Good to know. Appreciate the info.
New DVC Sorcerer APs are no longer being sold. You can renew a DVC Sorcerer AP only by calling MS, which has been the requirement for some years now.

My husband’s AP expires mid-September. He received an AP survey today via email- and an invitation for a webcam interview next week with a research firm in exchange for a $75 DISNEY gift card. I’m almost nervous to hear what they ask…

My husband’s AP expires mid-September. He received an AP survey today via email- and an invitation for a webcam interview next week with a research firm in exchange for a $75 DISNEY gift card. I’m almost nervous to hear what they ask…
Well.... if they start by asking what you are wearing (off camera) ... I think you should terminate the webcam interview :)
Otherwise, what would make you nervous? I would be super curious as to what they are researching.

Well.... if they start by asking what you are wearing (off camera) ... I think you should terminate the webcam interview :)
Otherwise, what would make you nervous? I would be super curious as to what they are researching.
Hahaha! I’ll warn him!

I’m just wondering- are they asking questions to see what would get us to NOT want an AP? Or do they actually care about the perceived AP value? If so, why? They’re clearly not interested in selling them right now so why care about the AP experience?

If APs are discontinued it will majorly affect our Disney plans as we’re DVC members who live about 2.5 hours away and make 6-8 trips per year and rarely leave property. No way I’ll pay for individual tickets for that many trips, but we’ve invested a lot in DVC.

Hahaha! I’ll warn him!

I’m just wondering- are they asking questions to see what would get us to NOT want an AP? Or do they actually care about the perceived AP value? If so, why? They’re clearly not interested in selling them right now so why care about the AP experience?

If APs are discontinued it will majorly affect our Disney plans as we’re DVC members who live about 2.5 hours away and make 6-8 trips per year and rarely leave property. No way I’ll pay for individual tickets for that many trips, but we’ve invested a lot in DVC.
Haha!
It honestly depends on the type of research they are doing - your comments are likely the type of input they will attempt to solicit to better understand the various audiences being targeted with the survey. The fact it is a live interview with a small SPIFF for your time suggests they are doing something more than cursory polling which requires interaction to dive into your responses and what you care most about.

My take on it is they are making a lot of effort to re-design their annual pass or bulk ticket programs right now and want to know what kind of gate entry you really need/want as a serious Disney fan.

This is true. I don't think they will get rid of all types of annual passes, but they really messed it all up right now and are having to figure out how to dig out and how still maximize profits while facing a pretty much guaranteed drop in travel soon (with the current economic trends).

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter