Amy & Dave 10/17/09 HOME AND MARRIED!!!!!!!

I continue to enjoy reading your story, Amy!

I ABsoLUTely concur that you should have a videographer. No questions asked. You'll treasure it "from this day forward" and likely watch it more than you'll ever get the photos out! Certainly something you will never regret paying for or asking someone to be in that role.

Since I squirm at the thought of a little rodent running around, the name Nemo softens the horror for me a little! I do like how you've incorporated a story to define the little thing.

What a great find with Saucon Valley Acres! It's so beautiful. As you mentioned, I love the "greeting room", too. Brilliant idea!

Hi everyone! Just a quick update.

Dave and I were looking at invitations today for a little bit. Here is one of our favorites!

invitation.jpg

I think it fits our Disney theme nicely. Not 100% sure that this is what we're going to get, but I do really like it.

Here is a picture of Remy (I named the baby mouse Remy) from Sunday. She's gotten soooo big!!!

babymouse2.jpg

Thanks for reading! :)

Like the invites cute.. not over the top Disney but subtle adult like :) and love how you post Mickey and Minnie invites and a pic of your very own mouse LOL

Like the invites cute.. not over the top Disney but subtle adult like :) and love how you post Mickey and Minnie invites and a pic of your very own mouse LOL

Thanks Drea! :)

I'm sort of feeling down tonight...partly becaue I was at a viewing tonight for my dance teacher's father. I've been going to my studio for 26 years so when I found out Miss Sharon's father passed away, it broke my heart. It was so to see how upset Miss Sharon was, but I did get to see a lot of people I danced with in the past who I haven't seen in years. In that respect it was nice, just not nice reason for seeing everyone.

The other reason I'm down is because Dave and I are trying to find a place to live and I'm getting so discouraged. We've found some listings for houses, but most of the houses in our area are way out of our price range. I just want a simple home like my parents started out with (well, we still live in their 'starter home') to start my life with Dave. Sigh...

No updates tonight, sadly. Just a little vent. Thanks for listening (I feel like Eeyore saying that!) :sad1:

You will find something, it will come. Something is right around the corner! :)

Thank you, Drea. :hug:

So here is a little update.

I'm loving looking at the Oriental Trading wedding items! Some of items are so cute! One item that I would really like to order to have at the wedding are these votive candle holders. For some reason, they really caught my eye!

Candles.jpg

Obviously they would say Dave & Amy October 17, 2009 but I think they are so cute!!!!!!

The other little update has to do with Remy, my baby mouse! His/Her eyes are finally open! I took this picture tonight when he/she was very active.

Remy13days.jpg

Hope everyone reading is doing well! :)

Aww, Remy is soo cute!

I like the votives too! It's amazing all the ideas and all the stuff that has come out for weddings in just the last 10 years since I got married!

So I actually have a fun update!!!!!

On Friday night, my mom and sister and I went bridemaid dress shopping to Alfred Angelo. Have I mentioned I love that store? The staff members are so nice and so helpful. When we walked in, the one staff member came running over and looks at me and says, "Mickey Mouse, right?" and of course I said yes! She said she didn't remember my name but she remembered my ring. So my sister starts sifting through the racks of dresses. So she pulls a few off she likes and we go into a dressing room.

My sister hates anything that is tight - dresses, pants, shirts, it doesn't matter. If it's tight fitting, she doesn't like it. So we try on a few dresses that just aren't right. Then she tries on this dress.

Bethdress1.jpg

I liked the style of the dress but Beth said she couldn't breath in it and it was too tight! At this point, I was getting really upset with her so I offered to buy her a muʻumuʻu. She didn't like that very much. Anyway, I told her we would go out and I would look through the dresses to see if there was anything I liked that I didn't think would be too tight.

So, we go back out and I start sifting through the racks, pulling dresses out for her to try on. She went back into the dressing room and put on a dress and she said to me, "this is the one I like!" It wasn't too tight and as she put it, it hides what needs to be hidden! LOL!!! Plus, it will look great on all of my bridesmaids because it's that kind of dress!

So here is my sister trying on that dress.
Bethdress2.jpg

It will actually be in burnt orange not grape, but you get the idea. Here is a picture of the dress from Alfred Angelo online in the right color.
Alfredangelodress.jpg

I want to have Dave's cousin come up to Allentown (where I live) to try on the dress because I think she would like it. I just have to try to get a time together to do that. But I'm 99% sure that that is the dress I want the bridesmaids to wear.

Hope you enjoyed this update! Hope to be able to post another one soon! :)

love the bridesmaid dress! Color will be amazing at that time too! yeah!!!

love the bridesmaid dress! Color will be amazing at that time too! yeah!!!

Thanks Drea!!!! I'm about 99% sure that that is the dress I want for the bridesmaids.

I booked the DJ! I'm currently waiting for the contract to come in the mail so we can get a deposit to them!!! Yay!!! One more thing done!

We also registered at Target this past weekend. We're not 100% done with the registry yet, but it was fun going through the store with the little zapper gun!

Another update, Dave and I are going to look at houses this weekend. We've picked out a couple we want to look at so my fingers are crossed. I know we may not find our 'perfect home' just yet, but it's worth looking!

So, no pictures this update but an update none-the-less.

We also registered at Target this past weekend. We're not 100% done with the registry yet, but it was fun going through the store with the little zapper gun!

Another update, Dave and I are going to look at houses this weekend. We've picked out a couple we want to look at so my fingers are crossed. I know we may not find our 'perfect home' just yet, but it's worth looking!

HAHA E loved zapping things for the baby registry, he looks like he should have been in the Toy story game LMAO

Let me tell ya no home is perfect. there are thing I would change about mine LEFT and RIGHT! but non the less its mine.... large morgage payment and all... )$*#)*@&$@&:headache: lol

I can't believe I haven't updated in a while! Life has been keeping me busy.

We are currently at our busiest time at my full time job - May is field trip season! We have a bunch of school kids coming through the science center Monday - Friday keeping me very busy in the gift shop. Plus I've been working at least once a week at the Disney Store, which is good. Right now I'm working there to pay off my iPhone! LOL! I love it though!

Dave and I are still house hunting...we looked at a few houses last week but nothing jumped out at us. We'll keep looking though.

Last Monday, I went and met with the minister. You see, we're getting married in the church where I grew up, but I haven't attended it in about 14 years. Sadly, just like many aspects of life, my church wasn't immune from one powerful family who thought they ran the place. They did many things to hurt my family (whether it was intentional or not, I don't know) and my parents finally had enough of it and we stopped going. It was tough since my parents met at that church. The last time I was in there was when my cousin got married 10 years ago. Since we left, the old minister retired and the church got a new one. My aunt is still active at the church so she knows him. So Dave was working, but we were up in Allentown so it was the perfect time to go meet him.

I thought it was going to be tougher walking into the building where I spent so much of my childhood, but it wasn't. I'm very glad my aunt came with me though. The minister, my aunt and I sat down and talked a little. He's a very nice man, who has a son who worked at WDW for while as a monorail operator! I am supposed to call him in July to set up a time to get together to plan the ceremony.

The other wedding related thing (well, it's wedding related but just I'm doing it for me) is that my sister and I joined Weight Watchers. We have done WW online before and were both sucessful, but of course we fell off the bandwagon and needed a little push to get back on. So we attended a meeting on Thursday night and both really enjoyed it. I've been trying to be good, but it was hard today since we went for brunch with my family and had a cook out with Dave's family for dinner. I'm planning on going for a walk tomorrow to a local produce place just to see what they have, plus it will be a nice walk.

So, that's my update for today! Happy Mother's Day to all of the mother's who maybe reading this!

:)

Hi Amy! 1st of all congrats on the house hunting! I hope you find something you like, are you looking in Allentown? (To be honest the only reason I know of Allentown is the Billy Joel song lol, but it looks very nice and lively!) It can be a long tough process though, so hopefully you will have some fun with it:goodvibes

Love the AA BM dress btw! Great color and style! Your sis looks happy in it too which is super important since you mentioned her not being a fan of tight fitting things. That dress is a wonderful choice:thumbsup2

Hi Amy! 1st of all congrats on the house hunting! I hope you find something you like, are you looking in Allentown? (To be honest the only reason I know of Allentown is the Billy Joel song lol, but it looks very nice and lively!) It can be a long tough process though, so hopefully you will have some fun with it:goodvibes

Love the AA BM dress btw! Great color and style! Your sis looks happy in it too which is super important since you mentioned her not being a fan of tight fitting things. That dress is a wonderful choice:thumbsup2

We're sort of looking in Allentown but also in the surrounding area. Wanna know something funny? Billy Joel's 'Allentown' should have been titled 'Bethlehem' since there was where the steel was made! LOL!!!

I love the BM dress too! I'm going to have Dave's cousin (one of my bridesmaids) come up to Allentown to try it on in the next month or so. I hope she likes it!!!!

So a mini-update...nothing too great though!

I talked to a videographer and he is sending me some samples of his work so I'm looking forward to seeing those.

Tonight was our second Weight Watchers meeting. I lost 2 pounds, not much but at least I didn't gain anything! My sister lost 3 pounds. I'm hoping for at least the same next week!

That's about it for now!!! :)

Congrats on the weight loss! Yayy!! :woohoo: And may you have more continued success with it! Also, congrats on house hunting! Hope the two of you find exactly the type of home you're looking for!

That BM dress is so elegant and pretty! I really like it in that orange, and I'm not a big fan of orange usually! Hehe.

It's all coming along nicely! :thumbsup2

Congrats on the weight loss! Yayy!! :woohoo: And may you have more continued success with it! Also, congrats on house hunting! Hope the two of you find exactly the type of home you're looking for!

That BM dress is so elegant and pretty! I really like it in that orange, and I'm not a big fan of orange usually! Hehe.

It's all coming along nicely! :thumbsup2

Thank you! The house hunting is still going on but it's slowed down for a bit...

Anyway - we are 5 months away from the wedding today!!!!!!!!!!!! OMG, I have so much to do!!!!!

woohoo congrats on the weight loss. I lost 5 then was lazy all week weighed myself this am and found that 5 lbs LOL darn it.. Start again on Monday

Keep up the good work girls!

I LOVE the BM dress, it is gorgeous!!! The burnt orange is a fantastic color for a fall wedding!

You guys are doing good taking your time with the houses....we jumped at the first one (ok second but we had put a bid out on the first one too) but I kindof regret it now cause its only a 3BR. I can't sell it for what we owe right now since the market really tanked down here so we are stuck for awhile. :confused3 Going slow is good, take your time and see all there is out there! :goodvibes

Its so much fun to read about your planning and think about what I would have done if we had a big weddding (we eloped to Gatlinburg, the "Vegas of the East Coast"...LOL!) so I didn't get to experience all this fun stuff! We didn't even have a registry (although I have done my share of scanning for the kiddos!);) I was actually thinking about doing a vow renewal or something along those lines in the parks once I got on the dis and saw all the great options. But here it is already 10 years this July! (and we don't have th extra dough $$ for that right now, so it may have to wait for our 20 yr anniversary! :lmao:

Anyway you guys are doing good with your weight loss too...slow & steady is the way to go!:thumbsup2 Keep up the good work!!! :goodvibes

We're sort of looking in Allentown but also in the surrounding area. Wanna know something funny? Billy Joel's 'Allentown' should have been titled 'Bethlehem' since there was where the steel was made! LOL!!!

I love the BM dress too! I'm going to have Dave's cousin (one of my bridesmaids) come up to Allentown to try it on in the next month or so. I hope she likes it!!!!

haha, gotta love inaccuracies in songs lol! I bet your DF's cousin will love it, I mean how could she not? It is a such a great dress and it is so flattering and well... awesome!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter