Annual Pass Question?

PatricenPete

DIS Veteran
My husband and I were looking into buying annual passes for 2005. I have a few questions and I hope that you all can help me out!

How many days do you have to spend in the parks to make the AP worth it? At $379 - I am thinking 8?

Can you buy now and activate later? How long do you have to activate?

Do you get discounts on hotel rooms with the AP?

Do you get any other discounts with an AP?

We live in Jersey and take 3, sometimes 3 trips a year, so I am thinking that the AP would be a good value for us.

1. 8 days is about the break even point for the AP.
2. You can activate later, anytime. Good for 1 year from the activation date.
3. Yes, but not at all resorts all the time. They release discount codes and/or you can call MS and ask...
4. Other discounts, yes lots... Check out the link for details - http://allearsnet.com/pl/apass.htm

Originally posted by PatricenPete
My husband and I were looking into buying annual passes for 2005. I have a few questions and I hope that you all can help me out!

How many days do you have to spend in the parks to make the AP worth it? At $379 - I am thinking 8?
An AP (with tax) will cost each adult $403.64. An 8-day/7-night UPH will cost $422.82 per adult in 2005. The AP does not include admission to DQ, PI, WWoS or the waterparks like the UPH does. But, if you plan to go to WDW for more than one trip, the AP is a better bargain.
Can you buy now and activate later? How long do you have to activate?
You can purchase a voucher now and activate it at the parks or DTD. Vouchers can be purchased at disneyworl.com or at your local DisneyStore.

Do you get discounts on hotel rooms with the AP?
Yes, Disney often makes discounts rates available to their AP holders. However, discounted rooms are not a guarantee and you should not purchase an AP solely based on the possibility of getting one.

Do you get any other discounts with an AP?
Check the list of 2004 AP benefits at
AllEarsNet.com

We bought our 3 passes last October and since then we have spent 15 days in the world. We are going back in 35 days for another 7 days. We more than saved money. Since my husband and son like Disney Quest at night, that alone saved us a bundle.

The passes also save you money (discount rate) on mini-golf and periodically Disney comes out with passholder rates on rooms. These just came out for October and were gone within 24 hours though, so you have to act fast.

You also save money at Downtown Disney in the World of Disney store (10%).

There are other perks but these are the biggies that I know off the top of my head.

Have fun.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter