Alaska on the Disney Wonder

Great Videos! Will be on the 9 Day Alaska cruise on the Wonder next May. . . it's great to see what's in store. Thanks.

Thank you so much for posting all of these. They are fantastic!

You mentioned in another trip report that you had many character photos taken on Tracy Arm day. Did you see the characters on a certain deck or during a specific time?

Thank you!

I was just wandering around an empty deck 4 (deck 10 was ridiculously busy) and I got the photos with the characters.

Thank you for sharing your videos with us, watching them is really building my excitement for our upcoming Alaska cruise!

I hope you don't mind, but I have a few questions...

1. Did you use a video camera or were the videos taken on a regular digital camera?

2. Did you find it difficult trying to film and take pictures throughout your cruise? (I will be trying to do both!)

3. Where did you spend your time on Tracy Arm day? I'm thinking we'll be better off not tying ourselves to one spot, instead moving around the ship. I like the idea of deck 4.

4. Finally, did your gorillapod work ok? I've just ordered one and am terrified that it will go overboard if I attach it to the ship's railings!

Thanks again!

Thank you for sharing your videos with us, watching them is really building my excitement for our upcoming Alaska cruise!

I hope you don't mind, but I have a few questions...

1. Did you use a video camera or were the videos taken on a regular digital camera?

2. Did you find it difficult trying to film and take pictures throughout your cruise? (I will be trying to do both!)

3. Where did you spend your time on Tracy Arm day? I'm thinking we'll be better off not tying ourselves to one spot, instead moving around the ship. I like the idea of deck 4.

Thanks again!

1. I used a Canon Powershot S95 for all my videos - I have used a video camera before but prefer to use a digital camera as it's so much more user friendly.

2. Wasn't difficult to do both as I also own a Canon Powershot S110 which I use for taking photos. If I wanted to use both at the same time ie. Adventures Away and Tracy Arm, I put my S95 on the Gorillapod so I could leave it to film whilst I took photos.

3. Definitely move around the ship on Tracy Arm day. From memory we started at the front of deck 10 to watch the approach before leaving when it got too crowded, moved to deck 4, then our verandah, then the aft of deck 7 and then deck 4 again

4. Finally, did your gorillapod work ok? I've just ordered one and am terrified that it will go overboard if I attach it to the ship's railings!

Thanks again!

The Gorillapod is one of the greatest inventions of recent times - I do not know what I would do without it when travelling. I recently purchased the Gorillapod Hybrid which is slightly bigger and sturdier that the original Gorillapod which worked perfectly on the cruise - it fitted on every railing I wanted it to and didn't move until I moved it. Nearly all the videos I've uploaded so far were filmed using the Gorillapod - it even sat on the dashboard of the car when we drove to Emerald Lake from Skagway :)

5d7f621d2d5e4c43df5fe61ac9e5b744_zps13c1a328.jpg

dd9fcf02152003676e181950d5d1a6c4_zps56d89718.jpg

833f19738e86b04313430d9432b357d0_zpsc10993ce.jpg

During the cruise I had so many people come up to me and ask me about the Gorillapod and where I purchased it - they had never seen one before and thought that you could only buy them in the UK from hearing my accent. They seemed shocked when I said you could get them in the US.

Thanks so much for your replies - I appreciate it.

I see from your pictures that you had a navigator's verandah - we have 6642 booked for our cruise. I love the way it frames your picture!

Awesome thread! I have hours of fun ahead of me now! Getting geared up for Aug 18 sailing :-)
KJ

Nikki,
This is arguably the best trip report I've ever read! Thank you so much!!! This has helped me plan!

Last edited:
Thanks for your videos!!! I watched all of them on Youtube. I really like the dance party and character meeting!!!

I am thoroughly enjoying your pictures and your blog and am anxiously awaiting more. :goodvibes

If you took any pictures inside Cove Cafe, I would love to see them. I have not been on the Wonder since they enclosed that area for the Alaska sailings.

Just another little update - I've added more video links and a few more menus to the first post. :)

I am thoroughly enjoying your pictures and your blog and am anxiously awaiting more. :goodvibes

If you took any pictures inside Cove Cafe, I would love to see them. I have not been on the Wonder since they enclosed that area for the Alaska sailings.

Sorry I didn't take any photos inside Cove Cafe but I have plenty from outside it :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter