Animal kingdom?

In my 5th year as an AKV DVCer and have yet to find anything negative about this resort. The biggest complaint I see from these boards is the transportation. Like others have mentioned, it’s not bad at all. Even to and from MK is about 15min. All of the pros, which to me is everything, outweighs the negative and is worth the stay for a 15min ride to MK.

Boma by far is not only the best buffet on property, but one of the best restaurants overall. I always say you can pick this resort up and drop it anywhere in the US and it’d be a top destination.

We love AKL, and would stay there again in a heartbeat!!

Sanaa (get the bread service!) is one of our favorite restaurants at WDW, and we usually make it a point to go once a trip even if we're not staying there. - So I definitely wouldn't worry about leaving the resort for dinner on your arrival day. If for some reason they're booked solid, the Mara is a great quick-service place as well.

And I'm another who doesn't understand the transportation "issue". It just doesn't feel terribly far away to me, and I'm not snobby about busses. Besides, the distance to MK is balanced by the closeness to AK!

I've stayed at AKL on 5 different occasions and except for 1 time, i have always booked Standard and have always gotten a Ssvannah view. Only once did i actually book Savannah. I've been lucky, but i do always request high floor, at the end of one of the Savannah trails very far away from the lobby. I think a lot of people prefer to be closer. This last time i was 1 room away from the end of the trail. If you have lots of stuff like strollers, wheelchair, etc. you may want to request something closer in.

All the restsurants are great, but can be quite expensive like most Disney restaurants. Jiko being most expensive, then BOMA, then Sanaa, then Mara.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter