Alaska Cruise announced on 5/24 Show

OKW Lover

Retired and living 2 miles from The Castle.
DIS Lifetime Sponsor
For those that missed it, the team (well, John and Kevin) announced that a bunch of DISers are going on an Alaska cruise in the summer of 2017. Those who are familiar with the long-running (5 years!) New England DIS Meet for Give Kids the World will recognize a lot of the names of folks already committed to this trip.

The cruise is on Royal Caribbean's Explorer of the Seas and sails on July 28, 2017 from Seattle, WA. Its a seven-night round-trip cruise through the Inside Passage, with stops at Juneau AK, Skagway AK, and Victoria CA. During the cruise a good portion of one day is sailing through Tracy Arm Fjord.

This isn't an official DIS cruise, just a collection of friends that all wan to sail together. Those that think this would be a fun thing to do should contact Tracey Heinrichs. TraceyH@dreamsunlimitedtravel.com

Who's Traveling?
Jeff & Val (OKW Lover & OKW Lover Lover)
Kevin (DisneyKevin) & John (WebmasterJohn)
Kristin (BornTeach) & David, Molly and Cole
Scott (skm) & Carol
Sue (FanO'TheMouse) & Charlotte
Pam (Disney Dog Lover), Scott & Otto; Possibly Pam's parents too
Michael & Carol (Disney Enabler)
Karilynn (Maila78)
Sandy (Lovethecastle), Keith and son Nick
Frank (skunkvette) and Cathy, along with Frank's sister Lisa and her family DH Mario, DSs Jim and Dan.
Patti & Kevin Ray (pkraynh)

Last edited:
I hope there will be another whale watching excursion. The one last year was outstanding.
2015-06-14%20Alaska-Whale-Watching-259-logo_zpsi0vm6ojk.jpg

My family and I are on the Disney Wonder's 9-night sailing that leaves July 24, 2017 out of Vancouver...maybe we'll cross paths. :thumbsup2

I wish this was a cruise I could do with my family, but I have plans in August, and can't do both (darn it).

An Alaska cruise is DEFINITELY on the bucket (or lottery) list for me some day! :) So is Norwegian's Pride of America Hawaii cruise Pete did.

An Alaska cruise is DEFINITELY on the bucket (or lottery) list for me some day! :) So is Norwegian's Pride of America Hawaii cruise Pete did.
Having done both, I'd suggest the Alaska cruise first. Hawaii was nice, but I wasn't thrilled with the ship and the service.

Thanx, Jeff, I've heard many varying opinions on Norwegian as a whole, and Pride of America in specific. I have to say that sense I'ma total newibe when it comes to cruises - did 1 3-night DCL Bahamas, and 1 7-night Norwegian NE/Canada, and somebody who hates dressing up/eating @ same time/being stuck with same tablemates every night (on the Canada/NE my friend and I ate in the buffet almost every night), I think I'm a "weird demographic" anyway. :)

I know some of you have emailed me for information and quotes. Please be patient with me!! The 2017 DCL Fall itineraries were just released!! I promise to be in touch soon.

I know some of you have emailed me for information and quotes. Please be patient with me!! The 2017 DCL Fall itineraries were just released!! I promise to be in touch soon.
Oooopps, Sorry Tracey. My timing could have been better! At least I'm not one of those overwhelming you on the DCL quote thing. ;)

I have been getting a lot of inquiries asking about a general idea of cost. Pricing is based on a number of factors including stateroom type, category and number of people in the room. I have compiled a list of sample pricing below, based on 2 people in a room, to give you an idea.

Inside Stateroom - $2045.00
Promenade Stateroom - $2065.00 (window with view of interior ship overlooking the promenade)
Virtual Balcony Stateroom - $2680.00 (large "screen" made to look like a patio door with live shots from outside)
Ocean view Stateroom - $3260.00
Balcony Stateroom - $4330.00
Junior Suite - $5915.00
Grand Suite - $7780.00
Owners Suite - $12180.00

Each price is total for 2 people including port charges and taxes. The cost for one person in the room is basically the same as 2 due to single supplement. PLEASE NOTE: This is an estimate of cost only based on current pricing and offers, meant only to provide general information. Pricing and availability are subject to change until booked.

If you would like to receive a personalized quote, email me at traceyh@dreamsunlimitedtravel.com. To do this, I will need each person's name, date of birth and preferred stateroom type.

For those who do book this cruise, I've added a list of who is traveling to the first post.

Right now its a very short list (just Val & I) even though I know of several others that have booked. I won't put anybody's name on the list until I hear from them that its OK to do so. If you would like to be included in this list please let me know.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter