AKV - What can we book?

For those who were wondering about the section that is supposed to open in July '07, I think it will be open then because I think I may have just bought in that section :) I don't know for sure, because I haven't even received my paperwork yet, but I do know that I have points starting now, in March '07 and my Vacation Club Guide said there were a very limited number of points available to be purchased with a March '07 use year, based on some villas opening up in July '07. So, I am thinking that must be the area on the map slated to open July '07, or I guess it could mean that some of the September section will be opening early! I'm not sure if this makes sense, and again, this is just what I am assuming based on what I was told.

For those who were wondering about the section that is supposed to open in July '07, I think it will be open then because I think I may have just bought in that section :) I don't know for sure, because I haven't even received my paperwork yet, but I do know that I have points starting now, in March '07 and my Vacation Club Guide said there were a very limited number of points available to be purchased with a March '07 use year, based on some villas opening up in July '07. So, I am thinking that must be the area on the map slated to open July '07, or I guess it could mean that some of the September section will be opening early! I'm not sure if this makes sense, and again, this is just what I am assuming based on what I was told.
When you get your paperwork it will have your Unit number in it. You can then post on the "AKV DISboard Ownership Chart" thread: http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1358162 where we're keeping track of which units are currently being sold. There are about 10 owners with a March '07 UY listed in that thread and they all own Unit 27. It will be interesting to see if you are also in Unit 27 or in a new Unit so please post your info when you get your paperwork!

Oh, and welcome home!

Oops... I already did post there, just not with the unit number! Maybe I can try to figure out how to edit my post once I get my unit number! Oh, and thank you for the "welcome home"!

Oops... I already did post there, just not with the unit number! Maybe I can try to figure out how to edit my post once I get my unit number! Oh, and thank you for the "welcome home"!
Editing a post is easy: there is an "Edit" button in the lower right corner of all of your posts. You just click on that button and your post comes up in a window where you can make additions or changes. Then click the "Save" button to save your changes. So, when your paperwork arrives you can either edit your original post on that thread or just post again.

In the area that will open for this September, what do you think the size of 2 bedrooms will be? Are they going to be the smaller ones? I can't figure out if teh smaller units are coming first in the remodel and the larger ones will be in the seperate DVC building? Anyone know?

In the area that will open for this September, what do you think the size of 2 bedrooms will be? Are they going to be the smaller ones? I can't figure out if teh smaller units are coming first in the remodel and the larger ones will be in the seperate DVC building? Anyone know?

There will be some of each, eventually, in the remodel. Overall, the rooms in Kidani (the new building) ARE a bit larger, but the rooms in Jambo are not ALL value rooms, either. Is that confusing enough for you?

It looks like MOST of the rooms being converted for the opening phase are the larger rooms. There will be some of the smaller (value) rooms, too, but it looks like MOST of those come online in December and May.

Here's a better descriptor:

studios:

# 316-365 sq. ft. in Jambo House (the 316 are value rooms)
# 366 sq. ft. in Kidani Village

1 BR:
# 629-710 sq. ft. in Jambo House (the 629 are value rooms)
# 807 sq. ft. in Kidani Village

2 BR:
# 945-1075 sq. ft. in Jambo House (the 945 are value rooms)
# 1,173 sq. ft. in Kidani Villag

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter