All New Atlantic Canada Thread....

New Brunswick, here. My daughter, granddaughter and I are heading down in February 2016 to celebrate the wee one's 5th birthday.

I keep hoping the loonie will go up before I have to pay the balance for the resort package. Unfortunately, I did not get a good deal on my flight with Air Canada. Oh well, here for a good time, not a long time, they say. ;)

Everything princesses! :)

Been doing plenty of reading up & visiting of the boards but not much posting
Our original hope for a couple of nights onsite turned in to a booking for 5nights at AoA then AS Sports with QSDP before finally settling on CBR with DDP
Very much looking forward to the CBR - lot of positive review since the refresh

The cost of upgrade covered the couple of ADR's we'd already booked and we booked a few more on the new plan
At moment we have CP, H&V, Chef Mickeys, Akershus & T-rex pencilled in and hoping to do 6 days at WDW

Still just over a 100 days out at the moment and trying to juggle Disney excitement with Halloween, Xmas and the 400 other things we got going on at the moment
Next on the to-do list is Car Hire before we start worrying about FP+
Probably leave Universal tickets until January unless plans change before then

great to see people planning. Wife and I are arriving at SS Wednesday about midnight for 6 nites and then SS combined with CS in February for 12 nites. Looking forward to MNSHP on Halloween night. Pretty neat thing to do. Annual pass runs out in November and they have gotten very expensive to renew unfortunately. it appears only going to be there once in 2016 so annual pass not great investment. Nice to see people writing and good luck planning

I am thinking of our BWV trip as a park free trip. I am really struggling with paying $2k CDN for 9 days of "Three and Flee". We head to the parks, do our fast pass rides, then it gets busy and we head back to the resort. Im not sure that 200 plus per day is worth the three rides.

I am thinking of our BWV trip as a park free trip. I am really struggling with paying $2k CDN for 9 days of "Three and Flee". We head to the parks, do our fast pass rides, then it gets busy and we head back to the resort. Im not sure that 200 plus per day is worth the three rides.

I've been thinking about doing a short resort only trip as well. Maybe DTD/Disney Springs and resorts, maybe just relax at the resort and not leave it at all. Who knows. At this point, no trips are on the horizon, which means 2016 might be the first year since 2011 that I don't do Disney. (But that year I did Spain and Regina/Edmonton, so I still traveled...)

Once again, heading down for a week of work the first week of November (Nov 2-7 incl travel days). I will miss the Magic Kingdom Christmas party by one day (start Nov 7) and although Osborne Lights begins Nov 6 the park closes at 830. Since I'm working, the earliest I can get to the park would ever be 6pm. I'm not sure its worth a full day pass just for a few hours. I usually do the resort dining options, even some character dining and tour Downtown Disney/Springs. Last year I rented the Surrey Bikes along the Boardwalk, that was a blast. Any suggestions for evenings or encouragements to hit the parks even though most close early (i.e. 10pm or earlier)?

Going back a bit here for this post, and seeing as it IS the 2nd I might be a bit late, but check out DHS for the Osborne lights! They opened it early, first one was last night!

Just an update, thanks for the heads up, I made it to the lights on Friday night, it was amazing to see. A nice way to end a super busy work week in sunny Florida...

Off to Anaheim next month, anxious to see the holiday festivities there. Now, if only I can actually get my shopping done early this year....

returned from a 5 night stay at SS on Nov 3. all was good at SS. visited 4 parks plus d springs. did Halloween at MK for MNSSHP. It really is a great event. Hallowishes was fantastic. rides are not so busy during the party. HM was maybe 10 min for us. PP was about 15 min and 7DMT was almost a walk on. an ice cream sundae at plaza ice cream parlour at closing is always a great way to end the day. we did see Osborne lights and it was very nice. best thing about coming home was going to get the mail and the reservation package was there for the next trip in Feb. some nice to see.

We just returned on Friday from a AKV/POR/BWV trip for the Wine and Dine RunDisney events. It was HOT. Crowds were a bit heavier than we had anticipated, but we were able to do pretty much everything we wanted. I don't think we would do a 3 resort trip again. We did EMH MK one morning and got into the park by 8:10 and the line for the 7DMT was insane. The queue was full and they were lined up down the wall almost to Dumbo. We somewhat giggled and carried on. :)

We just got back a week ago after staying 7 nights and eight days. My adult daughter and I split the cost of some DVC points we picked up on a couple of cruises. Unfortunately, we financed ( in USD) but it does make accompdation cheaper than paying OOP. I hope the dollar goes up sooner rather than later but it is what it is. We chose AKV as it has plenty to do if someone does not want to visit parks. Numbers seemed down at the parks. Wait times after our fast passes ran out were relatively short. I really do think Canadians are staying home this year.

Wow, such a large group of Atlantic Canadians! I am just outside Halifax. I have been to Disney 7 times, my husband has been 4 times and we have done two Disney cruises on the Dream! We have a trip planned for May, this will be our first as DVC members!

nice to see Maritimers headed to WDW. Hope the weather cooperates. NSKnight mentions their first trip as DVC member. That is very exciting. I remember our first 6 years ago. I hope you enjoy and have an exciting time. Disney_Mama is going to OKW. We love OKW so enjoy your time there. we saw a N.B. vehicle at our building while at OKW in Oct. Left a business card and they called us one day. Pretty neat. We go to OKW on Feb 15. 44 days away but who is counting. Happy new year to everyone and enjoy your Disney trips in 2016 and beyond

Thought I would post since the Atlantic thread was getting buried. I have postponed my March Break trip but going back the middle of next December. I was sad to let my direct WJ flights from Charlottetown go as I got them at a fantastic price the first day or two they were released. Unfortunately, there are no direct flights in mid November and so far, flight prices are very high. Fingers crossed that I can rebook something reasonable down the road. We have to travel then as I had upgraded to seasons passes for the daughter who is going with me and myself and they will expire at the end of November. Excited to see that the CAD has rebounded somewhat.

Thought I would post since the Atlantic thread was getting buried. I have postponed my March Break trip but going back the middle of next December. I was sad to let my direct WJ flights from Charlottetown go as I got them at a fantastic price the first day or two they were released. Unfortunately, there are no direct flights in mid November and so far, flight prices are very high. Fingers crossed that I can rebook something reasonable down the road. We have to travel then as I had upgraded to seasons passes for the daughter who is going with me and myself and they will expire at the end of November. Excited to see that the CAD has rebounded somewhat.

Yes, it's nice that the $$ is doing a little better. Let's hope it keeps up. Too bad about letting the direct flights go. Hopefully something will come up for her. I am heading to DL Paris this summer, so I'm watching the dollar that way. :)

Wife and I returned from 12 nights at wdw a week ago Saturday. Weather was pretty good for the most part with evenings being a little on the cool side. stayed at okw, ssr, and coronado springs. Had a pretty good time. not much park time. visited a couple of different resorts for meals. akl for the buffet at Boma. It was really good. went to Yacht club to Yachtsmen steakhouse and it was very good also. did lots of things and likely the most noteworthy was the DVC 25 Bash at Mk. It was a real nice event and the special fireworks were extremely good. I am sure you can find them on youtube. Anyway I hope everyone going down has great weather and a fabulous time.

I just booked for mid Dec. Now on the hunt for some good flights out of Moncton. Anyone have any suggestions?

I just booked for mid Dec. Now on the hunt for some good flights out of Moncton. Anyone have any suggestions?

I haven't had much luck finding decent flights out of Moncton at that time of year, at least thru WestJet, which I have the WJ credit card. I know for WJ the the issue is mostly on the way home, the flights just don't connect well.

Air Canada is you best option. Decent connections etc.

Halifax and Charlottetown are the only two maritime airports that offer direct flights before Christmas. Halifax's are on Sundays, and Charlottetown are on Fridays, both are through WestJet.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter