American Idol Season 12 Official Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I guess I can handle watching more shows, I'll just keep the remote handy.

My TV was taken back by DH so I missed the end of the show. Though I doubt I really missed it.

This will be the first season (since mid season 1) that I have not watched every single episode of AI. Could not deal with the new judges (and the show being all about the judges), so removed this from my DVR. I will rely on you guys to see if I should put it back on when the competition shows start.

I almost choked when Keith said he felt like a scratching post! :rotfl2: But I think we are not going to watch the rest of this season. Too much Nicki and Mariah. :worried:

I wonder how many auditions they could show if they cut out the stories and bad auditions?

And commercials!! There was like one audition, then a ton of commercials. So glad I have DVR!

Overall, a very underwhelming season premiere. I can't stand Nicki Minaj! :rolleyes2 I really think Idol is on its last leg. Look how many people aren't watching because of their judge choices!

Just watched, wasn't as good as I was expecting, but I'll give it a chance. I miss Steven Tyler, and its Still not the same since Simon left :( and I agree about the commercials, thank goodness for dvr.

Oh, Nicky, if only you became a bus driver instead...

:thumbsup2 Oh how I wish!!

poor Keith... having to sit between the two women must be torture!

I feel sorry for him too!

I liked Frankie too.

Me too!

I miss Steven Tyler, and its Still not the same since Simon left :(

I agree. :(

Why do they have four judges? What if the vote is split 2/2, then what? I wish they would get rid of Nicki. She just seems like a Lady Gaga wannabe to me. And the bickering between her and Mariah, please just stop already!!

I always enjoy the auditions, but I'm thinking about skipping them this year.

I think I was watching the Nicki/Mariah show last night.:scared1: Did Keith & Randy even speak? Dawg, it was NOT good. I couldn't believe some of the singers they sent through. They weren't in tune at all.

I wish they would bring Kara back. She had an excellent ear and good feedback. I guess her "name" wasn't big enough. I miss the first few seasons where it was all about the kids. Now it's all about the judges.

Man, Mariah managed to make nearly everything about herself last night. Is that what we have to look forward to all season? That and catfighting between her and Nikki Minaj. Blech.

I watch Idol for the contestants, not the judges. My favorite last night was the blonde girl from Berkeley who had lost a ton of weight. She was really good!

After 30 minutes I could not stomach the sniping between the girls. I like their musici but not the constant personal attacks. I am sure they were told to amp it up for TV but I am done. In today's world of trying to teach young ones to be kind and not to bully, here it is on TV again, the ultimate double standard. Won't be watching Idol.

I think I was watching the Nicki/Mariah show last night.:scared1: Did Keith & Randy even speak? Dawg, it was NOT good. I couldn't believe some of the singers they sent through. They weren't in tune at all.

I wish they would bring Kara back. She had an excellent ear and good feedback. I guess her "name" wasn't big enough. I miss the first few seasons where it was all about the kids. Now it's all about the judges.

I agree! I also think they only need 3 judges. Why do they have 4? :confused3 None of them had their own opinions, they all just agreed with whoever spoke first. So boring!

This will be the first season (since mid season 1) that I have not watched every single episode of AI. Could not deal with the new judges (and the show being all about the judges), so removed this from my DVR. I will rely on you guys to see if I should put it back on when the competition shows start.

Same here....I've watched AI from the start(dvr'ing when necessary), but last night I watched for 15 minutes and deleted the recording. I can't watch Mariah and Nicky at all....so sad that it came to this.

I can't stand Nicki and her dang accents. If I want to hear those accents, I'll go track down Gunnar from Nashville :rotfl2:

I can't stand Nicki and her dang accents. If I want to hear those accents, I'll go track down Gunnar from Nashville :rotfl2:

I can't stand listening to her.

I thought I would dislike Mariah but so far the only one annoying me is NM.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter