Annoying commercials

Discussion in 'Community Board' started by kaytieeldr, Feb 10, 2019 at 10:24 AM.

1. kaytieeldr

kaytieeldr Post hoc, ergo propter hoc

I have two right now, and I think they're both national.

First is the seemingly two part Visit Florida ad, where the narrator clarifies the temp s.

The other one is the faux game show where they keep repeating "free." I don't even know what that one is trying to sell.

Which ads bug you?

2. maxiesmom

maxiesmom The Mean Squinty Eye Works

Enjoy the go always bugs me.

3. Avatar

Advertisement

4. TheStarscream759

TheStarscream759 Earning My Ears

In the UK we had adverts for a car insurance called: Go Compare. Essentially these adverts had this wannabe Pavarotti with a curly moustache and a ridiculous hairdo singing an annoying over the top song about the company in particular and I remember they would always air those adverts ALL THE TIME, EVERY DAY, EVERY WEEK when they showed them maybe 3 times during a commercial break it was that bad. Eventually they fazed out this particular character and they ended up showing this guy's adverts less and showed like ads where people just couldn't stand up at all and the Go Compare Guy was generally hated by us brits and at one point there was even one advert where the late Stephen Hawking sent him going through a vortex in one of them. Thankfully these commercials are no more and they no longer air them anyway.

5. Floridaman999

Floridaman999 Livin' the life

I fast forward through commercials or download shows with them edited out. I don't give them a chance to annoy me.

MillauFr, ronandannette and jdb in AZ like this.
  6. ADLFAN

ADLFAN DIS Veteran

Haha, another vote for "Enjoy The Go"! It's terrible! I just keep wondering if those Charmin bears change color depending on the type of TP they're using or if there are 2 families of identical bears...

DaisyDuck001 and PollyannaMom like this.
  7. Nayan

Nayan DIS Veteran

All drug commercials annoy me. So does Progressive and that box.

PollyannaMom likes this.
  8. marcyleecorgan

marcyleecorgan DIS Veteran

I hate commercials - I will mute the TV, leave the room or turn off the TV until it's time for the show to return.

9. dclpluto

dclpluto DIS Veteran

The skittles commercial. The one with the guy has all them skittles on his face and the girl takes one off and eats it.

10. OKW8297

OKW8297 Earning My Ears

The Dunkin Donuts commercial with the cheesy 70’s type singers.

LSUmiss likes this.
  11. kaytieeldr

I forgot that one. Yuck!

hereyago, maxiesmom and dclpluto like this.
  12. Hikergirl

Hikergirl DIS Veteran

I find all commercials annoying. I stream more than I watch TV but when I do I just mute all commercials.

tinkerbellandeeyor likes this.
  13. PrincessShmoo

PrincessShmoo DIS veteran

They're selling TurboTax.

14. bethbuchall

bethbuchall DIS Veteran

Along with those above, there's one that some guy talks about eating his pillow, but he pronounces it "pellow." I have no idea what the commercial is for, and I've only seen it a couple of times, but it drove me nuts.

Edit: As I posted this, another commercial that I can't stand came on. It's a beer commercial that is supposed to trigger asmr (I think), but it just makes me want to punch her (and I'm not usually a violent person).

Last edited: Feb 10, 2019 at 5:20 PM
  15. kaytieeldr

note to self: do own taxes.

Thanks, @PrincessShmoo!

16. Erzengel

Erzengel DIS Veteran

The gum commercial where the guy keeps drawing pictures of him and his gf through the years.

LSUmiss and TheFloatingBear like this.
  17. wenrob

wenrob DIS Veteran

I record my shows on TiVo and rarely watch when the actual show is on so I skip commercials. We do watch hockey live so have to sit through them occasionally. There’s a local lawyer here that apparently has paid big bucks for his to air because it’s every break and usually twice as long as any other. I hate this commercial so much I wouldn’t use him if he paid me.

18. jdb in AZ

jdb in AZ It could end up curdled

We use TiVo too. When you figure we save at least 15 mins per hour fast-forwarding through the garbage, ads are really a waste of time. Yeah, I know the sponsors pay for the programs.

19. LovesTimone

LovesTimone Christmas Day 2017

Free ... Free free ... FREE FREE --- please stop this one... everytimes it comes on we change the channel, and give it time to get over with...

The amazon commercial, it just bugs me...

20. Kellykins1218

Kellykins1218 DIS Veteran

Anything with Tiffany Haddish but especially the Groupon ones.

21. AnnaS

AnnaS DIS Sponsoor/Veteran

I hate all commercials. There are so many and some lasts forever. As soon as a commercial comes on, I switch channel. Many times, the other channels are also on a commercial. Can't win. I prefer to DVR a lot so I can skip through them.

Using the restroom, throwing clothes in washer/dryer, etc. etc. is something else I do during a commercial. Hate, hate 99% of them