Americans just returned from 1st trip to DLP! Willing to answer questions for other newbies

It's an online form you are required to fill out when flying into France as of now. Lots can change by December. You can search for the online form, or your airline will often send you an email with a link several days before your flight.
I could be looking at the wrong thing, but it seems this is no longer required as of August 1. From this site: https://www.diplomatie.gouv.fr/en/c...g-to-france-your-covid-19-questions-answered/

What are the current rules applied at national borders?

As we enter a new phase of the pandemic, the health check system at borders has been lifted.
Consequently, as of 1 August 2022, the rules previously applied to travellers arriving into France are no longer enforced.

• Travellers no longer have any formalities to complete before arriving into mainland or overseas France, and the COVID certificate can no longer be requested, irrespective of the country or area of origin;
  • Proof of a compelling reason for travel can no longer be requested;
  • Travellers no longer need to present a sworn declaration that they are not infected with COVID-19 and pledge to take an antigen test or biological exam upon arrival into France.
    This also applies to travel between mainland France and each of the overseas territories.
    Similarly, the French authorities no longer require proof of a compelling reason for travel or a certificate of international travel from mainland or overseas France to another country.

However, there may be certain specific formalities to be completed in order to travel to foreign countries.

Thank you to all who answered all my beginner's question while I planned our first trip to DLP! Your answers helped SO much! We are from USA and just got home from our 1st Adventures by Disney Adventure to London & Paris and added on 4 nights at Hotel New York - Marvel to experience DLP. The shower layout at the hotel was interesting! 😉 The transfers with Western Tours both from our Paris Hotel to DLP and then to the airport were flawless and very comfortable!

We had an amazing experience and I will say the Disney Magic is alive and well in Paris! We hadn't been in the parks an hour when Captain Jack Sparrow snatched my daughter and took her on a tour of the park since she mentioned it was our first time there. We were so impressed with the number of languages he spoke! :-) The parks were so clean and the fireworks....♥️! Wish we had more time to enjoy more restaurants but we did experience Captain Jack's, Chez Remy, Plaza Character Dinner, and Walt's. The shows were amazing as well! Mickey and the Magician as well as Lion King are must sees!

Also enjoyed Dream...and Shine Brighter! We didn't know what to expect the first time - it was a parade down Main Street but then the characters and dancers moved to the stages in the hub to perform. Best spot is in the center of the hub because then you can hop from stage to stage easily to see your favorites. This performs several times per day but Stars on Parade is only at 5:30 pm.

Found the alleys behind the Main Street shops which REALLY help the crowds exit after big events instead of everyone being plastered together on Main Street.

Now, it's my turn to repay the favor! If anyone, especially those traveling from the USA, have any questions (no matter how basic), feel free to ask and I will try to answer
Thanks for this offer. My daughter is studying abroad in England starting in January. We want to meet in Paris over her spring break and do Paris and Disneyland. We have been to Paris once but it was during the strikes and right after the fire and it was difficult to move around and we didn't see everything. We have been to Disney world almost every year so are huge Disney fans too. I am trying to figure out how to allot the time because we only have five days. Could you experience Disney in a day and a half (I know not fully and completely) but enough to feel like you experienced it?

Thanks for this offer. My daughter is studying abroad in England starting in January. We want to meet in Paris over her spring break and do Paris and Disneyland. We have been to Paris once but it was during the strikes and right after the fire and it was difficult to move around and we didn't see everything. We have been to Disney world almost every year so are huge Disney fans too. I am trying to figure out how to allot the time because we only have five days. Could you experience Disney in a day and a half (I know not fully and completely) but enough to feel like you experienced it?
I think you could definitely get a good taste of DLP in 1.5 days! I would recommend arriving early both days and focus on the attractions that are different/unique in Paris. If it's feasible, I would still recommend a hopper pass so you can hop back and forth to take advantage of shorter lines or start one day at Studios and end at DLP since it stays open later. If not, I would plan to be in Disneyland Park from open to close on your full day and the Studios on your 1/2 day. Make at least one dining reservation as teh restaurants are so unique there as well!

You can do a lot, but it does depend on:
When are you planning to go and will you be able to visit during the week?

Great recap and we must have been there around the same time! First trip to DLP as well. We are DVC, Annual Pass and live about 1.5 hrs from WDW and been to DL and CA several times and have to say, we were completely impressed with DLP! We stayed at Newport and heard some say the walk was so far. Clearly they have not been to WDW! Walk was like 10 min. Further walk from World Showcase at EPCOT to monorail! Agree re alley behind Main Street. Wish MK would do the same. Made it so easy. Felt most rides were better as well - Space and Thunder and love the tweak on Tower of Terror (but love the Guardians version at DL). Anyway, we were apprehensive after reading some reviews from others about the differences but were very pleasantly surprised. Happy to hear same from you! (Fyi, we found the same type of shower in all our Paris & London hotels as well with that half door pulling out. Not sure what to make of it!)
It is the usual European style. We find the shallow half bath things odd in the US.
Maybe Europeans use baths more than Americans do. I am British and love a bath xx

Is the smoking in the parks there still out of control? Last time we were there a few years ago, smoking rules were roundly ignored, parents would hold lit cigarettes at the level of their children’s faces while walking, and at one point we saw a woman, sitting in her child’s stroller, smoking, while chatting to a CM who said nothing.

It is the usual European style. We find the shallow half bath things odd in the US.
Maybe Europeans use baths more than Americans do. I am British and love a bath xx
We have full sized bath tubs in the US, but they are not as tall to step into as the one in the Marvel hotel. The jacuzzi tubs in the DVC units at WDW are not as tall as the Marvel tub. It also wasn't the bath tub that was unusual to us, it was the 1/2 shower door so everything on the counter closest to the tub got sprayed.

Is the smoking in the parks there still out of control? Last time we were there a few years ago, smoking rules were roundly ignored, parents would hold lit cigarettes at the level of their children’s faces while walking, and at one point we saw a woman, sitting in her child’s stroller, smoking, while chatting to a CM who said nothing.
Encountered a few smokers in the park but it wasn't too bad. Maybe we just got lucky.

Probably less than before. Covid helped with this.

I have never seen it in lines, but while walking around is the way to smoke.

CMs are getting more comfortable to address smokers and refer them to the smoking areas.

But smoking is so engrained in French culture change goes slow.

I am another American just back from DLP! Thanks to OP for answering my questions before we left. We were there Aug 2-4.
ok, so I take it you didn’t do the half board package with DLP hotels….

cuz I have a question about that too, lol
We did not do any dining with our package and I was happy with that decision. For breakfast, I stopped at Starbucks on the way to rope drop and ate in line. We did only counter service during our trip because our time was limited.
UGH... that sucks! Supposedly, you can "activate" the $10/day plan as well and only get charged if you use it (instead of the $100/month plan)....
Maybe we will just go to the Verizon store and make sure it is added too.

We do plan to get international cell phones from Mobal as well, just in case....
We used our ATT phones and did not have any trouble except the general poor service in some locations.
Definitely not that bad, but people still smoke outside the designated areas while walking around. Their designated smoking spots are also placed in interesting locations, like at the bathrooms by Phantom Manor. So you had to go in/out of the bathroom through the smoke. There was one other location like that where we had no choice but to walk through the smoking area, but I can't recall where that was.

I will add some other observations we made. We found the a/c at the Sequoia Lodge severely lacking. I keep my thermostat in the summer at 73-75 and 71-73 at night; we were barely comfortable. There is less shade in the lines than in U.S. parks and I almost passed out in the SW Hyperspace Mtn line. I made the mistake of getting in line with no water. The line also took longer than posted, which didn't help. It was about 45 minutes in the midday sun. We both loved the dragon! (I know, why are the Americans so enthralled? lol Probably because the thought of a dragon living under a castle is just cool - and the technology and theming is really good.) The walk through of the castle was also really cool. I got lucky and did it in the morning when there were very few other people up there. The long character lines were a surprise and we didn't do any. I think this was the first time I went to Disney and did not visit Mickey. The 30th Anniversary night time show with the drones was great. I was glad we made the effort to stay. If you purchase Premier Access and don't get to use it because the ride is down, you have to email DLP to ask for a refund (the workers at BTM told me City Hall would refund it. City Hall told me they cannot refund it, and the workers should have told me I could have used it for a different ride). I contacted them on the 4th and still have not heard back, so I reached out again tonight. I am going to be really made if I lost $36. We focused on the rides that were different than U.S., but with the high August crowds it would not have been possible to do both parks in 1 day. Crush's and BTM both went down several times during the 2.5 days I was in the parks. We had to take the train to Val D'Europe for the pharmacy. (A big thank you to the TX family I met in the Studios rope drop line who told me how to get there). The Auchan store there is like a Walmart. It was definitely quicker/easier to walk back to SL than to take the bus. We had terrible service at Annette's Diner the day we arrived. I think our original waitress left and no one took over. I had to walk over to the register and ask for help twice. I thought the food prices in the parks were better than in the U.S.

We were there in mid-July and we found that the wifi worked well in most places. We had our cellular data off, so we were just using wifi.
If you want a phone plan and your traveling Europe grab a o2 simcard or giffgaff (a main network) from the UK as it will be in English and will give you upto 20gb if your pay as you go tariff has that much data across most of Europe.

Compared to the American Parks there is more smoking. However most of it was now in the smoking areas, which were a bit less "off the beaten path" like in say Disneyland Anaheim. You milage may vary.

Compared to the American Parks there is more smoking. However most of it was now in the smoking areas, which were a bit less "off the beaten path" like in say Disneyland Anaheim. You milage may vary.
The worst one in Disneyland (California) was always the one on the walkway across from the Matterhorn. When the line stretched back onto the walkway (as it usually did) it was impossible to wait on the line without inhaling some toxic smoke. After a visit to Legoland California, which was one of the earliest parks to completely eliminate smoking within the park gates, I was so impressed and was wishing for years that Disney would adopt the same policy. And finally in 2019 my wish came true.

Did you do a meal plan at DLP? Going for the first time in Nov and doing a half board, so I get breakfast and one meal. Just a 2 night/3 day trip so I'm thinking that only covers 2 breakfasts and 2 lunch/dinner. Any favorite restaurants for the breakfast as well as lunch/dinner? I believe the half board does not allow me any character meals without paying an upcharge so my lunch/dinner is limited to any non-character meal from what I understand.

Did you do a meal plan at DLP? Going for the first time in Nov and doing a half board, so I get breakfast and one meal. Just a 2 night/3 day trip so I'm thinking that only covers 2 breakfasts and 2 lunch/dinner. Any favorite restaurants for the breakfast as well as lunch/dinner? I believe the half board does not allow me any character meals without paying an upcharge so my lunch/dinner is limited to any non-character meal from what I understand.
We did not as it didn’t seem to fit the way we eat just as we don’t use the dining plan at WDW. We enjoyed Walt’s, Chez Remy, and Jack’s.

We did not as it didn’t seem to fit the way we eat just as we don’t use the dining plan at WDW. We enjoyed Walt’s, Chez Remy, and Jack’s.
That makes sense, thanks for the feedback! I have never used the package at WDW either, but I only have a 3 day/2 night package so I actually figured for a short trip, it would be easier to budget for the trip having the package. Plus my normal eating habits is more of a late breakfast and then an average time dinner, maybe with a snack inbetween, so I saw things from the other side of the table when planning this and understanding why people pay for the dining plan! Those are highly recommended restaurants so I'll have to see if they are included or if they are an upcharge!

Alot of people including myself don't see the value in the plan. You could be better off paying as you go. Remember to book the must do restaurants in advance as they can be full. Walt's and Remy is a must!

We were never able to book Walt's online even checking daily before arrival. On our first day in the park, I walked in and asked for any availability during our stay and they had availability every day. So, if you aren't successful online, it never hurts to check in person.

That makes sense, thanks for the feedback! I have never used the package at WDW either, but I only have a 3 day/2 night package so I actually figured for a short trip, it would be easier to budget for the trip having the package. Plus my normal eating habits is more of a late breakfast and then an average time dinner, maybe with a snack inbetween, so I saw things from the other side of the table when planning this and understanding why people pay for the dining plan! Those are highly recommended restaurants so I'll have to see if they are included or if they are an upcharge!

I am looking into the plan and it seems worth it. It’s not a bad mark up and includes breakfast in your hotel (a good deal if you’re staying at one of the nice ones) and then a lunch or dinner.

I’ve been told that you can make reservations for dining on the app so that’s what I will be looking for.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter