Alaska Flights

YohoAPiratesLife4Me

Mouseketeer
Anyone have any recommendations for flights to Vancouver? We can leave from Orlando, Pittsburgh or Cleveland, or Columbus. All are convenient for us. Looks like there’s a nonstop out of Orlando on West Jet but nothing direct coming back to Orlando. Has anyone booked flights through Disney? I’m not really fond of that idea since I’m a control freak and want to pick flights based on times, layovers, etc. lol Thank you in advance for any advice!

Anyone have any recommendations for flights to Vancouver? We can leave from Orlando, Pittsburgh or Cleveland, or Columbus. All are convenient for us. Looks like there’s a nonstop out of Orlando on West Jet but nothing direct coming back to Orlando. Has anyone booked flights through Disney? I’m not really fond of that idea since I’m a control freak and want to pick flights based on times, layovers, etc. lol Thank you in advance for any advice!

Of the airports you listed, only WestJet has a nonstop (from MCO).

You can fly Alaska Airlines from MCO, CMH, BWI, or PIT to Seattle, and then take the short flight to Vancouver.

Has anyone booked flights through Disney? I’m not really fond of that idea since I’m a control freak and want to pick flights based on times, layovers, etc. lol Thank you in advance for any advice!
Even when you book via DCL Air, you get to choose the specific flights, dates, times, etc. The old days of them choosing & letting you know later are long gone.

Last edited:
We have been to Alaska twice from the east coast. we flew into Seattle for Vancouver. quick car service ride over the border. Was cheaper for us. By a LOT

We live in Orlando, and when we went to Vancouver this past June, we flew Air Canada on the way there, and Delta on the way back. Both were connecting flights. They were fine, and we picked them because they had the best times for us.

Thank you everyone for great advice! After much searching, we have booked thru Air Canada out of Pittsburgh ! They offered the best times and prices for us. Pittsburgh to Toronto with only an hour layover, then on to Vancouver! Can't wait!!

Thank you everyone for great advice! After much searching, we have booked thru Air Canada out of Pittsburgh ! They offered the best times and prices for us. Pittsburgh to Toronto with only an hour layover, then on to Vancouver! Can't wait!!
Not to alarm you but Toronto is a BEAST of an airport and an hour may not be enough time for your layover. I don't know if you will need to get your luggage and recheck it but you WILL need to go through CDN customs in Toronto since it's your entry point into Canada and then go through security again. I would never fly through Toronto with anything less than 2 hours connecting time.

I agree with bcwife76. I don’t think you’ll need to pull your luggage and recheck, but I’ve stood in that line in Toronto more than once and it doesn’t move quickly (once I breezed through, but it was very early in the morning). I wouldn’t do less than 2 hours to connect.

yes - do you mean an actual hour, or less than 2 hours

an hour would be way too tight coming through Pearson as an international flight. You may or may not need to pickup your baggage, but you definitely need to go through customs and you may need to switch terminals. I agree with the previous poster that you want 2 hours

The minimum connection time at Pearson for flights between Canada and the US (either direction) on Air Canada is 1hr10min (https://www.aircanada.com/ch/en/aco/home/plan/check-in-information/minimum-connection-times.html), so I'm assuming that you rounded down by at least 10 minutes. I do see some options with connections of about 1hr25 minutes. That, to me, is tight. Whether I'd take it depends on how easy it would be to get a later connection if needed (if you bought as one ticket through Air Canada, they will get you on the next available flight). There are a lot of flights between Toronto and Vancouver - assuming you aren't flying late at night, there is usually less than two hours between flights between Toronto and Vancouver, so I'd be more willing to risk shorter connections. But, I'm also a single traveler and have good status with most the airlines I'm likely to fly, so I'm fairly easy to get on a soon later flight. If you have more travelers, no status, and somewhere to be on the other end, the risk is greater.

Not to alarm you but Toronto is a BEAST of an airport and an hour may not be enough time for your layover. I don't know if you will need to get your luggage and recheck it but you WILL need to go through CDN customs in Toronto since it's your entry point into Canada and then go through security again. I would never fly through Toronto with anything less than 2 hours connecting time.

Thanks so much, we are changing our flight from Pittsburgh to an earlier leaving one.

Thank you everyone for your responses. We are leaving Pittsburgh earlier.

I have been there and done that with only an hour and odd minutes layover coming in to JFK from London and it was so stressful. Had to go through customs then collect all of our checked bags, recheck them and then go back through TSA!!! Horrible and so needless!!! Made our connection to Pittsburgh in time but still what a marathon.

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!