Alison and Katie – May 1 2014 – Italy/Attic/EpcotDP – Pre-Planning Session Update

I was looking at the same invites for myself, but then I decided that it wasn't really the theme I was going for. But I do think they would be perfect for your wedding/theme! I also love the bolero and congrats on getting the dress on sale! I will have to PM you to see it! I'm trying to hold off on dress shopping, because I know once I have it I will want to wear it and probably will find excuses to try it on. I hope everything goes well when your dad comes to visit :)

I am loving your planning journal so far! If my DF and I weren't poor graduate students, we totally would be getting married at the castle. I am so excited to be able to live vicariously through you! :goodvibes:

I also love the idea of a pretty marriage contract. The idea hadn't even crossed my mind. I guess I will be adding another item to the ever growing to do list. :rotfl:

I can't wait to read more about your plans. ::yes::

Just caught up on the PJ and I'm loving all the new updates. All the ideas you have for the Main Street theme are fabulous - having the mayor and Dapper Dans, would be totally amazing! And I love that Main Street and Cinderella are kind of combining into a single idea - the castle is at the end of Main Street after all! I love your invite ideas and the monograms are really cute too! Also, the second of the attire items you linked to is amazing. I love it!

I've never heard of that decorative marriage contract idea either. It kind of makes a lot of sense when you hear it, but I'd have never thought of it. May have to look into myself too....

Anyway, looking forward to reading more!

Hey there!

I have enjoyed reading your PJ so far (I've been secretly lurking in the background)... Super jealous of your castle wedding! We don't have nearly the flexibility needed to have one.

I just wanted to give you a quick update on the STDs because we are planning on doing the same thing. We were in WDW a few weeks ago, and started asking for some blank keys. Disney just changed their key to the world cards to a system where you just hold the key in front of the lock, not actually stick it in the slot. That means that the keys are a lot more expensive now. I tried to ask if they had old keys in the back that they were looking to get rid of, but apparently if they returned them to a recycling program or something, they got money for them. You may have better luck than we did, but the best we did was get one blank one that we could scan into the computer and use to reproduce.

Castle wedding? :banana:

Can't wait to see how it all comes together! I love the colours you've chosen and I've been drooling over the invites you've posted...oh and main street is the theme for the house we will one day build :rotfl:

The no kids thing...we're still trying to figuring our way around that. :crazy2:

Wow! I love those invites! And I am ABSOLUTELY IN LOVE with that bolero! Amazing!

Thank you! I am trying to get a swatch of the bolero, but the seller says she doesn't offer swatches -- I am offering to buy one, I really need to compare the colors before I invest.

I was looking at the same invites for myself, but then I decided that it wasn't really the theme I was going for. But I do think they would be perfect for your wedding/theme! I also love the bolero and congrats on getting the dress on sale! I will have to PM you to see it! I'm trying to hold off on dress shopping, because I know once I have it I will want to wear it and probably will find excuses to try it on. I hope everything goes well when your dad comes to visit :)

I love the carriage background in those invites SO much :D. I keep thinking about trying on my dress ... but luckily it is stored safely at Mom's house! Thanks very much :)

I am loving your planning journal so far! If my DF and I weren't poor graduate students, we totally would be getting married at the castle. I am so excited to be able to live vicariously through you! :goodvibes:

I also love the idea of a pretty marriage contract. The idea hadn't even crossed my mind. I guess I will be adding another item to the ever growing to do list. :rotfl:

I can't wait to read more about your plans. ::yes::

I am so hoping the Castle works out for us ... it is the *one* big ticket item we are looking at, which is why you'll see me searching for deals on everything else.

Yes! I need to keep searching for an affordable contract ... Thanks much!

Just caught up on the PJ and I'm loving all the new updates. All the ideas you have for the Main Street theme are fabulous - having the mayor and Dapper Dans, would be totally amazing! And I love that Main Street and Cinderella are kind of combining into a single idea - the castle is at the end of Main Street after all! I love your invite ideas and the monograms are really cute too! Also, the second of the attire items you linked to is amazing. I love it!

I've never heard of that decorative marriage contract idea either. It kind of makes a lot of sense when you hear it, but I'd have never thought of it. May have to look into myself too....

Anyway, looking forward to reading more!

Thanks so much! It would be so cool if we can get the Mayor and Dapper Dan's, we will see what time will tell :).

Yeah, the marriage contract is a very old Jewish tradition and I just adore it.

Hey there!

I have enjoyed reading your PJ so far (I've been secretly lurking in the background)... Super jealous of your castle wedding! We don't have nearly the flexibility needed to have one.

I just wanted to give you a quick update on the STDs because we are planning on doing the same thing. We were in WDW a few weeks ago, and started asking for some blank keys. Disney just changed their key to the world cards to a system where you just hold the key in front of the lock, not actually stick it in the slot. That means that the keys are a lot more expensive now. I tried to ask if they had old keys in the back that they were looking to get rid of, but apparently if they returned them to a recycling program or something, they got money for them. You may have better luck than we did, but the best we did was get one blank one that we could scan into the computer and use to reproduce.

Thanks so much for that update!! We are headed to WDW on Sunday so we will have to double check, if not -- well that is just something new I get to shop for :D :cheer2:

Castle wedding? :banana:

Can't wait to see how it all comes together! I love the colours you've chosen and I've been drooling over the invites you've posted...oh and main street is the theme for the house we will one day build :rotfl:

The no kids thing...we're still trying to figuring our way around that. :crazy2:

Main St themed house?!! OH SNAP! That sounds so perfect and awesome and !! Too cool. Love it, love it so much.

Yeah .. kids. Hmmm .. ;)

Hello Lovelies,

I know, I disappeared right after I said I was going to post more often :crazy2: Sorry!

The thing is ... I have planned *so much* of what I want ... that there isn't much else to do until we can start reserving venues and site inspections and really tightening things up. Also, there is a hitch in the fundage for the wedding. Dear Katie says we will still be able to afford the Castle, but I am wondering if it will actually pan out. Time will tell.

I am still keeping track on the one wedding thing per paycheck goal. Though that ONE thing is quickly going to need to increase!

A couple weeks ago I bought a box of EmergenC for the welcome bags
51ZS2EV%2ByJL._AA300_.jpg

And a heart craft cutter to use for the guest book.
21E1yo06myL.jpg

I also caved and bought a new tiara. The one I had bought I really loved, and still do, but I just wasn't sure if I could find a hairstyle that will work well enough with it. It was shockingly hard to find any hairstyles at all that will go with that type of hairpiece! Also, it is really important to me to do my hair in a way that works with my natural curls. So here is the link to the tiara I ordered. It shipped a couple days ago and I am soosoSO excited to see it. Once I have a headpiece I can really finalize ideas for hair (some ideas) and veil (NO idea)

For hair, I have found two styles I love. One is Taylor Swift from her Love Story music video -- but maybe a little higher on the head.

hair8-1 by Alifay1, on Flickr
I think this look is soft and sweet, and might work with natural curl.

A second image I saw that I adore is a girl with a tiny tiara in, but off to one side.

korean-half-up-half-down-loose-curly-hair-string-wedding-hairstyle-little-silver-diamond-crown by Alifay1, on Flickr
I think this is so cute and adorable!!!

Anyway, when I get the new tiara in the mail I will have to put it together with the dress and see what looks like it will work.

And now the big news... I visited my Dad. And I told him we are planning a wedding.
He said that he still loves me no matter what, that he just wants me to be happy. He wants everyone to be happy, including himself. I asked him if he would attend, and he gave a pretty standard Dad response that translates roughly into yes. He said "Well, it depends on where I am whats going on...". Which makes some sense, very very long store here about my Dad and work and moving all over the country etcetc. I think though, that if it were my sister who told him (and marrying a man) it would be an absolute yes, rather than a kind-of yes. But it wasn't a no, and he didn't seem upset ... sooo we'll see. I asked him if he would participate in the wedding (ie, walk me down the aisle) and I got an I don't know/We'll see ... He is in a really tough life-spot right now so I am not pushing the issue. The important thing is, he knows, and he didn't freak out or immediately say he won't come. Small steps (a frustrating eight years of small steps on top of the whole rest of my life ... but again, that story does not belong here).

This coming Sunday we are making a quick trip to WDW and going to the Halloween Party on Monday. This is too cheesey, but I am so excited -- Katie and I bought Prince Charming and Cinderella costumes. What fun pictures we can have!!

I believe that is all I have for now ... I think my next paycheck I better invest in a crafting project (wish jars maybe?!).

Thanks for playing along <3

Happy to hear your visit with your dad went well. I'm leaving for Disney world on Saturday, and attending the Halloween party on Monday! I can't wait, it's a much needed vacation.

Hi! I've been reading your PJ for about a month now - but didn't want to post until I was sure I was actually going to be a Disney bride. :blush:
I was in a relationship with a woman for 2 years - it kind of took my family by surprise - but they were always loving and supportive - which is odd since they are pretty devout Church of Christ attenders (the ones who think even having instruments in church is a sin!!!!).
All of that to say that now that I'm "straight" (my friends and family all think it was a phase - they really don't understand being bi) and very active in a Southern Baptist church, I feel that I have to hide a part of myself. Mother's day this year was awful - I went out with some of my church friends and the subject of Disney came up - and these people are so homophobic that IMMEDIATELY it turns into how awful Gay Days are. :( It was excruciating sitting there and trying to hopefully change their mind and get them to remember that Jesus said to love your brother - even if he's gay! I called my mom after dinner and told her how happy I am that she loved me even when she didn't agree with my decisions.
Sorry to ramble about my own stuff, but I just wanted you to know I get what you two are going through and how hard it is to want your family there but to know that part of them doesn't get it.
I'm so glad your dad was receptive! :grouphug:

The tiara on the side is the cutest thing. I've never seen that before.

Hope you have fun at the party. You're so lucky to be able to make a quick trip!

Happy to hear your visit with your dad went well. I'm leaving for Disney world on Saturday, and attending the Halloween party on Monday! I can't wait, it's a much needed vacation.

AH ah!!! Let's meet up yes??!! We will be at the Halloween Party on Monday as well. It would be SO cool :D :D. We are going as Prince Charming and Cinderella (SUPER cliche and cheesey and I don't care I love it!).

Hi! I've been reading your PJ for about a month now - but didn't want to post until I was sure I was actually going to be a Disney bride. :blush:
I was in a relationship with a woman for 2 years - it kind of took my family by surprise - but they were always loving and supportive - which is odd since they are pretty devout Church of Christ attenders (the ones who think even having instruments in church is a sin!!!!).
All of that to say that now that I'm "straight" (my friends and family all think it was a phase - they really don't understand being bi) and very active in a Southern Baptist church, I feel that I have to hide a part of myself. Mother's day this year was awful - I went out with some of my church friends and the subject of Disney came up - and these people are so homophobic that IMMEDIATELY it turns into how awful Gay Days are. :( It was excruciating sitting there and trying to hopefully change their mind and get them to remember that Jesus said to love your brother - even if he's gay! I called my mom after dinner and told her how happy I am that she loved me even when she didn't agree with my decisions.
Sorry to ramble about my own stuff, but I just wanted you to know I get what you two are going through and how hard it is to want your family there but to know that part of them doesn't get it.
I'm so glad your dad was receptive! :grouphug:

Thank you for sharing your story. It is so odd to think about the ignorant hate that is spread so casually lately isn't it? Here's hoping Dad comes around fully by the wedding.

The tiara on the side is the cutest thing. I've never seen that before.

Hope you have fun at the party. You're so lucky to be able to make a quick trip!

Yeah I am really liking the tiara on the side ... you know how some people change their dress?? Maybe I'll just wear three different tiaras XD

The two of us seem to think too much alike! I also have the Taylor Swift hair in my inspiration folder for hair. I absolutely love the small tiara though. It is so unique and I think it would well with curls. I hope that every goes well and you can still have the castle as the venue! The only okay part of it doesn't is that there are still so many amazing venues to chose from. I am so glad you father seemed supportive and gave you his dad versions of yes and maybe.

Have an amazing time at MNSSHP. I have never been and always wanted to go. I think your costumes are cute. Take pictures :)

I have to post to a thread ten times before I can send a private message. So I am posting my tenth post now!!

Oh and we checked out locations yesterday and today for our wedding and desert party and I am really excited about our options! I can't wait to marry Alison in the rose garden.

Those are gorgeous hair photos, very romantic styles! Happy to hear that you had a positive response from your dad.

So a lot has changed in the past week. Alison will update everyone because she is better at it than me!

CinderALLIE said:
Hope it's not bad news...

No, not bad news at all! As a matter of fact I think it's awesome news, she is just much better at the wording of things than I am.

No, not bad news at all! As a matter of fact I think it's awesome news, she is just much better at the wording of things than I am.

That's good, but tell Alison to hurry up and get on here for an update...I am getting impatient LOL

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter