Allergic reaction experiences?

I've been getting rashes and itching now for about 9 months and still haven't figures out what is causing it. I suspect it's something I'm ingesting, but I've stopped all vitamins and have tried eliminating obvious foods (wheat, fruit, nuts, etc), but with no luck.

We had a friend who was getting rashes horribly bad. He thought it was something he was eating. You may be getting impatient on eliminating foods. He ate only foods made out of chicken or rice and bought only from Whole Foods. He did that for 6 months and had no more rashes. He slowly added back an item at a time to see if he reacted. It turned out he was allergic to tomatoes. So many foods are made using them.

When I gave up gluten, my stomach issues resolved within days. However, it took 2-3 months to see any improvement with migraines. I still have them but only about 1/2 as many.

DD is allergic to ceclor. She got hives fairly quickly.

I am allergic to keflex. Fortunately, I was given steroids at the same time I was given the antibiotics. I didn't itch, but people at work kept telling me I looked sunburned. DH took me to my PCP, who walked in and said, "oh my g--. That's quite a reaction". He said the steroids were the reason I wasn't having problems breathing.

OP, first-I agree with PP who said you shouldnt have leftover antibiotics. You get the amount you need and no more. Second- for UTIs, you really not know what antibiotic to use. Yes, there are some that are prescribed just off a urie test. I always trusted that until we couldn't get rid of one after multiple rounds. It was FINALLY cultured and came back as caused by strep. The doctor herself called and apolgized saying no wonder it wasn't getting better. I was not getting the right antibiotics.

disfan07 said:
Are you sure that it's a true fruit allergy and not something called oral allergy syndrome?

I have severe oral allergy syndrome so when I eat raw fruits or veggies my face and throat itch and swell. But I can eat most fruits and veggies cooked or processed in some way because it eliminates the protein that causes the reaction.

If you have environmental allergies it is something to discuss with your allergist.

You know, I never really thought of that. I'll be making an appointment with an allergist soon. I can also eat cooked fruits without much of an issue. I don't have a problem with veggies. Thanks for bringing that up. Being allergic to fruits stinks. :P

You know, I never really thought of that. I'll be making an appointment with an allergist soon. I can also eat cooked fruits without much of an issue. I don't have a problem with veggies. Thanks for bringing that up. Being allergic to fruits stinks. :P

I agree that it stinks! The ony raw fruit I have had since July is grapes and I used to eat fruit salad all the time! Same with veggies. I have not had a single raw veggie since July. It drives me crazy especially since it limits my diet even more in addition to my dozen other allergies.

If it is oral allergy syndrome you could consider allergy shots. I started cluster allergy shots last spring but we had to stop because I had two anaphylaxis reactions. But we are going to start on the traditional allergy shot schedule again in the summer.

But if allergy shots work to reduce any environmental allergies, it should also in turn help with OAS symptoms if that is what it is.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter