Am I going to get termed???

Aria

Earning My Ears
I have gotten sick a LOT lately, sickness after sickness.

I got one reprimand and since then I've called out 4 times consecutively, and now, once yesterday. I have not been to the doctor. I didn't have transportation, I don't have insurance, and my checks haven't been so great lately so I can barely afford my groceries.

I really do not want to get termed but I can't find anyone who will take today or tomorrow's shift. What happens if I call out twice, today and tomorrow and no doctor's note?

I know that's 3 reprimands, plus one point. Is that enough to send me home? :'(

Please let me know ASAP. I'm freaking out.

From the CP attendance matrix on the Hub: "Attendance/Clocking discipline progression states three reprimands prior to termination. Termination should occur when the fourth reprimand is due."

You really need to talk to your leaders. There won't really be much they can do if you can't get any sort of medical documentation, but they might be able to ADO your upcoming shift(s).

I know I'm an internet stranger, and you also have the insurance/money issue to deal with, but I'd gladly give you a ride to a doctor if you need it. I've never been a CP but I've got plenty of friends who are, and I have a lot of sympathy for the hectic life you all deal with to do the program.

There should be medical clinics in the Orlando area that offer "sliding scale fees" for those who are uninsured. This means that they will use your income to determine how much you are able to pay for medical services.

After googling "find a medical clinic with sliding scale," this seemed like one of the most helpful websites: http://www.needymeds.org/free-clinics. I don't know how accurate it is for Orlando, but it appeared to include all the clinics in my area.

I really hope you feel better soon!

Also, you can try to go to the Cast Health Center in the EPCOT Cast Parking lot and try to get help that way! When I was on my first CP, I got a major ear infection and went there, and they helped me to get antibiotics and also sent a note to my leaders. Additionally, you can group those consecutive call ins together to make it just 1 point overall, you just have to talk to your Leaders (again, this is from experience). However, you can only group the consecutive call ins one time. Hope that you feel better soon!

Also, you can try to go to the Cast Health Center in the EPCOT Cast Parking lot and try to get help that way! When I was on my first CP, I got a major ear infection and went there, and they helped me to get antibiotics and also sent a note to my leaders. Additionally, you can group those consecutive call ins together to make it just 1 point overall, you just have to talk to your Leaders (again, this is from experience). However, you can only group the consecutive call ins one time. Hope that you feel better soon!
It depends on who is working. Anytime I went there they were rude and said their services were only for full/part time cast and not CPs.

Centra Care will pick you up and drop you back to housing. You really need to get to a doctor asap.

Sorry to hear about you getting sick. The sad but harsh truth is that yes, you can be terminated for attendance. If you are a CP, calling out is calling out as you are not given any health benefits or comp time. In addition to talking to your leaders, talk to the housing office about the possibility of self-terminating. If you are terminated for attendance, you may have a hard time getting rehired down the road.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter