All New Atlantic Canada Thread....

Tina, Westjet has direct flights year round from Halifax. It's not idea for you but they are Sundays, departing for Orlando at about 1pm.

Yeah, we've been thinking about it for the trip this summer with my sister and her family. It's always easier out of Charlottetown, but it's not a huge deal out of Halifax for me. :)

This is the first year WJ has offered direct out of Charlottetown, but it's only from December to May.

I didn't realise this thread for Atl Cdns was here. We're from NB and heading to WDW for the first time in just under a week. Yikes, I can't believe it's so soon! Definitely looking forward to the summery weather!!

Tina, Westjet has direct flights year round from Halifax. It's not idea for you but they are Sundays, departing for Orlando at about 1pm.

I'm not sure if it's a seasonal flight or not, but we are flying Westjet direct out of Halifax. Leaving next Tuesday, early flight returning the following Thursday, late flight. Will add up to almost an extra day in the parks. If you're looking for something a bit longer than a week.

I didn't realise this thread for Atl Cdns was here. We're from NB and heading to WDW for the first time in just under a week. Yikes, I can't believe it's so soon! Definitely looking forward to the summery weather!!

*Waves* Fellow NBer. :) Though unfortunately we still have 15 months to go.

First time for me and my husband. We'll be driving down with my parents from NB (planning to drive about 8 hours a day for 3 days). My parents have been once, back in the 70's so lots has changed. We're really looking forward to it!

You won't be able to make it in 24. It's a good 26 hours from the ME/NB border, then add onto that however far you are from the ME border.

Last edited:

Hitting full planning speed atm :)
Flights, Accommodation, Car hire & Disney tickets all sorted for a Dec/Jan trip

So hyper that we are going back - Last trip felt like a once in decade type trip rather than an every 2 years trip
Kids involved in the planning process this time rather than keeping it a big surprise which has its pro's & con's thus far

On the look out for good deals to squeeze in some Universal, Legoland, NHL & CMA like last time and would BG & SW be pushing it?
I have a problem too

Just back from our trip and boy was it nice to have the warm weather! Temps ranged from 25-29. I think I miss the weather as much as being in the Disney bubble. Especially since a nor'easter is due to hit us later today. *sigh*

I'm not sure if it's a seasonal flight or not, but we are flying Westjet direct out of Halifax. Leaving next Tuesday, early flight returning the following Thursday, late flight. Will add up to almost an extra day in the parks. If you're looking for something a bit longer than a week.
We flew Thursday Jan 26 direct and returned the following Sunday again direct. Worked well for us.

Hello folks. Big toe from the rock here. We have 4 kids and are making our 5th trip to Florida this August. Never been this late in the year but kids are too old to go in May now, and play sports all summer. So it's late August or nothing. My kids have always preferred Universal and Busch Gardens over Disney, so we will spend a week in Orlando, and almost 2 weeks in Indian Rocks Beach with trips to Busch thrown in.

We normally stay at Windsor hills with our big family, but really looking into onsite hotels for Universal, and partner hotel stays close to Busch gardens. These will included express pass and quick queues for all parks. Ain't cheap, but it's once a year, for 3 weeks.

I use Avion points to book our flights. I should have enough points for 6 tickets come August, as I have another house or two to renovate.

Reserved a minivan through Costco for 750 $US for 3 weeks, which I stillfind expensive, but it appears a lot of rentals are expensive in August. Perhaps the days of the deals are gone.

Hoping to get some tips for cheap resort rentals, flights, park tickets etc. Whilst sifting through dis boards. Can share some stories about deals I was able to find in the past, but each trip is a new adventure in piecing the best deal together it seems. Kids (8,11,13 &15) haven't been in 2 years, and this will be the first time they can really appreciate their time away in Florida.... Can't wait.....

Hi Nubiwan. Sounds like our dream vacation. Where do u stay at Indian Rocks?
Have stayed at Sunset Paradise inn IRB for 4 of our 5 trips. The same condo on the 3rd floor. It has its own pool and there are just 10-12 units in the complex, so pool is not too busy. Wife and I prefer smaller complexes to large hotel type affairs. From IRB, you can drive 10 minutes either way to Clearwater or Johns Pass/Madeira Beach. We prefer the pass, as it is quieter than Clearwater (which is rather a town) and nice restaurants there. Plus a pirate cruise we have done a few times. There is also the trollye running the full length of the shore. Pretty cheap ad regular. We even hired a baby sitter one year, and spent a night out having a few pints at various places near the Condo. Lots to choose from.

I am considering a North Tampa hotel/Busch Gardens/Seaworld ticket Combo this time around. My kids like the theme parks. My only concern is 6 of us squeezing into a hotel room. Busch & Seaworld do offer a condo option at SandCastle in IRB, but limited availability. It is still pretty much in the air for us. I am a bit of a deal hunter/maker, so like to spend as little as possible, but not be cheap, if you know what I mean.

Also not sure how busy parks are in Late August and if Express passes are all that necessary, Beginning to think they are not. Lots to consider......

We drive it from Halifax in 30 hours. Have done it 3 times now. 10 hour days, with breaks. :) I highly recommend the Chesapeake bay bridge route at least once.

Just curious ... where do you stay when you do this? Ie where along the route ... Portland? Others?

Hey All. Anyone know if AC plans to bring back the direct YHZ to MCO in time for Christmas 2017 travel?
Thanks.

We drive it from Halifax in 30 hours. Have done it 3 times now. 10 hour days, with breaks. :) I highly recommend the Chesapeake bay bridge route at least once.
Awesome, I'll check it out! Any other places you recommend stoping/seeing?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!