All your fears put to rest...

Princess Ash

<font color=deeppink>Disney Princess<br><font colo
A conversation between my little brother, a 14-year-old boy version of me, and myself occurred today online, and it really calmed some of my fears. With 70 days left before the program begins, I know the nervousness can set in for anyone...

Without further ado (don't mind our misspellings as it was on AIM)

Brother (7:30:15 PM): sorry really random but r u ready for disney?
Me (7:30:23 PM): no
Me (7:30:26 PM): i'm terrified
Brother (7:30:51 PM): awww dont be....its gona be a great experience and this is what u always wanted =]
Me (7:31:42 PM): i know, but what if it isn't what i wanted it to be?
Brother (7:31:42 PM): take challenges strait on..dont be afraid..its disney..common whats gona happen..mickey mouse going to eat ur cheeze..common
Brother (7:31:54 PM): hhaha =]
Me (7:31:57 PM): hahahahaha
Brother (7:32:10 PM): like u said to me..put ur disney face on
Me (7:33:00 PM): but like chander, what if i get a bad job?
Me (7:33:12 PM): or i'm traumatized by something ruining the magic?
Me (7:33:16 PM): or i have a horrid roommate?
Brother (7:34:00 PM): ok ash...listen to my senari-ooos
Brother (7:34:10 PM): u wont get a bad job
Brother (7:34:13 PM): ur in disney
Brother (7:34:15 PM): heat
Brother (7:34:18 PM): palm trees
Brother (7:34:20 PM): florida
Brother (7:34:23 PM): DISNEY!!
Brother (7:34:29 PM): u will get a ride or something
Me (7:34:58 PM): i really hope i get the GMR if i don't get character performer
Brother (7:35:14 PM): ur in my prayers
Brother (7:35:18 PM): u will get it
Brother (7:35:23 PM): just show ur true self
Me (7:35:25 PM): awwww............. M
e (7:35:33 PM): u know wha'ts funny tho?
Me (7:35:38 PM): like i want character performer SOOOO badly
Me (7:35:56 PM): but i keep coming up with reasons I wouldn’t like it so if/when i don't get it, i'm not as disappointed (which are all lies to myself)
Brother (7:36:12 PM): thats...good/bad
Brother (7:36:14 PM): lol
Brother (7:36:29 PM): ok and about being traumatized
Brother (7:36:37 PM): or whatever
Brother (7:36:41 PM): listen to this
Brother (7:37:56 PM): u might run into something u hate or an encounter u might not want to remember but some many things happen in disney..u will forget it b4 u no it because u will be making someone elses day..u will be so happy and forget all about that little moment or misshap or whatever u would want to call it
Brother (7:38:12 PM): u r there because u love disney and u want to make people's days =]
Brother (7:38:15 PM): so dont worry
Brother (7:38:20 PM): cause u will do just that
Brother (7:38:22 PM): k?
Brother (7:39:18 PM): and the hole roommate problem..dont worry
Brother (7:39:32 PM): every1 is there for the same reason as u...because thwy love disney
Brother (7:39:46 PM): u will always have something in common with every1 of ur roomates
Brother (7:40:02 PM): and everyone who loves disney and who is in disney are nice =]
Brother (7:40:10 PM): so there is my take on it

Yeah, he's kinda the best...might I remind you all to be amazed that he's only 14?

With any other worries, feel free to PM me and I'll pose your question to our amazingly wise little guru (haha, sorta jk, sorta not)

Aww what a sweet little guy! but aren't brothers supposed to be mean and annoying? Haha anyway. I am not worried about the program as a whole. I'm really excited. But I'm kinda worried (not ALL are there for Disney, but to party and mess around)...I might get roommates that are complete party animals (drugs, sex, loud music) and invite minors to drink and then I'd get termed just b/c I live with them. I'm worried about the transportation issue. I cannot afford a car and I heard that the disney bus is a real pain and it might take me 3 hrs to get to work and/or back home. Do you know if we're allowed to bring bicycles? What else am I worried about...what the crap I'm gonna do after the program is over. Am I gonna be broke? Where am I gonna live? Will I be able to transfer to DL? :confused3

Aww what a sweet little guy! but aren't brothers supposed to be mean and annoying? Haha anyway. I am not worried about the program as a whole. I'm really excited. But I'm kinda worried (not ALL are there for Disney, but to party and mess around)...I might get roommates that are complete party animals (drugs, sex, loud music) and invite minors to drink and then I'd get termed just b/c I live with them. I'm worried about the transportation issue. I cannot afford a car and I heard that the disney bus is a real pain and it might take me 3 hrs to get to work and/or back home. Do you know if we're allowed to bring bicycles? What else am I worried about...what the crap I'm gonna do after the program is over. Am I gonna be broke? Where am I gonna live? Will I be able to transfer to DL? :confused3

Wow, three hours?? I'm pretty sure that people who apply to Disney will have some maturity... ;)

My favorite line..."what, is Mickey Mouse going to eat your cheese?...c'mon."
:lmao:

Zoe, my brother says:

Brother (8:40:31 PM): after program is over wait a little while to see if u can find a job in cali
Brother (8:40:42 PM): or if disney does send you to dl

(It seems he thinks the possibility is good...he's like a magic 8 ball! :rolleyes: I love him. :goodvibes)

Zoe, my brother says:

Brother (8:40:31 PM): after program is over wait a little while to see if u can find a job in cali
Brother (8:40:42 PM): or if disney does send you to dl

(It seems he thinks the possibility is good...he's like a magic 8 ball! :rolleyes: I love him. :goodvibes)

Tell your brother I said thank you!

Don't worry about stuff like that. I had a bad roommate, and housing were great, and I was moved to a diff apartment.
If you are worried about getting termed if they have minors over drinking, you call security, simple! Or you walk over to security and tell them, this happened all the time, it's very common for security to turn up to any party.
American Coach aren't that great, but I survived for a year living there without a car, and the times when the bus didn't show up, I just got into a cab with all the others who were waiting at the bus stop. People are really good about sharing cabs, we did this going home at night as well, even if we didn't know each other, we were all CM's!
You can get a bicycle but you have to park it outside the housing complex, you're not allowed to have them inside the gates for some reason.

Ash, your brother sounds so sweet! :goodvibes

I was worried about the roommate thing, but some other girls going down at the same time and I have agreed to room together. They seem pretty cool, so I'm hoping it won't be a problem. *fingers crossed*

Luckily, I'm bringing my car, and I know that I'd be willing to offer rides to people who don't have one. I'm sure that many others with cars will feel the same; after all, we'll all be a big Disney family. :goodvibes

Right now I'm not so anxious about Disney as I am what's to be done before I get there. After December, most of my worries should be dissolved. I hope.

So when I read your thread title I couldn't help but read. You're brother is really sweet btw.

I'm not in the exact same boat as you because I'm not going in the Spring. I have been contemplating on and off whether I should apply and go down for the program. I applied for Fall 2007, got in, and then at the time wasn't able to go down for medical reasons.

Here's my situation though.... I'm a senior in college, will be student teaching in the spring, and then graduating after. I was thinking of doing the college program or even applying for an internship with Dis after. But now I'm just wondering if I should look for a teaching job for the following year... I do want to afford living and what not. I'm not really sure what to do.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter