Amateur Food Critic *PTDR*

dsnygrl21

Mouseketeer
Hello to all you Disney Diners and Readers out there!

This is my first ever Dining Review and I just can't wait to(pardon the pun), sink my teeth into it! The trip starts August 20 to the 28 with a split stay at OKW and BLT and of course Deluxe DP. It's our first official trip as a DVC Member and we are sooo excited!

We also have a HUGE family reunion for this trip full of tasty and yummy food ressies to fill us up with lots of memories.

155059_10150099173362975_562002974_7119610_2113765_n.jpg

Here we are!

I am Kelly, 27, and I love to eat a little too much. I have to hit the gym a bit, lol. Long time disney diner.

Devin, 27, my partner in crime and soon to be in life. We were engaged in Disney and are hoping to have a wonderful Disney themed wedding on Long Island.

Let's get down to business:

August 20:
Dinner: Tutto Italia

August 21:
Breakfast: at room
Lunch: Liberty Tree Tavern
Dinner: Ohana's

August 22:
Lunch: Flame Tree Barbeque
Dinner: Raglan Road Irish Pub

August 23:
Lunch: Biergarten Restaurant
Dinner: Le Cellier

August 24:
Breakfast: Olivia's Cafe
Lunch: QS @ BB
Dinner: Hoop-De-Doo Revue

August 25:
Lunch: Sci-Fi Dine-In Theater (We do this one every trip!)
Dinner: Hollywood Brown Derby

August 26:
Breakfast: Chef Mickey's
Lunch: Not planned yet
Dinner: Narcoossee's

August 27:
Lunch: unplanned
Dinner: Restaurant Marrakesh

August 28:
Lunch: unplanned as of yet

Since we do have an efficiency kitchen with the villas, I am taking advantage of easy to do breakfasts. :wizard:

So excited to get there already!!!

The grading system:

I figured to do all the chefs from disney(or affiliated) movies! No more than one chef per movie. Some of them aren't terribly related to the grade but I will do my best!

chefremy.jpg
Remy - A+ This little dude just knows exactly how to cook! Everything is perfect from the start to the finish, including service, food, drinks, amount of time, dessert, ambiance.

cheftonyjoe-1.jpg
Tony & Joe - B+ Is it the Ritz? No. We're in a back alley eating spaghetti. But are they trying really hard to create that magic? Yes. They got me so into the ambiance I'm rolling a meatball to my sweetheart with my nose! This grade would be given, though the food and restaurant isn't top notch, it's very close and the staff is making it better.

chefswedish.jpg
Swedish Chef - C+ I can't understand a word he's saying?! He keeps flailing around a chicken and a butchers knife and to be quite honest, I'm a little scared! :( Though I'm sure he means well, it's just not looking good(especially for the chicken!). Everything is just so-so. Nothing too spectacular other than the chicken making his escape.

cheflouie.gif
Chef Louis - D+ He is supposed to be one of the best cooks, but he has some, ahem, anger management issues where even the food he cooks tries to run away! Nothing seems to be going right and it shows in every aspect. The only thing keeping this afloat and not a fail would be one specific area of expertise. Otherwise, it would go out the door as most of it's meals try to do.

cheffauna.jpg
Fauna - F I'm sorry Fauna, you are cute and all but when it comes to cooking, KEEP HER OUT OF THE KITCHEN!! When she is paired with her sisters who cannot do anything without magic, everything is ruined and nothing could save it unless there was a little Disney magic there. Sadly, there was none in this instance.

I'm in! Our trips overlap a bit ... looking forward to reading your reveiws when we get back!

Congrats on your engagement!

Congrats!!! Cant wait for your reviews, take lots of pics for us!

I'm following along. Congrats and it looks like you've got a great line-up. It's my dream to do DxDP one day! You and your DF are ADORABLE (and has anyone told you that you resemble Anna Paquin? I saw your photo and thought "Sookie Stackhouse goes Disney")!

Thank you everyone!! I hope to really give you a bunch to read once I get back!!

I'm in! Our trips overlap a bit ... looking forward to reading your reveiws when we get back!

Congrats on your engagement!

When are you going?? I will be looking for some LGMH when I get down there!

Congrats!!! Cant wait for your reviews, take lots of pics for us!

I will be taking plenty of pics.. Do the CM's look at you funny when taking pics of your meals?? :confused3

I'm following along. Congrats and it looks like you've got a great line-up. It's my dream to do DxDP one day! You and your DF are ADORABLE (and has anyone told you that you resemble Anna Paquin? I saw your photo and thought "Sookie Stackhouse goes Disney")!

OMG!!! :eek: My nickname was Rogue, back in the day. I get the Anna Paquin all the time. Too funny if it was Sookie going to Disney, lol :worship:

True Blood in Disney?! :scared1:

I'm signing up... looking forward to your reviews! I'll be there 8/19-8/23. Have fun!! Congrats on your engagement and upcoming wedding!!

Just noticed that we'll both be at Tutto Italia for dinner on the 20th ~ It's always a good meal!

Hi again Kelly! Hope you have a wonderful trip... I'll be there for my honeymoon a few days after you are there! So I'll look forward to your food reviews when you get back, and hopefully I'll be doing some myself!

When are you going?? I will be looking for some LGMH when I get down there!

Not sure we will have any LMGHs this trip. :eek: We'll be there 8/25 thru 9/4. Please join my PTR (link in my sig!). We are doing the DxDDP as well and I have made literally hundreds of changes since I first made ADRs in February. I really think I am done now and my plans are finally final!

I'm signing up... looking forward to your reviews! I'll be there 8/19-8/23. Have fun!! Congrats on your engagement and upcoming wedding!!

Just noticed that we'll both be at Tutto Italia for dinner on the 20th ~ It's always a good meal!

OMG!! :eek: Hope to see you in the dining room. I now have dark brown hair and my fiance is still hairy so please look for us! :woohoo:

Hi again Kelly! Hope you have a wonderful trip... I'll be there for my honeymoon a few days after you are there! So I'll look forward to your food reviews when you get back, and hopefully I'll be doing some myself!

I can't believe that it's almost your wedding already!! Have a great time and I hope that your wedding it's perfect and beautiful. I'm sure it will be. :cheer2:

Not sure we will have any LMGHs this trip. :eek: We'll be there 8/25 thru 9/4. Please join my PTR (link in my sig!). We are doing the DxDDP as well and I have made literally hundreds of changes since I first made ADRs in February. I really think I am done now and my plans are finally final!

Definitely will join! Well, have a great trip and can't wait for the dining reviews, lol.

After reading so many bad reviews of Hollywood & Vine, I decided to change our reservation to Hollywood Brown Derby. I am keeping it a surprise from DF so he will be surprised when he gets there! :thumbsup2

Leaving tomorrow, so excited!:dance3:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter