American Idol!!!!

Well. I missed Kimberly last night, so don't know where she would fall on my list. Of the others, I would rank them like this:
1) Clay (awesome)!
2) Ruben (didn't love him at all last night, but still better than the others)
3) Trenyce (think she's good, but not good enough)
4) Carmen (she doesn't bother me at all, but I agree she is often flat)
5) Josh (it pains me to place him here, I really like him but it was NOT his night)
I think Carmen will go next, followed by Trenyce and then Josh. Not sure yet how the top 3 will shape up.

* I am VERY upset about Randy's comment to Carmen last night. I agree that she cannot possibly win, but how can you tell a contestant that? Would he like her to say "Okay, then, I give up"? Or will he trash her next week (If she's still there) for not giving it her all? How do they expect someone to do their best when they've just been told in front of millions of people that they can't win? I think that was totally inappropriate. Just needed to get that off my chest :mad:

Originally posted by FOJMO
Now, not to be nit-picky, but have you noticed Carmen's terrible complexion? Zit City! They did their best to cover them up for last night, but some of the clips of stuff during the week (hair coloring) showed her with almost no makeup on and her face was a pimply mess! My DD (17) kept saying EWWWWW!!!!

I did notice that last night, Val, and I think whoever does her makeup should make a fortune on how her face looks so flawless on stage!

I also agree with Josh's lips. It's always given me the creeps. As for being a Marine that's wonderful but I was engaged to a Marine once and found out he had more than one fiance :earseek: so my opinion of them is the same as all human beings, which he is....

I think Carmen's fan base will continue to keep her afloat, especially after the way she was DESTROYED last night. I see little high school girls with the redial going over and over and over.... WHY did Simon tell her she couldn't win? Now they'll never stop!

I voted for Clay, Kimberly and Ruben. They are the top three and the ones to beat. Clay sang my FAVORITE song... it was a song I used to sing to my sick cat ... and I was a pool of tears when he was finished. My son actually got MAD at him for making me cry!

As for my son.... :rolleyes: .... He is soooo in love with Kimberly that he can't see straight. He adores Ruben, thinks Carmen is cute but can't sing, thinks Clay is "funny looking", has no opinion about Josh and thinks Trenyce is the UGLIEST thing he's ever seen. He said "why does she only use one name? Does she think she's a DIVA????"

From the Mouths of babes!!!

He does admit Clay can sing but Ruben is his idol. And I disagree with the comparison to Barry White. He's much more comparable to Luther Vandross, who is a true ballad singer. Barry White mostly talked through his songs.

As for the weight thing, Simon told people who could lose a couple of pounds and their look could be improved by it. With Ruben it IS his look. His size is his signature and if he lost a few pounds he'd STILL be huge.

I think Simon should tell Trenyce to GAIN weight! YUK!

You know why your son is in love with Kimberly don't you?

She looks just like his Beautiful Mom! :D

Simon and Randy threw down the gaunlet for Carmen fans. I agree that all those who have been keeping her afloat will probably do so again just because she was told that she couldn't win. I will be surprised to see her voted off.

I think that Simon and Randy both are disgusted with the way things are going. What happened to the variety of song themes that we had last year?

I forget who posted about Frenchie, but I agree. She would be blowing everyone away, Vanessa too if she hadn't of been voted off so early.

I'm also upset by some of the Themes used this year. They want everyone to change it up, but then they do a theme night with a songwriter who is known for her ballads!!! Makes no sense to me.

Now, about Kelly Clarkson. She was my pick for last year from day one, but the last song she sang on AI was horrible...it sounded like screaming...she is so much better on nice , easy, mellow songs. I don't like how they are changing her looks, trying to make her edgier..she was fine how she was last year.

I agree with those who say Josh was the worst last night, but Carmen still needs to go first. Her performance last night was not enough to keep her spot IMO. She has a unique sound, but with her pitch and vibrato control etc. - she is not ready.

I think the judges are getting very frustrated and trying to get the audience to vote "correctly". They want Carmen out of there and Kimberly L. in the final 3 with Ruben and Clay. Me too! I hope their comments don't backfire.

Either way, they are not going to end up with a "POP" star from this years group. They will need to market much differently for this year's winner.

I wish I had seen last year's show for comparison. I am really enjoying the singing this year, but some of their group songs remind me of an "Up With People" performance - not really a pop group.

I didn't get to see the whole thing. I was doing the "Mom" thing.

I did get to see Josh, Ruben & Carmen. I thought Josh was terrible, Ruben was okay (still has a great voice) but not spectacular & as far as Carmen, Simon is right. I did like her confidence, however.

Unfortunately, I missed the others. Just thought I would give my 2 cents.

As soon as they finished with Carmen, my DH said, "Uh-oh, her fan base is now going to call 5,000 times more." So, I think some of you guys may be right about her sticking around again so it could be Trenyce going tonight. Too bad, because Trenyce does have a nicer voice. And, although Josh did poorly, and will probably be in the bottom three, I definitely think he'll be around a bit longer.

As much as I like Ruben's voice, he still sounds exactly the same to me, week after week. I wouldn't buy his CD. I would buy Clay's in a second (and also go to see him on Broadway!). I think Simon misjudges how many people love ballads and as other posters mentioned, there have been quite a few pop artists who made their fortune on them and the time is perfect for a new one. Most everyone I know is so sick of the Justins and Britneys that clog the radio airways.

Vanessa would have made things interesting if she was not voted off so early

i agree 100% with suzannen..i was very dissapointed with josh last night ,he is capable of doing so much better,i like his country voice the best. maybe soon they can pick there own music so we can see there personality.

Originally posted by ckr
You know why your son is in love with Kimberly don't you?

She looks just like his Beautiful Mom! :D

HAHA!! I WISH! :p

Actually she is IDENTICAL to my older sister Barbara, from dimples to the thighs!! My sister is the "beauty" of the family and still is at age 60!

My son is very partial to his Mom and his aunties! I guess that's why someone as thin as Trenyce doesn't stand a CHANCE!

Got this from another board -- if anyone wants to download any of the performances from this week or previous weeks, go to:
http://idolforums.neurox.net/

Then go to the board for whichever contestant you're interested in, and there will be a thread posted with the song title, and a link inside to download that performance! I actually haven't tried it yet 'cause I don't have any media players on my work computer, but I'm going to check it out when I get home!

I'm especially interested to see if there is anyone who I like either more or less when I'm just listening, and can't also see them!

Just curious to know from anyone who watched American Idol last time around if Simon ever made comments to Kelly about needing to lose weight. She's not a skinny thing but I love seeing a real looking person up there.

I agree its really odd how Simon will comment on some of their looks but says nothing about Ruben.

I watched American Idol last time and I don't recall anything being said about Kelly's weight. She never appeared to need to loose any. I just remember them saying that they didn't remember her trying out and that each week she just got better and better. I'm not sure that she was their favorite but they were impressed with her. Paula's favorite was the girl that is playing on Boston Public, oh what is her name? All three judges were shocked when she was voted off.

I think Simon is being extremely hypocritical...he kept telling Clay and Ruben to change what they were doing and then praised them when they did...but he keeps telling Josh to stick with country and not try anything else!

I also don't understand Simon's big concern about image, and the winner being a "pop" singer. Since when does an American Idol have to be a "pop" star?? I love Clay, and I'll gladly admit that he does have a perfect Broadway voice and not a "pop" voice. But if the audience is embracing that, then what's the problem??

I'm hoping Carmen will finally be gone tonight. She seems like a really nice girl and I think her voice is actually pretty nice, but she has way too much vibrato for me!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter