Alamo Code

johnnyr

DIS Veteran
Was searching the Internet and found Alamo contract ID: J3. It gives the best rate I can find. Apparently it is a government contractor discount. Anyone use this one successfully?

It just gave me an AWESOME rate. I wonder if they are gonna ask for ID or something? Has anyone used this code successfully? I just put something on hold, just in case. Just got 5 days compact vehicle for $100 ($159 after taxes).

ETA: This rate code also includes Collision damage waiver. When I get back from my Florida vacation during after Thanksgiving, I will let you know how it all works out. I am still holding on to my other reservation at Avis, just in case cause this seems too good to be true!!

This is a government employee code and it was been reported that ID is requested at time of rental.

Can someone help me with this? Is the code "J3" and if so, where do I put it? everytime I try to put it in one the website, either under ID, coupon code, rate/product code it keeps telling me the code must be 3 characters? Help, would love to see what kind of rate I can find.

And I would also like to know what passes of proper ID?

Just tried the J3 code picking up at the Dolphin - it added $180 to the cost without it! :confused3

It seems like a government contractor ID. Wouldn't that mean that it is for a government contractor not necessarily a government employee?

I just used J3 and also added my Sams club coupon code (AD6788JDQ) for $20 off my rental.....for my 4 day 20 hour rental it came to $211 total for a midsize in the first week of December.....I dont think it was that good of a deal....I rented the same car last year for $137 total.....Alamo rates are high right now IMO.......

I'm probably going to try Priceline......it says it will be a major rental car co. (alamo, hertz, national, avis, budget) any one had bad luck with Priceline??

I just used J3 and also added my Sams club coupon code (AD6788JDQ) for $20 off my rental.....for my 4 day 20 hour rental it came to $211 total for a midsize in the first week of December.....I dont think it was that good of a deal....I rented the same car last year for $137 total.....Alamo rates are high right now IMO.......

I'm probably going to try Priceline......it says it will be a major rental car co. (alamo, hertz, national, avis, budget) any one had bad luck with Priceline??

Nothing is a good deal compared to last years rates. No matter what code or coupon you use. Everyone's rates are high right now, not just Alamo. Compared to going rates now, it may be a good deal. Haven't checked it out myself and probably won't bother.

Thanks for posting this! DH is a govt. contractor and since it can be used for leisure rates too (non govt. travel), it saved us some for Spring Break at DL rental! I don't think I've ever looked at the govt. discounts for rental cars before!

I tried it for kicks,it took my rate from 300.00 for 2 weeks to over 800.00....what savings?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter