All Things Cinnamon......

Joh - would you also be so kind to share your Snickerdoodle recipe? I'd love to have a go at making these :) Thanks!

No problem - will have to type that one in though as it's a handwritten one. Will try and post it in a little while.

For those that wanted the recipe - sorry it took me so long to post, it completely slipped my mind :rolleyes:

Fat Fluffy Snickerdoodles

makes 16-20 cookies

1/2 cup butter, at room temperature

1 cup sugar

1 egg

1 teaspoon vanilla extract

1 3/4 cups all-purpose flour

1/4 teaspoon salt

1/2 teaspoon baking powder

1 1/2 teaspoons cinnamon

2 tablespoons milk

1/4 cup sugar + 1 tablespoon cinnamon for dipping

Preheat oven to 375.

Cream butter and sugar with an electric mixer until smooth. Add egg and vanilla, mixing well until combine, about 2 minutes. Stir in flour, baking powder, salt, and 1 1/2 teaspoons cinnamon. Mix until dough comes together. Add in milk. If dough is still crumbly, add milk 1 tablespoon at a time until it comes together. Refrigerate for 30 minutes.

In a bowl combine remaining sugar and cinnamon. Remove dough from fridge and roll into big 1 1/2 inch balls. Dip in cinnamon sugar mixture and place on baking sheet. Lightly press down on dough to flatten it. Bake at 375 for 10-12 minutes.

NB. If you want to freeze them, do that after you have rolled them in the cinnamon sugar - just put them on a baking tray, freeze until solid then I put them in a freezer bag and label with the date and cooking instructions. Before baking, I take them out of the freezer, allow them to defrost, then flatten them and bake as normal.

Have you ever seen The Disney Diner lady on you tube and her own web site? She has a recipe for Cinnamon Rolls from Main Street Bakery?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ksM520q4LEY

and also Tonga Toast from the Poly...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hx_dJ7pjveo

I am slightly addicted to her 'you tube' stuff although I must admit I HATE and I mean really HATE cinnamon!!!:rotfl: Love the smell of it at Christmas time but can't eat the stuff. I spend all my time while in Florida saying 'excuse me but does this have cinnamon in it'...:)

Costco sell mini cinnamon rolls called two bite cinnamon rolls they are gorgeous and not too calorific either.

They're not like any cinnamon rolls I've had before. They have a sort of pastry texture and are yummy. Think there's about 32 in a pack for around £5.00.

They will do nicely for Christmas morning elevenses!

X

I was delighted to find "Cinnabon" have an outlet in Piccadilly Circus on a recent trip to London. They are expensive but truely delicious. Well worth a trip for cinnamon lovers if you get the chance!

I managed to buy a 'Cinnamon Tear & Share Bun' at Tescos on Friday. 4 'joined up' Cinnamon rolls with the icing on. I've not seen it before - it was in the in-store bakery section - in a round plastic container - black at the bottom - clear lid - I thought it was fairly expensive £3, but then it is 4 portions. Treated DH & DD for week-end breakfasts and they said it was better than the ones we were buying in American supermarkets (didn't try any disney ones). I've found on web-site, but not sure how to post link.

http://www.tesco.com/groceries/Product/Details/?id=276132657

Did you ever taste Perkin's homestyle apple pie ?

We fell in love with this pie, and I found a recipe which is very very close to the real thing.

first of all you need to make 2 pie crusts :

makes 2 9in crusts :

Ingredients:
2 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 cup butter, chilled and diced
1/2 cup ice water

Directions:

the secret is to keep all ingredients cold. Do not use your hands to mix, or you would have the butter soften and melt, which would ruin the result. Always use a fork or an utensil.

1. Combine the flour and salt in a large bowl.
2. Cut in the butter until the mixture resembles coarse crumbs.
3. Stir in the ice water, a Tablespoon at a time, until the crust mixture forms a ball.
4. Wrap dough in plastic wrap and refrigerate for 4 hours or overnight.
5. Sprinkle flour onto rolling surface. Roll dough out, then divide in half. Roll each half to fit a 9-inch pie plate.
6. Place crust in pie plate, pressing evenly into the bottom and sides.

Now on to the pie :

Ingredients :
2 pastry pie crusts (recipe above)
3 to 4 large apples, assorted variety (Granny Smith, Cortland, etc.) (we found granny smith not to be sweet enough, we use Braeburn apples, but any sweet apple should do, it's trial and error here)
1/2 cup white granulated sugar
1/4 cup dark brown sugar
1/8 cup flour
1/8 cup fresh lemon juice
2 tablespoons butter
1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
Dash nutmeg
1 egg
1 tablespoon milk

Perkins Homestyle Apple Pie Recipe

Heat the oven to 425 degrees Fahrenheit.
Press one pie crust into a pie pan.
Peel and core the apples, then slice them into thin chunks.
In a large bowl, toss the apple pieces with the lemon juice.
In a small bowl, mix the flour, sugars and spices.
Add the sugar mixture to the apples, and toss to coat evenly.
Place the apples into the pie pan.
Cut the butter into thin pats, then distribute them evenly on top of the apples.
Cover with the remaining crust.
Seal the edges of the crust.
Beat the egg and milk together, then brush over the top of the crust.
Cut two slits into the center of the pie to form a plus sign.
Bake for 15 minutes at 425, then reduce heat to 350 and bake for an additional 40 minutes until filling is bubbly and crust starts to brown.

Bon appetit :)

dscn0479z.jpg

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter