Annoying commercials

kaytieeldr

DIS Veteran
I have two right now, and I think they're both national.

First is the seemingly two part Visit Florida ad, where the narrator clarifies the temp s.

The other one is the faux game show where they keep repeating "free." I don't even know what that one is trying to sell.

Which ads bug you?

In the UK we had adverts for a car insurance called: Go Compare. Essentially these adverts had this wannabe Pavarotti with a curly moustache and a ridiculous hairdo singing an annoying over the top song about the company in particular and I remember they would always air those adverts ALL THE TIME, EVERY DAY, EVERY WEEK when they showed them maybe 3 times during a commercial break it was that bad. Eventually they fazed out this particular character and they ended up showing this guy's adverts less and showed like ads where people just couldn't stand up at all and the Go Compare Guy was generally hated by us brits and at one point there was even one advert where the late Stephen Hawking sent him going through a vortex in one of them. Thankfully these commercials are no more and they no longer air them anyway.

Haha, another vote for "Enjoy The Go"! It's terrible! I just keep wondering if those Charmin bears change color depending on the type of TP they're using or if there are 2 families of identical bears...

I hate commercials - I will mute the TV, leave the room or turn off the TV until it's time for the show to return.

Along with those above, there's one that some guy talks about eating his pillow, but he pronounces it "pellow." I have no idea what the commercial is for, and I've only seen it a couple of times, but it drove me nuts.

Edit: As I posted this, another commercial that I can't stand came on. It's a beer commercial that is supposed to trigger asmr (I think), but it just makes me want to punch her (and I'm not usually a violent person).

Last edited:
I record my shows on TiVo and rarely watch when the actual show is on so I skip commercials. We do watch hockey live so have to sit through them occasionally. There’s a local lawyer here that apparently has paid big bucks for his to air because it’s every break and usually twice as long as any other. I hate this commercial so much I wouldn’t use him if he paid me.

I record my shows on TiVo and rarely watch when the actual show is on so I skip commercials. We do watch hockey live so have to sit through them occasionally. There’s a local lawyer here that apparently has paid big bucks for his to air because it’s every break and usually twice as long as any other. I hate this commercial so much I wouldn’t use him if he paid me.

We use TiVo too. When you figure we save at least 15 mins per hour fast-forwarding through the garbage, ads are really a waste of time. Yeah, I know the sponsors pay for the programs.

I hate all commercials. There are so many and some lasts forever. As soon as a commercial comes on, I switch channel. Many times, the other channels are also on a commercial. Can't win. I prefer to DVR a lot so I can skip through them.

Using the restroom, throwing clothes in washer/dryer, etc. etc. is something else I do during a commercial. Hate, hate 99% of them

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!