Angelrose's Journey

My friends I can't tell you how much I appreciate your prayers and support through this terrible time.

He seems to be very calm now. He didn't cough at all this morning. The nurse told Karen that it will be several more days. I'm bringing a cd player for him to listen to all the time. He will listen to all Disney music. That was his favorite. I was going through our pictures this morning. How happy we were! So many pictures of us smiling away. Although Ron didn't like to be in many pictures. He always wanted to take pictures of me. The only exception to this rule was when we were at Disney. Then he would have to have his picture taken with Ariel (of course!) Funny story. One year we were taking the Keys to the Kingdom tour. She asked us who our favorite character was. The men all said, Mickey, Donald or Tigger. Not my Ron. He said ARIEL! Everyone said OOOOOOOOOO. Then the next man got brave and said Jasmin. But Ron said it like it was. He also loved to have his picture taken with the dance hall girls at the Diamond Horseshoe. We loved that show. We would see at least 3 shows every day that we were there.

We always said that each day was a gift. But now there are no more gifts. We always said that we loved each other every day. We always hugged each other every day. There will be no more hugs from my sweet love. Chuck said he would give me hugs and so would Karen and Jesse. But it's not the same. I see him lying in that bed so helpless and it kills me. He was so strong. So handsome and loving. It's just so wrong that he isn't going to be here except in my heart.

I'm glad you are still able to keep us updated. I can't imagine what you are going through. I'm glad you have such wonderful memories and pictures to help comfort you. You are both still in my prayers.

My friends I can't tell you how much I appreciate your prayers and support through this terrible time.

He seems to be very calm now. He didn't cough at all this morning. The nurse told Karen that it will be several more days. I'm bringing a cd player for him to listen to all the time. He will listen to all Disney music. That was his favorite. I was going through our pictures this morning. How happy we were! So many pictures of us smiling away. Although Ron didn't like to be in many pictures. He always wanted to take pictures of me. The only exception to this rule was when we were at Disney. Then he would have to have his picture taken with Ariel (of course!) Funny story. One year we were taking the Keys to the Kingdom tour. She asked us who our favorite character was. The men all said, Mickey, Donald or Tigger. Not my Ron. He said ARIEL! Everyone said OOOOOOOOOO. Then the next man got brave and said Jasmin. But Ron said it like it was. He also loved to have his picture taken with the dance hall girls at the Diamond Horseshoe. We loved that show. We would see at least 3 shows every day that we were there.

We always said that each day was a gift. But now there are no more gifts. We always said that we loved each other every day. We always hugged each other every day. There will be no more hugs from my sweet love. Chuck said he would give me hugs and so would Karen and Jesse. But it's not the same. I see him lying in that bed so helpless and it kills me. He was so strong. So handsome and loving. It's just so wrong that he isn't going to be here except in my heart.

When I read this post, I couldn't help think of how lucky you are. My heart breaks for your situation, but think of all those wonderful years you have had together. You've had a wonderful man love you for most of your lifetime. That is a true gift that many never receive.

I know that you will miss him, but he will always be with you in your wonderful memories.

:hug: Hugs for you and Ron this evening Angelrose~My heart breaks for you both~your love for each other will certainly surpass this earthly plane. Be strong and be kind to yourself. My parents will be married 43 yrs next week and they send their prayers up for you both as well. Take care my friend:hug:

Ron is a very lucky man to have had you as his wife:grouphug:

Please know that I am keeping you all in my prayers and thoughts.

Here are hugs from me too!
:hug::hug::hug:

You still do have so many gifts, the gifts of your wonderful memories and wonderful family! The loving relationship that you have shared with Ron is very rare ...the truest gift of all!:hug:

I have been reading your updates but don't think I have posted yet. You and your dear husband and your family have been in my thoughts and prayers. I missed a few days and am just now reading about your difficult decision. My heart breaks for you. I really thought that it would be a slow and difficult process but that you would get a happy ending.

Deciding to honor the wishes of the love of your life shows just how strong your love and respect for him is. I am so sorry you won't have the years you had planned, that he broke that promise to you. You know that he never would have if he could change it.

You have reminded us all to hold on to every day, cherish our loved ones and never take one minute together for granted. It sounds like you and Ron did just that. My thoughts, prayers, and love continue to be with you.

AngelRose - It's so obvious how much you love your Ron. I am so sorry that you won't get him back. I'm sad that you have to go through this - watching him go through this. We're here for you. Continued prayers for you and your family.

Angel I am so sorry your family is going through this. I will pray for a peaceful journey home for your dear sweet loved one.

To everyone reading this thread, take a moment and go to those you love and tell them that......say the words, hold them, hug them if you can. If they aren't nearby, pick up a phone and call them. A moment.....a split second in time and your world can turn upside down. Let the words be said to everyone........

hugs
K

It's just so wrong that he isn't going to be here except in my heart.

He will also live on in the heart of every person who has read this thread thanks to you and your beautiful story. You are such an inspiration to us all. My husband and I hope to be as blessed of a couple as you two. God Bless.

I have so much respect for you and your family for honoring Ron's wishes, no matter the pain to you in having to let him go. That is so brave and kind of you. I know that if I were in Ron's position that is exactly what I would want my family to do for me.

I'm sure your husband is grateful. Peace to you all

:grouphug:

My prayers are with you. I know how difficult the desicion is, as we had to think about it for my mom, but she was a rare miracle and pulled through when no one thought we would. Words can't express my sympathy for you and your family and eventually time and memories will comfort you and heal the wounds of losing your best friend. All you can do now is be there with him and let him know how much he truly meant to you (but it sounds like he already knows).

I wish that each of us could take some of your pain. :sad1: I will keep you and your family in my thoughts.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter