Alaska - Pixar Pals Party & Dressing Up?

bkmanhole

Mouseketeer
Hi Everyone,

I've seen videos online of the Pixar Pals Party for Alaska cruises. But most of those are pointing at what's going on. For those that have been, did you find people, adults included, dressed up for it?
My wife and I have Monsters Inc Mike & Sully onsies, and I'm deciding if it's worth the luggage space...

Are there opportunities to take photos with the characters after?

Thanks!
Ian

I don't recall any adults dressing up at the Pixar Pals Party on my cruise.

We didn't stay for the whole thing, so I cannot say whether there was a photo opp afterwards. But during it you can get right up close with the characters dancing in the crowd, so there's a chance for candid shots there.

On our Alaska cruise, there was an extended family all dressed in Incredibles wear - at least 6 adults included - for the party.

Regarding photos - there are plenty of candid photo ops during the party as the previous poster had said. Plus, there are meet and greets through the day with the various Pixar groups- we have photos from that day with all of the different Pixar characters and a ton of candids from the dance party.

Our cruise last year- did not see anyone dressed up. But you can dance with a bunch of characters as they make their way through the crowds. My son had his picture taken with Russell later in the evening.

I didn't see any one dressed up and the party was less well-attended than the opening day show. If you want to dance/take pictures with the characters, be in the atrium lobby level. They don't go around on the 3rd or 4th floors.

Thanks everyone! Responses have me thinking it might be wiser to save the luggage space and not stand out like a sore thumb being in adult onsies.

We dressed up during out Pixar Pals Party in Alaska, we went more Disneybounding then full on costume, but we definitely saw a few other people dressed up. It's not to the level of Pirates night for sure. If you think it will be fun to dress up, go for it, the rest of your cruise guests will love seeing someone having fun. Plus the pictures with the characters will be awesome.

wait a minute, there's a pixar pals party on Alaska sailings?!?!?!
must go even more so (even though i've done alaska sailings 3x on other cruise lines)

wait a minute, there's a pixar pals party on Alaska sailings?!?!?!
must go even more so (even though i've done alaska sailings 3x on other cruise lines)

Yup. They do it instead of Pirates Party Night. Along with a Frozen Party Night. They do the Frozen party in Europe also.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter