Americans just returned from 1st trip to DLP! Willing to answer questions for other newbies

Will be headed to DLP in December for the first time. What is the EU digital passenger locator, and do we need to have one?
It's an online form you are required to fill out when flying into France as of now. Lots can change by December. You can search for the online form, or your airline will often send you an email with a link several days before your flight.

So I've checked the French National page and it says it's only for flights into France. Am I to believe that if I'm coming via Eurostar that I don't need to?

So I've checked the French National page and it says it's only for flights into France. Am I to believe that if I'm coming via Eurostar that I don't need to?
When we took EuroStar, we had to show our proof of vaccine when we showed our passports prior to boarding.

We're going for the first time in September! Did you have an international phone plan? Or use wifi in the park? I'm spending a week in Paris and then 4 days at DLP, and trying to figure out how the wifi/data situation might be.

We're going for the first time in September! Did you have an international phone plan? Or use wifi in the park? I'm spending a week in Paris and then 4 days at DLP, and trying to figure out how the wifi/data situation might be.
We were there in mid-July and we found that the wifi worked well in most places. We had our cellular data off, so we were just using wifi.

We have AT&T and they offer an international day pass you can add to your phones so they work just like at home. It's $10 per day for the first phone and $5 per day for each additional phone on the same account with a maximum charge for 10 days on any given bill. We wanted to keep in touch with folks at home plus used the maps and translator apps a LOT in Paris.

Last edited:
@poohj80 - did you feel 4 nights was too much? Just right? Too little?
We are Disney Nuts and with it being our first trip to DLP, wanted to see and do everything! I would say it was about right but still did not get to see and do everything we had anticipated - partially because I have a teen who is not an early riser (we did stay until closing every day though). We really didn't expect lines to meet characters to be longer than ride lines so we skipped most of those. Some of the rides which have the longest lines at WDW did not have long lines at DLP. We made one dining reservation each day to try some of the restaurants but ate quick service or snacks the rest of the time. Most quick service locations closed early though (6-7 pm when park open until 11 pm) so we were glad Downtown Disney dining locations were open late. Also, the shows are amazing so take the time to go see them!

Last edited:
We are Disney Nuts and with it being our first trip to DLP, wanted to see and do everything! I would say it was about right but still did not get to see and do everything we had anticipated - partially because I have a teen who is not an early riser (we did stay until closing every day though). We really didn't expect lines to meet characters to be longer than ride lines so we skipped most of those. Some of the rides which have the longest lines at WDW did not have long lines at DLP. We made one dining reservation each day to try some of the restaurants but ate quick service or snacks the rest of the time. Most quick service locations closed early though (6-7 pm when park open until 11 pm) so we were glad Downtown Disney dining locations were open late. Also, the shows are amazing so take the time to go see them!

ok, so I take it you didn’t do the half board package with DLP hotels….

cuz I have a question about that too, lol

We have AT&T and they all you to add an international day pass to your phones so they work just like at home. It's $10 per day for the first phone and $5 per day for each additional phone on the same account with a maximum charge for 10 days on any given bill. We wanted to keep in touch with folks at home plus used the maps and translator apps a LOT in Paris.

wow, wish Verizon was like that…

ok, so I take it you didn’t do the half board package with DLP hotels….

cuz I have a question about that too, lol
No, we did not. We don't use the Dining Plan at WDW as we don't feel like it is a good deal for the way we eat and always felt like we were having to count credits. We typically eat one large meal per day and then snack the rest of the time.

LOL, I meant the $5 for the 2nd phone on the line, lol :D

Our phones are unlocked so we are considering getting international SIM cards.... not sure yet.
Ahh, yes, that would be nice! I ended up just doing the month-long plan for an extra $100, and my husband only could use wifi. It was a complete pain to get it added through Verizon, and when I thought I had added it, they had not done it at all. I only checked because I was at the Verizon store and two different people came in saying they were leaving the country that day and they did not have the international plan set up yet, but it should have been. Very frustrating. Getting a SIM card might just be easier! :)

Ahh, yes, that would be nice! I ended up just doing the month-long plan for an extra $100, and my husband only could use wifi. It was a complete pain to get it added through Verizon, and when I thought I had added it, they had not done it at all. I only checked because I was at the Verizon store and two different people came in saying they were leaving the country that day and they did not have the international plan set up yet, but it should have been. Very frustrating. Getting a SIM card might just be easier! :)

UGH... that sucks! Supposedly, you can "activate" the $10/day plan as well and only get charged if you use it (instead of the $100/month plan)....
Maybe we will just go to the Verizon store and make sure it is added too.

We do plan to get international cell phones from Mobal as well, just in case....

UGH... that sucks! Supposedly, you can "activate" the $10/day plan as well and only get charged if you use it (instead of the $100/month plan)....
Maybe we will just go to the Verizon store and make sure it is added too.

We do plan to get international cell phones from Mobal as well, just in case....
I got charged the $10 when I accidentally turned off airplane mode when we got to Dublin. I didn't even do anything, it was just long enough for it to find a network, apparently. We usually rent a wifi hotspot when in Europe and leave our phones on airplane mode.

wow, wish Verizon was like that…
They do have a $10/day deal, but its for each line. My wife and I just got back and used wifi all the time.

One note if you go this route, make sure you turn off cellular data and maybe even your sim to avoid all charges. One thing to be careful of, updates to your OS and or turning off/restarting your phone; those will all turn everything back on and you'll get texts, etc and be charged...not saying that happened last week but....

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter