Animal Programs PI

Hehe yeah I got the email. Thank goodness you don't have to change any of your reservations! As far as footwear, it just said in the email that we have to find white tennis shoes with no other colors or emblems like Nike swooshes. I remember when I interned at a zoo I had to wear steel toe boots. Maybe Animal Kingdom employees have similar guidelines? :confused3

Absolutely! My mom and I are getting into Orlando on the 11th and staying in a hotel and I wanted to get to check in as soon as possible in the morning. If you are still up for it we should pick a convenient time for both of us to meet at check in so we can try and "beat the system." Let me know! We'll also have to figure out a way to recognize one another!

One more final to go! Herpetology, than I'm done! Not until tomorrow at 5 pm - 7 pm. The absolute last final for the entire University! Wish me luck!

Laura

Laura,
Are you already on your cruise? We need to figure up our meeting up. And discuss what were bringing and everything. yay!

Merry Christmas Animal Program Interns!

Amber,

Just got home! I can't believe in less than two weeks I will have to turn right around again and drive back to Florida! My mom is driving down with me on the 11th and we are staying at the Marriott. She is renting a car to drive to South Carolina the next day, but anyway . . .

I received the email about check in at Vista Way on the 12th between 9 and noon. Should we plan to meet at Vista Way?

As far as what I'm bringing goes:

Basic and obvious personal things like linens and clothes.
What about TV? I can bring one. I can also bring a DVD player and DVD assortment
Kitchen stuff? I'm pretty sure most things are provided but I don't think there is a blender or toaster.
I WISH I could bring my pets!!!!!

Oh, one more thing. My family stopped at Northbridge on the way home to Tennessee today. The staff was extremely helpful and the facility is VERY well manicured and clean. It was quiet and very centrally located. I have a good feeling. There were also lots of available parking.

Talk to you soon!

Also - has anyone received their packet in the mail yet! I have not and am getting a little worried.

Hey Laura, where did you go on your cruise? I haven't gotten the elusive packet either and the post office doesn't open back up til the 3rd.

Amber, have you found completely white sneakers? Any help would be great! I'm running out of places to look.

Hi Girls,
Happy new year.

As for the white shoes. I am struggling a little bit too. I found a pair of all white canvas vans-like shows and the are all white and plain, but my mom found some online blog where someone wrote no canvas. rrrg. I found a few other pairs at Payless, (which is where I found the canvas ones) but when i went back to get them they were gone. Try payless if you havent and if you have one of those. Let me know if you find anything too. Someone also suggested like a store for nurses clothing where they have solid white orthopedic shoes. frustrating huh? Oh well, at least we'll be at Dworld soon.

And Laura!!! I am going to send you a message with my number. I am driving on the 5th and should be there on the 10th or 11th. If you want to bring a tv and dvd player, that would be great. I have a tv with a built in video cassete player, but its kind of old school. and little and heavy. My dad is driving with me and my mom is flying with me just for fun, so we plan on buying whatever appliances we end up needing in addition to what anyone brings. I am soo excited to meet you.

How is packing going for both of you? Are you still interested in meeting for dinner the night before?

-Amber

Hi everyone!
My name is Mark and I am doing the Animal Programs/Chemistry internship. I don't think I get to dive with you guys but I'm in charge of maintaining the water quality of the tank and other systems in animal kingdom and epcot.

I am scuba certified though and the florida keys are about a 4-5 hour drive from Northbridge. (im living there, anyone need a roommate?). I'm up for going diving if we have a day off.

I guess I'll meet you in less than a week!

Mark

I'm probably the only one who is not SCUBA certified!!! Oh, well. Hey Mark! My name is Laura, I'll be checking into Northbridge on the 12th and am rooming with Amber. My PI is in Nutrition research and Diet Preparation at Animal Kingdom. I can't believe I'm leaving in less than a week! I can't wait to meet everyone. Amber, you can go to my Facebook (http://tennessee.facebook.com/profile.php?id=9406988) and my email is lmaston@utk.edu

See you soon!

Hi everyone! It's been quiet for a few days on the board, I'm sure everyone is busy getting ready to head to Disney. I'm not sure if anyone else got calls, but I got a call from one of my bosses a few days ago. She was really nice, was an intern 5 years ago, so she knew all about the complete lack of information Disney gives. She said that they will probably get us interns the following Thursday after check in. So that should give an idea about how long training is!

Amber - I wanted to say thanks! I found a pair of white sneakers at Payless. If you're still looking, I found completely white Kswiss and Converse shoes at Rack Room Shoes too.

See everyone in a few days!

Hi everyone! Just continuing to pack and get everything ready! I havn't received any packet in the mail, but oh well. I'm pretty sure that everything I need to know was in the Check In email I received a few weeks ago. I also have not received any phone calls but there was a 407 area code new call on my machine but no message, so I figure someone may have been trying to contact me. I am SO excited!

I cannot wait to meet everyone. Everybody's internship sounds really rewarding and I know we will all learn a lot. I am looking forward to one of the best experiences of my life.

Amber, you are probably on the road as I type and I hope you are having a safe trip down. I havnt received any private messages from you so I will try to send you one with my cell number.

Happy packing, everyone! Only three more days!

Laura

hi Girls,
Were getting close huh? I am in Fayetteville, Louisiana.. It's been a looong drive but decent. Im with my dad which is interesting but pretty good.

lisa-that shoe place you mentioned above?....I have never heard of it, so I guess we dont have those is California. But and update, I found quite a few more pairs at walmart. They are more like running shoes. They look like running shoes for nurses or something, but you cant be all that picky with all white shoes.

and laura-I got your number so i will out it in my phone. I sent you mine via PM but I guess you didnt get it. So I will call you and give you mine....probably tomorrow???

I am a little jealous that you guys are getting phone calls with updats. Ive had nothing of the sort, but its not like Im holding my breath anymore. Can't wait to meet you girls. Are either of you still interested in going to PF changs the night before check it with other PI's?

See you soon. Good luck with final everything.

This may sound really stupid, but would it be a bad idea to bring board games with me? Be honest, my feelings will not be hurt.

youre so funny. I thought the same thing with me. I hope you have some good ones. All i Have is Disney Scene it, which is fun, but i left at home. I will have someone bring it or ship it out though. Sorry I didnt get a chance to call you today. I didnt get in til late. Tomorrow for sure. Have you left yet? Im in Florida, but Panama City (still 5 hours away)

I'd be up for something tomorrow night. Just let me know time, place... and how to find everyone! :) See ya!

I got the Animal Programs/Information Management PI; anyone know anything about that one? Also, how does everyone like their PI? I am so excited - I arrive June 22 :)

Hey, I just stumbled across this thread. I'm in Animal Programs, Reproductive Biology. Has everyone figured out where they're living yet?

Hi All
I have a room available for a professional intern. It's got the same amenities as Northbridge (including linens!) for $525/mo, but you wouldn't have to share your bedroom. It's just a little farther away (408&436 if you want to Mapquest it). I'm a former professional intern and now work for Disney full time. Please email me at PIRoom4Rent@hotmail.com for details. I prefer AP interns because I'm in AP (and we're way cooler than the rest of the people... :upsidedow ).
Thanks,
Kristen

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter