An "Expert" Wine and Dine Trip Report! Updated (1/1)

Breakfast in France looks amazing! I hadn't seen anything about the Epcot experience before - have to check that out marathon weekend. Love the retro posters too - while I have a lot of nostalgia for the "good old days" when Epcot really was like a Worlds Fair, I am excited about what's to come.
Agreed! Lots of exciting stuff to come with Epcot.

Merry Halloweenmas?

So I arrived at the Magic Kingdom via monorail and noticed it was Christmas time! Or was it...?

IMG_6404.jpg

Someone I guess forgot to take down some bunting that night.... Clash of the holidays!

IMG_6406.jpg

IMG_6407.jpg

I headed over to a FP for Jingle Cruise.

IMG_6410.jpg

IMG_6413.jpg

After jingling all the way I grabbed a Dole Whip.

IMG_6417.jpg

I headed back towards Main Street and listened to Jim play the piano at Casey's. Jim saw my Dole Whip and played a song called Pineapple!

IMG_6418.jpg

Then I headed out and over to Yacht/Beach Club. It was time for our Disboards runner meet up at Hurricane Hannah's. @jennamfeo and I hosted this and we had a great turnout of people and got to meet some new Disers. It was a lot of fun. Sorry no pictures were taken apparently.

Then it was some riding the Skyliner for a bit.

IMG_6438.jpg

I ended up going to the room dropping some stuff off and then heading back to Magic Kingdom.

I rode the wildest ride in the wilderness!

IMG_6446.jpeg

Then it was back on Jingle Cruise with some friends.

IMG_6448.jpeg

It was time to head back and relax after that. I didn't need to risk not waking up for the half the next day.

Up Next: Let's run a half marathon!

You were lucky to get a wake up call. :) I've heard of runners who sleep through their races and it is something I would not want to experience.

Your costumes are really cute.

I love the 10K medal. I hope your knee felt better the next day.

I love how convenient the Skyliner is for going to the different resorts and parks. People in our Skyliner cabin were headed to Pop Century for lunch after they left DHS. They weren't even staying there but probably wanted to buy something cheaper and tastier than the food in the park. It sounded like a good idea to me. :)

You were lucky to get a wake up call. :) I've heard of runners who sleep through their races and it is something I would not want to experience.

Your costumes are really cute.

I love the 10K medal. I hope your knee felt better the next day.

I love how convenient the Skyliner is for going to the different resorts and parks. People in our Skyliner cabin were headed to Pop Century for lunch after they left DHS. They weren't even staying there but probably wanted to buy something cheaper and tastier than the food in the park. It sounded like a good idea to me. :)
Yeah I am very glad I got that call otherwise I likely wouldn’t have made it.

The Skyliner was so convenient. I took the Pop leg just to check it out because I wasn’t staying there and and I quickly hopped back to CBR. It’s so nice!

Let's run a half marathon!

I thankfully had no issues getting up this morning. I was in shenanigans gear for this one. I did meet up with those from the team who were running before hand.

IMG_6456.jpg

IMG_6457.jpg

I was in corral D for the half.

IMG_6459.jpg

I found they were really firing off the waves/corrals for this race.

IMG_6460.jpg

I believe Mary and Bert were out again early on. I skipped as I tried to catch up to @jennamfeo and @Bree. They were stopped at Louis the alligator.

IMG_6532JPG.jpg

I did have KT tape on as my knee was bothering me. That tape didn't last long however and my knee actually held up really well.

IMG_6461.jpeg

The Adventurers Club actors were out just before mile 2 but we didn't stop. We did however stop soon after for Lotso! I don't remember ever seeing him out for a race before. We also found @Princess KP

IMG_6531JPG.jpg

IMG_6462.jpg

Russell from Up was next but we skipped.

IMG_6463.jpg

Timon was next near Festival of the Lion King another skip for us.

We ran through Pandora which is always a highlight.

Kevin was out meeting near the Tree of Life which would have been a fun stop but that line was crazy long. Another pass for us.

IMG_6464.jpg

Continued in next post...

We were on a mission for Dino Chip and Dale!

IMG_6525JPG.jpg

Baloo was meeting soon after just outside Dinoland. We skipped.

IMG_6465.jpg

We stopped for Pluto though on the way towards Hollywood Studios.

IMG_6524 2JPG.jpg

IMG_6466.jpg

IMG_6467.jpg

Donald was up next in his sunning outfit.

IMG_0003 2.JPG

A female sarge was out on the overpass.

IMG_6469.jpg

We finally headed into Hollywood Studios. The mile 10 marker was right in the middle of the water stop which was strange and then right after that was Beast.

IMG_6470.jpg

IMG_6722JPG.jpg

Continued in next post...

Then they had a special 10th anniversary banner.

IMG_6471.jpg

Edna Mode was out next!

IMG_0010.JPG

And then we were out of DHS quicker than you could say Hollywood Studios.

560106676.jpg

Off to the Boardwalk next

IMG_6552JPG.jpg

We stopped for Daisy near ESPN Club

560397369.jpg

Then into the home stretch in Epcot!

IMG_6472.jpg

Gideon and Foulfellow were out in Italy.

Dopey was next in Germany

IMG_0014.JPG

IMG_6473.jpg

Big Bad Wolf was next just outside of Epcot

IMG_6777JPG.jpg

Cars were out just before the finish as they were the other two races.

IMG_6474.jpg

Our finish line photo was a lot of fun. We decided to be "those" people holding hands across the finish line.

IMG_6521 2.JPG

IMG_6674JPG.jpg

Diser meet up at the end! So much fun seeing everyone.

IMG_0012.JPG

My finish line photo with the announcers, particularly John Pelky.

IMG_6476.jpeg

IMG_6478.jpg

IMG_6479 2.JPG

The half was my favorite race of the weekend. It was great seeing so many Disers and having so much fun during this weekend. I can't wait to do it all over again during Marathon Weekend!

Up Next: Cantina time!

The half was my favorite race of the weekend. It was great seeing so many Disers and having so much fun during this weekend. I can't wait to do it all over again during Marathon Weekend!
What time was it when you were running through Epcot at the end of the race? I think it gives the runner a boost of energy once they hit the park.

Are you going to run all the races in January?

What time was it when you were running through Epcot at the end of the race? I think it gives the runner a boost of energy once they hit the park.

Are you going to run all the races in January?
Epcot was mile 12ish. So we got there around 8:30AM.

I will be doing Dopey again! Just about 3 weeks away now!

My quotes wouldn't work!!!! But, I wanted to mention I loved that you got to meet Louis from The Princess and the Frog :) He's a favorite in our house, so that would be an absolute must stop for me, too!

I don't think I've ever seen Donald in his surf board shirt :) Too cool!

The Challenge medal was really big!!! Looked like a really fun parking lot celebration afterward :) Best part of running, in my opinion LOL!

My quotes wouldn't work!!!! But, I wanted to mention I loved that you got to meet Louis from The Princess and the Frog :) He's a favorite in our house, so that would be an absolute must stop for me, too!

I don't think I've ever seen Donald in his surf board shirt :) Too cool!

The Challenge medal was really big!!! Looked like a really fun parking lot celebration afterward :) Best part of running, in my opinion LOL!
Yes Louis and Donald in his beach wear are two you don’t see too often so had to stop.

The challenge medal is really big. Always have to have fun in the parking lot!

After the 10K I skylined over to Epcot as I was meeting friends for the Parisian Breakfast in France! Endless mimosas and a great buffet!
Looks like a nice breakfast!

I did have KT tape on as my knee was bothering me. That tape didn't last long however and my knee actually held up really well.
Glad it did better!

We were on a mission for Dino Chip and Dale!
I love them in the dino costumes

Then they had a special 10th anniversary banner.
I totally missed this

It was a fun race! Good luck in January!

The Epcot Experience

After the 10K I skylined over to Epcot as I was meeting friends for the Parisian Breakfast in France! Endless mimosas and a great buffet!

View attachment 457612

View attachment 457613

I don't even remember what I all ate but this was some of it.

View attachment 457614

After breakfast I headed into Epcot for a little bit. I checked out the Epcot Experience. This was really cool.

View attachment 457615

View attachment 457616

View attachment 457617

View attachment 457618

View attachment 457621

View attachment 457619

I do have some mixed feelings on what's coming to Epcot but overall I am excited. The parking certainly needs a refresh. I really wished they sold these Epcot posters were sold somewhere.

I went and picked up my Food and Wine magnet next. The line was crazy long but thankfully moved fast.

View attachment 457620

I was off to the Magic Kingdom for a little bit next!

Up Next: Merry Halloweenmas?
My first thought was, can I buy the posters. Seems not. loving your TR, am also inspired to try Run Disney, although I am a little worried about your knee, I shall read on and hope for positive news!

My first thought was, can I buy the posters. Seems not. loving your TR, am also inspired to try Run Disney, although I am a little worried about your knee, I shall read on and hope for positive news!
Yeah the posters are not available though I wish they were. Definitely give runDisney a try if you can!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter