Am I budgeting correctly?

SumWhrOvrThRanBo

Mouseketeer
Disney newbie here... Hoping that I have budgeted enough for our first family vacation!

Travel Dates
Check In
October 16, 2010
Check Out
October 23, 2010

Travel Party
2 Adults
2 Children (Ages 6 & 4)

Resort Choice
Disney's Pop Century Resort

Dining and Entertainment Choice
Magic Your Way Package Plus Dining

Park Ticket Choice
6 Day Magic Your Way Ticket

It all comes to a grand total of $2,645.90

We will be driving...
Total Travel Estimate:
12 hrs 49 mins / 820.49 mi

I have figured that all together- including our vacation package, gas, souvenirs, tipping at resturants, & any extras the boys may want including arcades, mini golf, ect. & the price of mnsshp tickets -- that this vacation will cost us $4,000.

Am I under or over estimating at all- Am I forgeting anything?

Here is a look at our plans...
Sat. Oct 16th- Drive to Orlando
Sun. Oct 17th- Chef Mickeys (breakfast) & magic kingdom
Mon. Oct 18th- yak & yeti (lunch) & animal kingdom
Tue. Oct 19th- Prime Time (dinner) & Hollywood Studios
Wed. Oct 20st- Tutto (dinner) & Epcot
Thur. Oct 21nd- Kona Cafe (breakfast) & magic kingdom- mnsshp at night
Fri. Oct 22st- downtown Disney & Hoop Dee Doo Review (dinner)
Sat. Oct 23rd- LONG drive home

What do you think? Thanks sooo much!

I think you are probably over-estimating a bit, but that will be a nice surpise when you add everything up at the end of your trip. :goodvibes

We drive farther (about 1300mi each way) and spend around $250 on gas (one year we left home the day our gas hit $4/gallon, so that may have been a bit more). Maybe $150 for tips. About $200 for MNSSHP. That leaves a little over $750 for souvenirs and extras. (I know some families may spend that much or more, but we usually spend under $200)

I think it looks pretty close. I also think you might come back with some money, which will be nice!

Just make sure you have some emergency cash or credit card. You never know when you will need it!

Better to over budget than to be under. Esp. on that first trip. I know we spent more money on shopping on our first trip than on any trip since. That being said we spent under $5,000 on our second trip for everything including 14 nights hotel stay, 10 day park hopper with water park fun and more tickets, flights and MNSSHP tickets. We were 4 adults with free dining at Pop. You should have more than enough money in your budget to do what you have listed.

I bet you'll end up happily surprised! When we went 2 years ago, it was myself, 2 teenagers, and my 2 y/0. We were staying at a value and had free dining. We were there 8 days/7 nights. Since food was covered, I budgeted $100 a day for extra stuff. Needless to say, I was happily surprised to take a lot of money back home! The first few days were expensive buying souveniers, but towards the end, we really didn't spend much money, except for tips for meals, and the occasional drink. I charged everything to the room, and I think my total at checkout was around $600, and that includes a $260 charge at the Toy Store at DTD buying my son's 3rd birthday presents! :thumbsup2

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter