Animal Kingdom Lodge Kilimanjaro Club: Worth it?

Frugal Fairy Tales

points are just points
How is Animal Kingdom Lodge concierge level?? And, is it worth it? Would you buy into AK DVC for Kilimanjaro Club access?

We're staying concierge for the first time this Dec. We're doing a resort stay for the most part, so the food offereing really appeals to us. I just found the "Disney Vacation Family" channel on YouTube and they had a review from Nov 2021. My wife and I found it in worth watching. I think the rule of thumb is if you plan on going to the parks most if not every day, then concierge is not worth it. While I can't speak to buying into Kidani for club level access, I can definitely tell you we're happy with our DVC purchase.

We stayed one night at AKL Club Level, on 9/17. We own at BLT and VGF, but I took a chance months ago and wait listed a club level studio for one night prior to our trip starting. I was shocked when it came through! Changed our flight down (but that's another story). We were in 6209, all the way at the end of the hall. Savannah view was not really a savannah view (just some trees and birds but still beautiful) but it didn't matter to us. The CM's (Anne, Angelique and company) were all lovely and helpful. Food offerings were delicious, especially the desserts in the evening. Not sure if I would stay there or try for it again. (We liked the Club level at Contemporary much better as it was easier to go back and forth between the park and the lounge.)

I own at AKL. Having access to club lv helped us pick it over other resorts options but I would not pick akl as the soul reason.
I did club lv, u need to be prepared to walk or to follow someone walking to pick up club level rooms since they are soo few.
I think club level is worth it if u are planning on doing more of resort stay but not if u are planning in mostly the parks.
I did it for running princess rundisney in Feb and loved being club level. We were taken care of and had lots of food and drinks. It was perfect since I only had one park day and the rest of the time we stayed at the resort to relax for running. The views are not the best though at dvc club level.

Worth the extra cost? For us probably not. We stayed CL in 2012 and the difference in prices vs. a regular room was about $100/day. We stayed CL to do the Sunrise Safari which made the cost tolerable. I don't know what the premium is these days but I didn't think then the food and drink made the cost worth it.

Has anyone stayed at Kilimanjaro Club recently (i.e. in 2022)?

If so, how was it?

We own at AKL and stay club level there for three to four weeks per year in total. We’ve stayed multiple times since reopening as well and didn’t notice much of a change in terms of offerings (food and drink). If you have food allergies, they will make you a separate allergy-friendly meal. Obviously, we are big fans, but we also aren’t park commandos like we were when our son was younger, plus now both of my parents have gotten hooked on it, so we tend to spend a lot of time in the lounge.

I agree that I would never suggest buying into DVC for club access because: 1.) Your annual maintenance fees are likely going to more over the course of the contract than the difference between a CL room and a regular room. 2.) It’s a bloodbath to book them every single day. 3.) You would lose the flexibility of staying elsewhere and/or trying other CLs because you’d be tied to AKL.

Overall, I would never recommend buying into a contract for possibly tens of thousands of dollars with only five CL rooms in flux at any given time (five two-bedroom lockoffs). The chances of getting them regularly are not great. It’s easiest with a one-bedroom, but that requires almost double the points when compared to a studio.

It appears cash Club Level rooms can be on the 5th or 6th floor.

Are the DVC Club Level rooms always on the 6th floor?

It appears cash Club Level rooms can be on the 5th or 6th floor.

Are the DVC Club Level rooms always on the 6th floor?

Hotel CL rooms at AKL are on the 4th floor (not the entire floor, just some of it) and can be on either the Zebra Trail or Kudu Trail. The few DVC CL rooms are on the 6th floor.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter