Anguilla on your own, It's safe RIGHT?

DreamCruiser100

ARGHHHH........A Disney life for me!!!
Help!! I really really want my DD to be able to experience the dolphin encounter while we are in St maarten but I don't want to spend 7 hours there, and I am not sure if we will be able to get ressies since it is usually an early sell out. I checked their website and they currently have availability, but DH is worried about us traveling on our own ( he will be with me and DD) He is worried about traveling in a "foreign" country?? It's safe right, you can trust the taxi dude to take you where your suppose to go?? Follow the signs etc??

If you went their on you own please tell me the good and bad, was it easy, confusing, what should I know about the taxi's etc...

TIA:hug:

I've never been, but I have a GF that goes to Anquilla every year. She raves about it. She has never once mentioned feeling unsafe.
I've looked at her pictures and it looks like an incredibly beautiful place.
Try checking an Anquilla message board. I've also seen a lot of information about Anquilla on the St. Martin cruise critc message boards.

I just looked up Anguilla on the Trip adviser, and it looks like it would take at least an hour by Taxi to get to Margot, where we would have to take a ferry ($30 per person) for another 45 minutes, so I think I have answered my own question that If we can't book with the cruise excursion it doesn't seem worth the time and $$ especially since DH keeps reminding me that we live 30 minutes from the "World" and could do Discovery Cove. Oh well, thanks for your time and I hope everyone is having a great time TRIP PLANNING!!!!

:hug:

Are you talking about taking the dolphin excursion through Disney or another source? I just did this excursion in Feb with my DD (8). The Disney one was booked, so we went through Shore Trips. We took a taxi (taxis are parked and waiting very close to where ship docks). The taxi took us to the ferry and the ferry boat took us over to Anguilla. We did need to show our passports at the ferry terminal upon check in. They basically just wrote the numbers down, and this was the extent of "customs". The ferry boat driver said that he usually docks right at the dolphin encounter, but the ocean was too rough, so we docked in another location and he had a van come pick all of us up. He stayed with us and went too. The ferry boat driver was very nice. We were on the excursion with a lot of other people who also couldn't book the Disney one due to it selling out. I was nervous about doing the excursion with just my daughter, but it went well and I felt safe.

-Angie

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts