• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Amtrak To The Dolphin??

DNBois

DIS Veterans & CBR Lovers!!!
My husband and I planned a trip to Orlando for nine days in May; we decided to be different and take the train down and fly back. We usually fly so we are not certain how to get from the Amtrak station to the Dolphin - it is about 19 miles. Is it somewhat cheap to get a taxi or does the train station have on-site rental car agencies? And, if so, is it ridiculous to rent a vehicle just to get to the hotel? Thanks for your help!

Hi DNBois!

We took Amtrak all the way from Chicago last year (not this year thank heavens, too long for me, but DH and DD loved it). The Orlando Station is very quiant and approx 30 min from WDW. We used Happy Limo and we very pleased with the service. Our train was late - a common occurance - but they kept checking and were there within 10 mins of our arrival. Great car, excellent service! It costs $96, but was a stretch limo with a car seat because we had so much stuff with the baby, including a big stroller. A Town Car is much less. Here is their phone number:
1-888-394-4277.

Have fun!

mrsv98,

Thanks so much - I was beginning to think that no one was going to help us out so thanks for coming to the rescue. We usually rent a vehicle the entire time we visit Disney so this limo/town card deal is new to us. That $96 rate - was that one way or round trip? By the way, I see you are going to Disney shortly - hope you have fun and your little girl (if that is who that is) is adorable. Thanks for any info you can give.:cool:

No Problem, DNBois! :)

That price was for a one-way trip. We also used them to go out to Port Canaveral as we went on the 4-day cruise. I really liked them and they were very professional. As I said, this price was for thier biggest car with extras added on so I think if you called them you could get a better price.

Yup, we head out on Thursday afternoon, arriving in WDW on Sat morning!!!!:bounce: :bounce: :bounce: Thanks for the nice comments about DD, she is as excited as could be. She started packing her toy bag yesterday and has her outfits picked out for Breakfast with the Princesses and Cinderella's Royal Gala!

Hope the info helps!

Coach USA runs a shuttle from the Orlando Amtrak Station. You need to book it with Amtrak when you buy your train tickets either on the phone or thru a travel agent. You can't book the shuttle online on Amtrak's website.

If you were going to take a taxi from the station to your hotel, you would be better off using the Kissimmee station, which is closer to WDW. Rental cars are indeed available from the Orlando terminal, as well as the Coach USA shuttle bus.

If you really wanted to be economical (dowright cheap, even), there are also the LYNX buses to the Transportation & Ticket Center in WDW. I believe, though, that this requires at least one transfer (beyond the TTC-Dolphin leg) even from Kissimmee (I have trouble making sense of the LYNX website!).

THANKS SO MUCH FOR THE INFO - I think I will try Amtrak and see if I can change the arrival station. What is the website for Lynx? We have APs so once we got the WDW Transportation Ctr. I believe we can use it to get to the Dolphin - do you happen to know? Thanks again!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter