All-Star Sports on Priceline for $36?

anyone have expereince no checking in to a room they paid for on PL? I mean, am I finished? we won't be checking in for the night so I won't be charged anymore right?

If you don't show nothing happens. I have had to do this...

Okay - are there any other Disney resorts at Priceline - like moderates for instance? Does anyone know? If so, what would you do - put in 3 star?

PamNC

When you were able to extend it, how many nights could you do? Can you book one night via Priceline, and then call to extend it to more nights if you get All-Star as your choice?

maciec said:
Keep calling Disney back up until the night prior to your travel to see if there is a vacancy at Sports. Chances are that there will be.

Good Luck pixiedust:

Since we got our Magical Express tags already and we have two rooms (At AP rate), I'm just not going to chance the upheaval.

I'll just bite the bullet on the money or hopefully "add a friend" to those two nights at Sports so somebody here can utilize that room.

PamNC said:
Okay - are there any other Disney resorts at Priceline - like moderates for instance? Does anyone know? If so, what would you do - put in 3 star?

PamNC

No one has a clue....

Also, extending at the PL rate must be done on the PL site after your winning bid. You can't call the hotel and extend and there is no gurantee on any availablity of the extension.

PamNC said:

PamNC

I am a coward.... I would wait for someone on the bidding for travel site to say that they got a Disney moderate - before putting more money into priceline.

$36 for a 2 1/2 is pretty high for priceline (okay the prices probably went up since the last time I bid on this site)

clkelley said:
Since we got our Magical Express tags already and we have two rooms (At AP rate), I'm just not going to chance the upheaval.

I'll just bite the bullet on the money or hopefully "add a friend" to those two nights at Sports so somebody here can utilize that room.
Carol, if you don't get any takers, I'd check in to both hotels, request that the ASSports room be as close to ASMusic as possible, then use Sports as a 'getaway retreat' room :)

kaytieeldr said:
Carol, if you don't get any takers, I'd check in to both hotels, request that the ASSports room be as close to ASMusic as possible, then use Sports as a 'getaway retreat' room :)

Good idea!! :-)

As far as ME is concerned, you are a guest at the resort just like any other. I have used Priceline many times and while it's buyer beware on what you'll get, the only difference between you and the other guests is how you pay the bill. I have received all the amenities of other guests when I used PL. Surely Disney won't treat you like a second class citizen because you got the room for a better price.

Congratulations to everyone getting the deal! :woohoo:

CarolA said:
AP holders and FL residents have rate releases for May.. Its after May that there are no releases...

Which Holiday Inn is it? I could really use a cheap room for my daughter's family to sleep in the night before we check into DVC in August. They will be checking out of a resort in Miami the day before.
My other option is having them room with us one night and pay the additional per adult fee. Does anyone know what that is for a moderate? :crazy:

I have received all the amenities of other guests when I used PL.
There are some things that one doesn't get. For example, almost no one offers frequent guest credit for PL (or any other opaque) reservation. Likewise, a few (including Westin and I *think* Hilton) do not usually extend frequent guest perks to PL guests, even if they have qualified as frequent guests through traditional bookings.

LakeAriel said:
What are the fees?

On the $36.00 All-Star rooms, taxes and fees brought the price up to $47.73 per night.

Priceline's explanation of taxes and fees::

Charges for Taxes and Service Fees

The price you name is per night and does not include priceline's charge to you for "Taxes and Service Fees." We will calculate this additional charge and provide you a summary of your "Total Charges" on your contract page before you submit a request.

In connection with facilitating your hotel transaction, we will charge your debit or credit card for Taxes and for Service Fees. This charge includes an estimated amount to recover the amount we pay to the hotel in connection with your reservation for taxes owed by the hotel including, without limitation, sales and use tax, occupancy tax, room tax, excise tax, value added tax, and/or other similar taxes. The amount paid to the hotel in connection with your reservation for taxes may vary from the amount we estimate and include in the charge to you. This charge also includes an amount to cover service costs we incur in connection with handling your reservation. The charge for Taxes and Service Fees varies based on a number of factors including, without limitation, the amount we pay the hotel and the location of the hotel where you will be staying, and may include a profit that we will retain.

We are not the vendor collecting and remitting taxes to the applicable taxing authorities. Our hotel suppliers, as vendors, bill all applicable taxes to us and we pay over such amounts directly to the vendors. We are not a co-vendor associated with the vendor with whom we book or reserve our customer's travel arrangements. Taxability and the appropriate tax rate and the type of applicable taxes vary greatly by location.

Depending on the city and the property you stay in, you may also be charged resort fees or other incidental fees, such as parking charges. These charges, if applicable, will be payable by you to the hotel directly at checkout. When you check in, a credit card or, in the hotel's discretion, a debit card, will be required to secure these charges and any incidental fees (phone calls, room service, movie rentals, etc.) that you may incur during your stay.

LakeAriel said:
Which Holiday Inn is it? I could really use a cheap room for my daughter's family to sleep in the night before we check into DVC in August. They will be checking out of a resort in Miami the day before.
My other option is having them room with us one night and pay the additional per adult fee. Does anyone know what that is for a moderate? :crazy:

It is an extra $15 a night at a mod.

Brian Noble said:
There are some things that one doesn't get. For example, almost no one offers frequent guest credit for PL (or any other opaque) reservation. Likewise, a few (including Westin and I *think* Hilton) do not usually extend frequent guest perks to PL guests, even if they have qualified as frequent guests through traditional bookings.

We did get our Marriott points last year for our stay in DC. I've read others say they got theirs also.

Sometimes you'll get credit for them. I've even gotten a desk clerk to comp me up to Westin's equivalent of concierge once or twice on my gold-tier membership. Officially, neither is supposed to happen.

profdsny said:
We did get our Marriott points last year for our stay in DC. I've read others say they got theirs also.

I have gotten Marriott points for other charges. I am not sure how you get points for the stay itself since Marriott rewards based on $$$$..

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter