All Star Movies Renovations

Ugh, this is stressing me out lol.

We booked Movies thinking the renovations would be done by June. We are only staying here for (hopefully) the Mighty Ducks area for my hockey playing boys!

Not sure how double beds would work for us. I’m assuming there is not enough room for a toddler air mattress bed in the room?
I think there actually is enough room, even in the new rooms. I’ve read reports of people squeezing a twin mattress in the new rooms. I would think it would be easier in the old rooms since the beds are smaller but I don’t know this for sure

Ugh, this is stressing me out lol.

We booked Movies thinking the renovations would be done by June. We are only staying here for (hopefully) the Mighty Ducks area for my hockey playing boys!

Not sure how double beds would work for us. I’m assuming there is not enough room for a toddler air mattress bed in the room?
The new beds are queens not doubles. Edit: just realized your talking about the rooms that haven’t been refurbished yet.

I always tend to overpack, especially this time of year. I like to hang my clothes so they aren’t so wrinkled. I don’t like the small clothes bar at all. I always bring hangers from home because they’re are never enough (maybe I overpack:hyper:). I now bring the pop tops from cans of soda/beer. You can slip the top over the hanger and cascade your clothes down.

So am I reading the OP and this thread right that the only standard rooms renovated are Love Bug bldg 6 and 7? Any others?

We're trying for a last minute trip in early March and double beds won't work too well for us (based on past trips)

So am I reading the OP and this thread right that the only standard rooms renovated are Love Bug bldg 6 and 7? Any others?

We're trying for a last minute trip in early March and double beds won't work too well for us (based on past trips)
Yep the only standard rooms finished are in the love bug section. The mighty ducks will most likely be last and haven’t been touched yet.

Since they have only done 1 Fantasia bldg there is the other Fantasia bldg, both dalmation bldg to be done before mighty ducks. Seriously doubt they will be done with mighty ducks by March since no one knows when the refurbishment will start up again.

I have a question for those who have stayed in the renovated rooms. Is the pull-down bed comfortable for adults and is it queen sized like the regular bed? My girls are older and I wonder if both of them will be ok in that bed.

I have a question for those who have stayed in the renovated rooms. Is the pull-down bed comfortable for adults and is it queen sized like the regular bed? My girls are older and I wonder if both of them will be ok in that bed.

The Murphy Bed mattress and platform are exactly the same as the other bed, other than the fact that it folds up. They are both queens.

Does anyone know if Room 8775 has been refurbished?

All of building 8 has been completed. I don't think there is a room 8775. The first floor of Fantasia building 8 has rooms 8701-8764, the 2nd floor has rooms 8801-8864 and 3rd floor has rooms 8901-8964.

When I stayed at movies this past December when I booked the room I almost immediately got an email about construction (which obviously turned out to be paused anyway). At the beginning of the month I booked a short stay for June and I haven’t received any construction warnings yet. I’m very curious to see when they resume. I loved the theme of movies and the new rooms were great so I hope they start renovations again soon!

We're checking in on 2/3. Booked preferred and req. Toy Story (online req). Should I call and also have it added to my reservation? We'll be getting there at midnight.

Also- does anyone want me to take pics of anything at the resort?

We're checking in on 2/3. Booked preferred and req. Toy Story (online req). Should I call and also have it added to my reservation? We'll be getting there at midnight.

Also- does anyone want me to take pics of anything at the resort?
Yes definitely call and ask them to put it on there. If you could take pictures that would be great! I’m not sure if there is much to see though with construction being paused

Only the renovated rooms have the coffee. Once all of the rooms are renovated then every room will have a coffee maker
Thanks.

We have a preferred room book but REALLY want a renovated room. Should I just put that request in even though we might be moved to a standard room? A renovated room is more important to us.

Yep the only standard rooms finished are in the love bug section. The mighty ducks will most likely be last and haven’t been touched yet.
Thank you!!

I'll ask for Bldg 6 or 7 in our fax request, asking for renovated room... 2 queen is much needed :D

Thanks.

We have a preferred room book but REALLY want a renovated room. Should I just put that request in even though we might be moved to a standard room? A renovated room is more important to us.
Yep just call and ask them to put renovated room on your reservation

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter