Pretty sure the After Hour PP is referring to is the Disney After Hours event. I don't know the exact dates it currently ends but it's soon. If it's still going in March and is offered the date she is looking to go it could be a very viable choice as you do get a lot of bang for your buck. Though much depends on the age of the kids and how well then can do late night. At 4 and 7 it is iffy for most kids. DGD could but she's not avg when it comes to her sleep schedule
I didn't even realize they were still doing the After Hours event!

Yikes. I delayed buying the 7 day pass from UT to upgrade to an AP, and was upset tonight when I went to go get it tonight and it was gone, but now after reading the last few pages...

So is it still worth it to buy the UT ticket with the biggest savings (currently the 6 day PH with a $66 savings) and upgrade to a platinum AP later? My FP window is opening soon and I need to get the ticket situation sorted. From what I just read, it looks like the 7 day UT tickets that were showing a 117 savings are coming up with a 411 value at the gate (I think they were 419). The new tickets UT has now shouldn't have that issue right?

Yikes. I delayed buying the 7 day pass from UT to upgrade to an AP, and was upset tonight when I went to go get it tonight and it was gone, but now after reading the last few pages...

So is it still worth it to buy the UT ticket with the biggest savings (currently the 6 day PH with a $66 savings) and upgrade to a platinum AP later? My FP window is opening soon and I need to get the ticket situation sorted. From what I just read, it looks like the 7 day UT tickets that were showing a 117 savings are coming up with a 411 value at the gate (I think they were 419). The new tickets UT has now shouldn't have that issue right?
When bridged correctly, the pre-2/11 tickets are worth $467. Approximately a $48 save vs. the cost of $419. The $66 save currently may actually be $46, since I found on the $117 save, $20 was if you bought at the gate instead of online (which I wouldn't buy at the gate, since you can't make FP reservations in advance). Reminder, new tickets will have an expiration date of end-2018. (Not sure when you are planning to upgrade.)

When bridged correctly, the pre-2/11 tickets are worth $467. Approximately a $48 save vs. the cost of $419. The $66 save currently may actually be $46, since I found on the $117 save, $20 was if you bought at the gate instead of online (which I wouldn't buy at the gate, since you can't make FP reservations in advance). Reminder, new tickets will have an expiration date of end-2018. (Not sure when you are planning to upgrade.)
We are going in May, so our FP window is opening soon (staying on site). That is actually very reassuring, so I'm only missing out on 2 bucks difference - that I can do! Thank you!

ETA: I will be paying the rest with a Disney Vacation account that has discounted Disney gift cards loaded on, so I will earn some money back that way as well. I can pay at the gate with a DVA, correct? I paid for our Disneyland annual passes with it, so it should be ok, I think? I know WDW and DL are different on things.

@KalamityJane, no you cannot pay at the gate with your DVA. Only online or via phone and you have to upgrade in person, so no DVA. You need to calculate how much savings your gift card strategy has given you and compare it to the discount ticket price from the reseller to see which has more savings. FWIW, for the past few years I've been able to save far more from buying direct from Disney via the DVA with my gift/credit card strategy than if I was to use the resellers.

@KalamityJane, no you cannot pay at the gate with your DVA. Only online or via phone and you have to upgrade in person, so no DVA. You need to calculate how much savings your gift card strategy has given you and compare it to the discount ticket price from the reseller to see which has more savings.
Correct, DVA is for in advance purchases. I have not seen confirmation of anyone using their DVA while onsite. Now if someone could figure out how to make a GC with my DVA account number that would be cool. :)

Correct, DVA is for in advance purchases. I have not seen confirmation of anyone using their DVA while onsite. Now if someone could figure out how to make a GC with my DVA account number that would be cool. :)

Trust me, I've tried multiple times to no avail with frontline CM's and coordinators. Without getting too complicated, although the DVA is technically a gift card, it is processed differently online/over the phone than it is in person with a CM; they need the actual gift card in person. You'll note that Disney does not have eGift cards.

Interesting, thanks Michael. I've noticed that these can't be deposited into the DVA and can't be balance transferred and am curious how they process them at the parks since entering the numbers manually has not worked in the past (which is one of the reasons DVA won't work). I'm guessing that unless the systems have been updated, that the barcode has to be scanned by the CM from your mobile device. If the systems have been updated and the eGift card numbers can be manually entered, then it's likely DVA will also now work.

Can you add the park hopper option for just one day of your stay? We have 5 day base tickets and would only like to park hop one of those days...

Trying to decide on buying an annual pass for 2018 for husband and myself. If we don't buy the AP, I know we will be purchasing a 1-day or 2-day pass for use in January and likely staying offsite. We will be buying an 8-day pass for a family trip in May and staying onsite.

The price difference for tickets for the January (2-day) + May trips without AP vs. cost of AP is $90 more expensive to get AP.

If we add in the cost of parking for the January trip, we are now at the AP being just $50 more per person.

I know we will not be making any other Disney trips during the year we would have the pass. I'm not one to waste money and in the big picture, $50 is not a lot compared to the cost of a Disney trip. But am I missing out on any other reasons to go ahead and pay more for the AP? We will already have parking included for the May trip since staying onsite. Would having an AP give us an opportunity to get a resort discount for the May trip that the general public would not receive? I'm trying NOT to buy the AP lol but I don't want to miss out on a reason to buy it that I'm overlooking. Can AP holders still purchase the express park-to-park transportation if that is still in operation? Thanks for advice.

we are now at the AP being just $50 more per person.
But am I missing out on any other reasons to go ahead and pay more for the AP?
1. Would having an AP give us an opportunity to get a resort discount for the May trip that the general public would not receive?
2. Can AP holders still purchase the express park-to-park transportation if that is still in operation? Thanks for advice.
1. The possibility of a discount. No guarantees for your trip timeframe.
2. Yes.

It would certainly be a savings of greater than $50 (much greater, depending on your activities.)
An AP includes MemoryMaker photos.
There are also a lot of meal discounts and certain "hard ticket" discounts.
And sometimes other savings and promotions (like previews of new attractions.)

An AP includes MemoryMaker photos.

So if I am reading the website correctly, the Memory Maker costs about $150 for non-AP holders. We want one for the May trip so in that case, an AP would actually save us money.

I bought tickets off of UT in December for our upcoming September trip. I bought 7 day park hoppers. If I add the park hopper plus option at the park, will it be the new flat rate of $15 each or will it be priced retroactively?

I am trying to link a ticket in MDE. I entered the alpha/numeric code and instead of a discription of the ticket type, it just showed a picture of the ticket. I assigned it and confirmed. It is not showing up as assigned to anyone in my party and when I try to re-enter the ticket, it says the ticket has been assigned already. What do I do now? I was able to link my other tickets with no problem.

I am trying to link a ticket in MDE. I entered the alpha/numeric code and instead of a discription of the ticket type, it just showed a picture of the ticket. I assigned it and confirmed. It is not showing up as assigned to anyone in my party and when I try to re-enter the ticket, it says the ticket has been assigned already. What do I do now? I was able to link my other tickets with no problem.

Call WDW Ticketing Guest Relations at
(407) 566-4985 (option 5) or

Call the WDW I.T. Dept. at
(407) 939-7765 (option #2) or
(407) 939-3471

I bought tickets off of UT in December for our upcoming September trip. I bought 7 day park hoppers. If I add the park hopper plus option at the park, will it be the new flat rate of $15 each or will it be priced retroactively?

It will be priced by computing from the GATE PRICE of your 7 Day PH on a date prior to Feb. 12, 2017.

To see that price, click HERE.

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter