All Star Movies Renovations

Ugh, this is stressing me out lol.

We booked Movies thinking the renovations would be done by June. We are only staying here for (hopefully) the Mighty Ducks area for my hockey playing boys!

Not sure how double beds would work for us. I’m assuming there is not enough room for a toddler air mattress bed in the room?

So we stayed in Mighty Ducks in November. I would say there is room for the toddler air mattress between the TV stand and the little wall that has the curtain on it or you may have to turn it and step over it to get in the bathroom. It's a small room. This would leave room for 1 large suitcase and an umbrella stroller. I say this because this is what we had with us for our family of 4. It was tight. The kids liked it. I was very disappointed. Drab room.. dirty corners. Beds were comfortable, but the outlets were so shot that only 1 would hold our phone charger in it, the rest fell out from the weight of the ac adapter. We are going to try movies again for our June trip, but this time booked preferred.

I just did online check in for our trip starting tomorrow; requested Love Bug area so hoping we get it *fingers crosses*. I'm bummed they halted the renovation :(.

I just did online check in for our trip starting tomorrow; requested Love Bug area so hoping we get it *fingers crosses*. I'm bummed they halted the renovation :(.

I check in tomorrow too! Only two more hours of work!!!!!!

I requested Toy Story as I booked preferred. But I stayed in Love Bug last fall and loved it.

I check in tomorrow too! Only two more hours of work!!!!!!

I requested Toy Story as I booked preferred. But I stayed in Love Bug last fall and loved it.

Yay!!! Five hours left for me; we're booked in standard, so I am trying for Love Bug. I stayed in Mighty Ducks last time with my mom, going with the bf this time and it's his first time staying on property.

Yay!!! Five hours left for me; we're booked in standard, so I am trying for Love Bug. I stayed in Mighty Ducks last time with my mom, going with the bf this time and it's his first time staying on property.
Here’s to hoping you get a new room!

We just got back today from a week at All Star Movies! We were traveling with a group of 14 and had 4 rooms. We booked preferred and really wanted a renovated room so we requested Toy Story and we all got it, all 4 rooms were right in a row! We loved the renovated rooms! We were in the back wing off building 10 and it was so quiet! I was really nervous about staying at a value and hearing that they're so noisy and the walls are so thin but we honestly heard nothing through the walls other than an occasional toilet flush (when in the bathroom area). We did have my family on either side of us and they are not noisy, but my DS5 can be really loud sometimes and we're always shushing him while in the room but we asked my parents and sister if they could hear him through the wall and they couldn't! There were some 15s staying at the resort but I believe they were in the Mighty Ducks section so I never actually saw them at the resort. We were able to walk from our room around the front of the hotel to the bus so we pretty much avoided any of the resort craziness! Definitely loved that location. There was no construction going on in the resort at all and my dad was talking to the bartender and he said he thought it would start up again in March.

I know that I am in the minority, but I prefer the carpet to the vinyl flooring. My tired feet want something warm and cushy at the end of the day, not a hard, cold, dirty floor. When I stayed at the refurbished rooms at Pop Century I had to use a towel to wipe the floor down every day. Even after mouse keeping came the floor was still filthy.

We stayed in Pop Century last May and we had the same problem. My feet were black the first time I walked on the floor the first night. They are not washing those floors regularly between stays or during your stay! Disgusting!

Flying now and just got room alert. Bldg 5 Fantasia. Bldg 5 isn’t renovated, right :(
No it’s not but when you get there ask if there’s any way they could move you to toy story or the other Fantasia building. There’s no hurt in asking

We stayed in Pop Century last May and we had the same problem. My feet were black the first time I walked on the floor the first night. They are not washing those floors regularly between stays or during your stay! Disgusting!
We had that problem at pop too. We just stayed at yc with their new floors and we could tell they were wet mopped.

I just booked my annual last night at All Star Movies! It's for mid September and I'm really hoping for a renovated room as we will have a little more time there than usual this trip. Any idea if they will be done by then?

I just booked my annual last night at All Star Movies! It's for mid September and I'm really hoping for a renovated room as we will have a little more time there than usual this trip. Any idea if they will be done by then?
Right now we have no idea. There hasn’t been any news on when they will start back up again

need an opinion- should I call or go to the front desk to see if there are any renovated rooms? (Currently stuck in the plane waiting for a gate)

need an opinion- should I call or go to the front desk to see if there are any renovated rooms? (Currently stuck in the plane waiting for a gate)
You could call and ask if they have any open rooms in those sections.

I think I’m gonna go to the desk. I’ll let you know how it goes

On our last trip one of our requests wasn't met - I realized it when we got our room texts- so I called the resort and they happily changed our room~ calling sometimes means you get it changed earlier~ meaning there could be more options right now since people may arrive between now and the time you get there~ leaving them with less options to help you out.

They were very nice at the front desk. They had to move us from preferred to a standard room in love bug 6 to get 2 queen beds. My DH is 6’4”, so he’s definitely happy about the room change! Also gave us a credit of $68 too, so I consider that a win :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter