Amy & Dave 10/17/09 HOME AND MARRIED!!!!!!!

TheDisneyGirl02

<font color=navy>I found my Disney Prince!<br><fon
Thank you for taking the time to read my PJ!

About Us:

Dave and I met on a Disney dating site DisMates. I was at work late one night and just for the heck of it searched Disney Dating Sites and I found it. I started to search through the profiles for my area and found Dave. There was something about his profile that was so special that I knew I had to contact him. Sadly, I couldn't figure out how to contact him through the site, but luckily there was a part of his profile that said that he frequented the disboards and his screen name. So, I went over to the Dis and started searching for his screen name. I must have gone through literally 20 or 30 pages of posts until I found him. I joined the Dis and PMed him and I guess the rest is history.

Over the next couple of weeks, we spent hours on the phone talking to each other about everything and anything. We set up our first date for July 16, 2006. I had to work that day so after the work day was over, my sister and her friend came in and helped me get ready. I was late getting there and I felt so horrible about it, but I had to look just right when I met him. Since we hadn't seen a picture of each other, I had no idea what he looked like and he had no idea what I looked like. I found him by the description of his car! We had dinner at Applebees (where we ordered mozzarella sticks and how strange it is to eat fried cheese). After dinner we went to the movies to see Pirates of the Carribean Dead Man's Chest. It was in that theater where we had our first kiss. :hug: I knew from that second that he was my other half in life, my Prince Charming I had been searching for for so many years. :lovestruc

We took our first trip to WDW in December of 2007. It was a very special trip for me because I had never been to WDW around the holidays because I have been working at the Disney Store since 1999 and getting time off in December is nearly impossible. It was wonderful to be there with the man I loved. Here is a picture of us from Cinderella's Royal Table from that trip.

DaveandICastle.jpg

Our Engagement

We got engaged on September 23, 2008 in front of Cinderella Castle. I had picked out my ring at the World of Disney before we headed to MK that day. Although it wasn't a surprise, it still was because I didn't know when he was going to propose. Here is my very fitting ring.

Ring.jpg

Yes, it is a Mickey shaped ring! Sorry about the quaility of the pic and my hand makes me look like I'm 80 (I'm not even 30 yet) but at least you get the picture. I actually wear the ring with Mickey facing out so his ears are at my knuckles. So when I look at it, it sort of looks like Cinderella's Carriage! Cinderella is my favorite princess so i makes the ring extra special. :bride:

We had already decided on a wedding date before we got engaged - actually we decided on it a few months after we started dating. My birthday is October 4 (that's when I'm turning 30!) and his birthday is October 29 so the 17th was right in the middle and is perfect for us.

The Wedding Details

We are getting married in Allentown, PA in the church in which I grew up in. Dave and I live about an hour apart (it's 45 miles one way from my house to his) and I was hoping to find a place in the middle but sadly it didn't happen. We are having our reception at Saucon Valley Acres (I'll have to see if I can find some pics on the web). It is a beautiful hall located in the woods. Since it will be October, the fall leaves should be peaking around that time and it will be a beautiful backdrop for our fall wedding.

It's starting to get late but I have a lot more to post. I promise to update soon! :)

Thanks for reading!

WOOHOO YOU know im hear for the long haul! Cant wait to read and see all about it! :)

a dis wedding! Totally on board! Love you ring, awesome, just awesome!

Oh Amy, I'm SO thrilled you're writing this!!

I just love your perception of the engagement ring when it's "upside down"! :upsidedow I absolutely cannot wait to follow the whole story!

a dis wedding! Totally on board! Love you ring, awesome, just awesome!

I love my ring too! It's funny, when we started to look at wedding bands, the woman at the store gave me this 'look' when she saw my ring so I figured she just wasn't one of us! LOL!!!

Oh Amy, I'm SO thrilled you're writing this!!

I just love your perception of the engagement ring when it's "upside down"! :upsidedow I absolutely cannot wait to follow the whole story!

Hi Kimberly!!!! Glad you found your way here!

Yay! I can't wait to read more! Are you getting married in October of this year?? I'm in PA too! We're from Pittsburgh, which I think is kinda close to Allentown?

I love my ring too! It's funny, when we started to look at wedding bands, the woman at the store gave me this 'look' when she saw my ring so I figured she just wasn't one of us! LOL!!!

haha, don't you love those looks we sometimes get from people who just don't get it! I always laugh:lmao:

Yay! Another October bride! :goodvibes We're the 12th, so we'll probably see you around down there! :thumbsup2

Love the ring as well! :lovestruc

I'm Hooked! More please! Do you have your dress yet?

Tiffany

I do have my dress but since Dave may look (and add) somethings to my PJ, I don't want to post it since it's a surprise. Let me know if you want me to PM you the link. I see you're going on another cruise! How fun!

Yay! I can't wait to read more! Are you getting married in October of this year?? I'm in PA too! We're from Pittsburgh, which I think is kinda close to Allentown?

Yes, we're getting married in October of this year. Allentown is actually very close to NJ. We're only like 30 minute away actually!

Thanks for reading! :)

Amy! :woohoo:

I am so excited for you and Dave! I can't wait to read all about your planning..the wedding...the honeymoon...LOL! ;)

SIX MONTHS TO GO!! :banana:

Hi Amy I will be following along also you are off to a great start

Thanks Maureen! How are the wedding plans going for your daughter?

Amy! :woohoo:

I am so excited for you and Dave! I can't wait to read all about your planning..the wedding...the honeymoon...LOL! ;)

SIX MONTHS TO GO!! :banana:

I know...6 months to go and so much to do!!!!

Amy nothing new with Michelle's plans she is working another job right now doing taxes so all wedding plans are on hold until after tomorrow!!

WeddingMickeyMinnie.jpg

The Wedding Party

My maid of honor is my twin sister, Beth. I can't imagine having anyone else be my MOH. This is a picture of us from a few years ago when we were at Twins Days.
Twinsburg.jpg

I have three other bridesmaids -

Mequa - I met her when I was doing my college program at WDW. She became a dear friend to me and we've had so many wonderful times together. I was in her wedding in 2005 and she has a baby girl who is turning 1 on April 23.

Gail - I also met Gail when I was doing my college program at WDW. She was very good friends with Suzy/Perla (from Cinderella) as well as Chip and Dale and I had BLAST working with her. She is also a dear friend to me. She also has an 8 year old little girl who I'm hoping can be a Flower Girl or Junior Bridesmaid for me. Here's a picture of my good friend Suzy ;) and me from 2003...notice how much younger I was there! LOL!
SuzyMe2003.jpg

Alyssa - I guess I can say I met her when I met Dave! She is actually Dave's 14 year old cousin. She asked Dave's mom if she could be in our wedding - when we had only been dating like a month! I knew right then I needed to have her in the wedding! :)

Like I said, I'm hoping that my friends daughter will be able to be my Flower Girl/Junior Bridesmaid. Sadly, my friend is having some issues at home so I'm no sure if her daughter will be able to make the trip since they both live in Florida.

Dave's Best Man is his brother Eric. Dave knew before we were engaged that he wanted his brother to be his Best Man.

The other Groomsmen include Dave's two friends who has has know for over 15 years, Rich and Brian. The three of them game together (both RPG and board/card games) often. The last Groomsman is one of my best friends Josh. Athough we don't talk as much as we used to, I couldn't get married without having him being part of my big day. I met Josh when I started working at the Disney Store in 1999 and we've been friends since.

So that's the wedding party!

Well, I just wanted to do a quick update. I had a LONG day at work as well as at the Disney Store tonight. Thanks again for reading! :)

You shouls have people guess which side you are on in the pic with your sis....

my guess. the left... no right.. wait.. crap.. NO going with the gut LEFT!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!