almost alone at Narcoossee with DH

Erikarate

married her prince
Just returned from our BCV trip July 7-22nd. It was me, DH, DD14, DS12, DD 2, and various friends who visited throughout our stay.

On this particular evening the two eldest children were at their grandmothers house in Sarasota, so it was just DH and I and our 2 year old. Meals with her can either be cake or a disaster. Luckily she was so good in the restaurant that DH and I almost felt like it was a romantic dinner for two (phew!).

It was a bit rainy so we valeted the car (free with our tables in wonderland) and made our way to Narcoossee. Our family has been fortunate enough to enjoy pretty much all of the signature restaurants at Disney except V & A and Narcoossee, so I was very excited to try it. It did not disappoint!

We had an amazing view of Cinderella castle and DH commented on how he was pleasantly surprised on how intimate the restaurant was. I ordered DD a root beer which came with a Mickey straw and that along with the crayons kept her entertained until her chicken fingers came (which was accompanied by AMAZING fresh cut fries).

DH and I both started with the green goddess salad with romaine, cucumber, hearts of palm, tarragon, tomatoes, and avocado dressing. It was fresh and delicious. I liked it better than the one we've had at California Grill mainly because the romaine was already cut up vs. a "wedge" which not meaning to be lazy is sometimes annoying because I always seem to manage to splatter dressing on myself (especially if I am wearing white, lol).

I had the Grilled Wild King Salmon with melted leeks, morel mushrooms and sweet corn nage. It was the best salmon I had ever had, seriously. The fish was cooked "medium" which I love. The leeks were sweet and tender (kinda reminded me of Flying Fishes snapper) and the sauce was creamy and sweet from the corn. Along with the mushrooms and crispy leeks on top I was in heaven! PERFECT! (I don't say that often about a dish, so really it was perfect).

DH had the Surf and Turf which was twin medallions of filet mignon, butter poached rock lobster tail, potato gratin, and choron sauce. DH particularly like the lobster - he had never had it poached in butter before. I had seen other fish cooked this way, but never lobster. Oh MAN was that good! I have to admit, I am a bit of a lobster snob being from CT. I normally turn my nose up at "rock lobster" vs maine lobster, but this was amazing. The steak was equally good, although DH ordered medium and it was more on the medium rare side.

Too full for dessert, we left happy and enjoyed the GF and the lovely orchestra before heading off to BCV.:love:

What a great review, thank you. We have Narcoosee on our list for Oct and that salmon dish is calling our name!

I have to agree with you and Narcoosee's. We ate there in June and it was fantastic. It's on our list for next year. :goodvibes

Do you think if I order a steak well done it will come burned? or will they do it just right????

Thanks

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter