All Star Movies Renovations

I booked a preferred room for next July. Is there a specific building from the preferred buildings that is better or worst?
In July, you may want to consider proximity to the pool. If you plan to spend lots of time at the pool, being near it might be a plus. We had a preferred room near the pool in January and found the noise a bit of a nuisance since we went to bed before the pool closes.

I booked a standard room 2 nights end of September and I'm hoping for a renovated room. Can anyone tell me if any of the standard room buildings are completed yet?

Do they offer rollaway beds at this resort? I can’t tell if one would fit but the pics I’ve seen of the rooms.

Just booked September 29th- Oct 4th. I’ll request love bug as we did standard. How is Disney Transportation at ASMO? We'll be driving down so I’m torn between using our car or relying on their buses

Just a fantastic stay at ASM last week! We booked a standard room and requested Love Bug 3rd Floor through the options on our booking page and got exactly that... Renovated room! We did an early check in, so when we landed in Orlando I had a text confirming our room # and was able to unlock the door from my phone. On our way to Disney Springs I called the front desk and opted out of housekeeping, got the gift card within an hour to use for dinner at Dluxe burger that night! Room was great, love the renovations and feel you get an even better bang for your buck. Hooray for the coffee maker and Joffrey’s Mickey’s 90th Anniversary pods that are stocked! I am an early riser and need my java before the food court opens. I now officially love ASM more than Pop.

Last edited:
Just booked September 29th- Oct 4th. I’ll request love bug as we did standard. How is Disney Transportation at ASMO? We'll be driving down so I’m torn between using our car or relying on their buses
I've always taken Disney Transportation and have never driven. Disney Transportation can get on the nerves some times due to crowds or occasional long waits, but not near as much as dealing with parking lots at WDW. The best way, however, is to try some of each and see which suits you the best.

We have stayed at POFQ, POR, and ASMo. The transportation at Disney seems to be hit or miss, but I can promise that the two times we've stayed at ASMo, we had wonderful experiences with transportation. We ride the buses only~ never get in our cars once we check in~ and while I"ve never had horrible transportation experiences, I had above average ones at ASMo for both of my previous stays. Buses were running very quickly in the mornings and evenings. Now~ ASMo I think may be the furthest away when walking to the stops from the park at night~ maybe it was MK that is the furthest away~ but they ran very quickly. We have been very impressed with the transportation at ASMo. We never once waited more than a few minutes on a bus.

Just a fantastic stay at ASM last week! We booked a standard room and requested Love Bug 3rd Floor through the options on our booking page and got exactly that... Renovated room! We did an early check in, so when we landed in Orlando I had a text confirming our room # and was able to unlock the door from my phone. On our way to Disney Springs I called the front desk and opted out of housekeeping, got the gift card within an hour to use for dinner at Dluxe burger that night! Room was great, love the renovations and feel you get an even better bang for your buck. Hooray for the coffee maker and Joffrey’s Mickey’s 90th Anniversary pods that are stocked! I am an early riser and need my java before the food court opens. I now officially love ASM more than Pop.

Where did you request lovebug? When did you get the room assigned? Were arriving Sunday, I called several weeks ago and requested love bug and it's notated on my reservation but I'm nervous to do online check in and wind up in an un renovated room. You just called to opt out of mouse keeping? I plan to opt out as well but thought I needed to go to the front desk. We want to go straight to the parks (driving in because we're semi local.)

We have stayed at POFQ, POR, and ASMo. The transportation at Disney seems to be hit or miss, but I can promise that the two times we've stayed at ASMo, we had wonderful experiences with transportation. We ride the buses only~ never get in our cars once we check in~ and while I"ve never had horrible transportation experiences, I had above average ones at ASMo for both of my previous stays. Buses were running very quickly in the mornings and evenings. Now~ ASMo I think may be the furthest away when walking to the stops from the park at night~ maybe it was MK that is the furthest away~ but they ran very quickly. We have been very impressed with the transportation at ASMo. We never once waited more than a few minutes on a bus.

The ASMo stop is the farthest walk away from the parks? Well, darn!- We usually stay at POP now, and it always seems the farthest away. We have a reservation at ASMo for the spring and I figured the stops for it would have to be closer than the POP ones!

The ASMo stop is the farthest walk away from the parks? Well, darn!- We usually stay at POP now, and it always seems the farthest away. We have a reservation at ASMo for the spring and I figured the stops for it would have to be closer than the POP ones!

I could be wrong- but they sure seemed to be!!!

I could be wrong- but they sure seemed to be!!!
Lol- you know they probably are both far away- they may each be the last stop in different aisles!

Anyway- we love the renovated rooms at Pop- we got to stay in one almost as soon as they opened. So we are really hoping to get a renovated room at ASMo.

Last edited:
Lol- you know they probably are both far away- they may each be the last stop in different aisles!

Anyway- we love the renovated rooms at Pop- we got to stay in one almost as soon as they opened. So we are really hoping to get a renovated room at ASMo.

I hope you do too! The regular rooms were good our first trip, and the renovated rooms were fantastic our last trip!
Either way- we love ASMo- I hope you do too

I can't believe we're nearly a month into the new year and there are still no reports of renovations resuming! So weird!

I can't believe we're nearly a month into the new year and there are still no reports of renovations resuming! So weird!
Yeah I’m starting to really wonder when they’ll pick things back up. I feel like I’m doing nothing on this thread

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter