Alamo help!!

Kaybee

Mouseketeer
I leave for Disneyworld on this saturday. I just found out that my TA has me booked with a rental with Alamo! I have hated Alamo in the past and swore I would never use them again. Unfortanately at this late time, Alamo is the best price I can get now!! Can anyone tell me something good about Alamo??? Have you had any problems---like long waits, insurance scams, etc....
We will be arriving at MCO at 9:30 in the morning and I was hoping not too bad a wait...

Go to www.mousesavers.com and follow Mary's links to join the Quicksilver program.

Then you can bypass all lines and go straight to the booth in the garage. They didn't try to upsell us anything (of course we had booked through Priceline).

Had a great experience.

I've used Alamo for a long time, and still haven't seen any of the problems some people talk about. Just enjoy the trip.

We used Alamo in November and didn't have any problems. They asked about insurance but when we said no they never mentioned it again. The wait was very short (we arrived about 11:30 AM) and we got to select our own minivan (which was beautiful). The return process was even quicker. We wouldn't hesitate to use them again.

Hope your experiece goes as smoothly! :D

Originally posted by disneyeveryyear
Go to www.mousesavers.com and follow Mary's links to join the Quicksilver program.

Then you can bypass all lines and go straight to the booth in the garage. They didn't try to upsell us anything (of course we had booked through Priceline).

Had a great experience.

She can only bypass the lines IF she has the QS tied to this reservation.

I asked Alamo about this bypassing the line at MCO and going to the booth and they said I had to wait in the QS line. I think I will call the Orlando location and ask.

We've used Alamo 3 times in the last several years in Orlando without problems. In fact, our trip next week includes an Alamo rental for 5 days. I usually find the best rates with them. And now they're located at the airport.

We end up with Alamo a lot because we use Priceline and they seem to do a lot of business with them (we've also gotten Avis and Hertz multiple times and National once). Sometimes the line is almost non-existent, but usually it's quite long. I can live with that because of the good rate. I just tell myself to be prepared. Some of the agents can be very pushy on the insurance, but that doesn't bother me because I am assertive and not afraid to say a firm "no." The cars have been in good shape and we've gotten a few upgrades when they've been out of economies. If you get a good rate and are willing to risk a potential rate, Alamo is fine. The wait is only for pickup; we've never had to wait more than a few minutes when returning our car.
Barb
Visit the Platinum Castaway Club at: www.castawayclub.com

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter