Ample Hills

The ice cream was good, but nothing was "can't miss" except the ooey gooey butter cake squares they had wrapped and in a basket for sale at the checkout!! It was delicious.

I also had the ooey gooey butter cake ice cream and enjoyed it.

We went there the other night, and the only flavor DH liked was the vanilla, but then he likes his ice cream "plain"-he said the others were too mixed up. Me-I liked it all, but especially the peanut butter cup.

Is the flight a lot for one person...better for sharing?

We got a flight, and DH ate the vanilla only, and I ate all the rest. In my opinion, an ice cream lover, even with an average appetite, could probably finish most, if not all, of it.

7330D62E-BBBB-4CDD-B170-EBF93987BC06.jpeg My favorites are the ooey gooey butter cake, pb wins the cup, and butter pecan brittle. On a hot afternoon the lemon sky is really refreshing.

My dh and I shared the flight but I definitely could have finished it all myself.

I am usually a chocolate fan, anything chocolate = yummy, but I love (and day dream) about the oatmeal lace cookie flavor. It is fantastic. I've considered ordering from their site online, but I know if I open that door there is no turning back. :-)

Baked/Unbaked! :love: Chocolate chip cookie dough AND pieces of chocolate chip cookies. Win Win.

I wish they would do a smaller flight - like 3 or 4 flavors.

I LOVE the Ooey Gooey Butter Cake. I could eat a vat of that stuff. I tried a few other flavors, and I do think many of the other flavors were good, but nothing to the Ooey Gooey Butter Cake for me. I love caramel (in fact I will only eat chocolate with caramel) and cake... Well, let's say my sweet tooth is more than satisfied with this.

I had the flight and felt like it was NOT a good value. It is about $10 and I got literally a teaspoon of the 6 different once I chose. I would have gotten more ice cream for less money if I had just chosen a flavor and gotten a scoop.

Just wanted to add that if you get a small cup/cone, it is 2 scoops. You can pick 2 different flavors for your scoops.

I don't know if they serve all the same flavors at the Florida location as they do in Brooklyn, but my absolute favorite is Nonna D's Oatmeal Lace.

IMO -
You just can't go wrong at Ample Hills. It's a cut above the standard ice creams. It's not the BEST ice cream you'll ever have, but you'll know right away, it isn't standard issue. Super creamy, and not overly sweet. I'd split the sampler with the family, and then go back and order more of what you liked.

Ample Hills is my favorite ice cream on earth, and ice cream is always my dessert of choice! The ooey gooey butter cake is my fave but I’ve liked all that I’ve tried, including Nonna D’s, PB wins the cup, baked/unbaked. The only thing I didn’t love was the pretzel cone. I thought I’d like the salty-sweet combo but just didn’t. I did like the cookie cone, but it was almost too much.

I love their Boardwalk exclusive Sally Sells... I love orange and chocolate flavors together.

I've also read they're really generous with their samples!
We always sample most everything they have each time and they are regular sized when we go, just like we get at Baskin Robbin.

I must have just gotten a super stingy CM dishing mine out. I had one spoon/bite of each flavor in mine!!!!
Odd for sure. They should have been egg sized. Otherwise, you are right, you would get more ice cream if you ordered a single flavor scoop. This is for those who can't decide, not really for a bargain

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter