AKV - What can we book?

bobbiwoz

I'm happy to dance with you!
Does anyone know exactly what type of rooms we will be able to book as owners, in May, when they open booking up?

Bobbi:confused3

depends - if what people has been told and the opening date is the date (and this is just not the construction closing - but interior and CM guests have already stayed there)

then a good part. both the white dots and blue will be opened. So everything except maybe the GV????? looks like some pool views - so standard views would be included.

http://dvc.disney.go.com/dvc/member...tDetail?id=DAKVMemberMapsDirectionsDetailPage

click on maps of this resort.

but not the white or red dashes.

:goodvibes Thanks for trying, spiceycat, but the link doesn't work for me. Says time expired! I know that I should have asked last week when we visitied the models. I just was excited when I saw the area that had been outlined, when I got home, it dawned me that I didn't know what was exactly in that area. Did you see the samples?

Bobbi:goodvibes

Click on "maps" on this page to see when each phase at AKV will open:
http://dvc.disney.go.com/dvc/guest/resorts/resortDetail?id=ProspectsDAKVMapDirectionsPage

Now compare that to this drawing showing the units declared so far at AKV. The are currently selling only the blue (Sep '07) area of the map. I'm not sure what the story is with the July '07 section. Unit 41A is in that section, but is not being sold. It consists of 3 dedicated studios.

In the blue (Sep '07) section: Unit 23 is a GV. I expect there will be one or two more coming (at the end of each hallway). Unit 24 consists of 3 dedicated studios. All the other units consist of two 2BR lockoffs. These units do not completely fill the Sep 2007 (blue) area on the map. It looks like there is room for at least 6-8 more 2BR lockoffs and 1 or maybe 2 more GVs, and 3-6 more dedicated studios depending on how they carve up the remaining space.

81115AKV_Units_0324.JPG

Thank you, that's the link to the map that was at the models...but I thought it was the white dot area that was the first to be opened. Wow, thanks for the info on the placement of the GV's. I really may need to do an add on there so we can get one of those.

Thank you, that's the link to the map that was at the models...but I thought it was the white dot area that was the first to be opened. Wow, thanks for the info on the placement of the GV's. I really may need to do an add on there so we can get one of those.

Yes the white dotted area is supposed to open in July 2007. They aren't selling any of that area so I'm not sure what that means. You can't book anything on points until September so maybe the white dotted area will be open, but only bookable through CRO? :confused3

Wow, thanks for the info on the placement of the GV's.

The GV's will be at the ends of the buildings on the kudu and zebra trails with the very cool semi-circular balconies. So, from map you can see there will be 6, three on each side.

any idea which rooms or section will be concierge?
There will be FIVE 2BR lockoffs on the 6th floor, scheduled to open May 2008.

ETA: two of them will be pool view and three of them will be savannah view. Or maybe it's the other way around? Lisareniff will know so I hope she corrects me if I have it backwards.

ETA: Edited again to correct mistake typing "two" instead of "five" for the total number of 2BR lockoffs. Thank you Lisareniff!!!!!!!

There will be FIVE 2BR lockoffs on the 6th floor, scheduled to open May 2008.

ETA: two of them will be pool view and three of them will be savannah view. Or maybe it's the other way around? Lisareniff will know so I hope she corrects me if I have it backwards.

That's correct Lisa. Two pool view and three sunset savanna(h) view for a total of five 2 bedroom lock-offs on the sixth floor that are on each side of the lobby. These are the only rooms on the 6th floor and they share it with the concierge lounge.

That's correct Lisa. Two pool view and three sunset savanna(h) view for a total of five 2 bedroom lock-offs on the sixth floor that are on each side of the lobby. These are the only rooms on the 6th floor and they share it with the concierge lounge.
Thank you for correcting my post!!! Let's see, 2 pool view and 3 savannah view for a total of 2... can you tell I was up late last night? And I was doing my taxes. :scared1: Good thing I use tax prep software though I think I better go back and check for data entry errors!

So does that mean there are no concierge rooms to book at all until stays that begin in May, 2008? None available for Easter, 2008? :confused3

So does that mean there are no concierge rooms to book at all until stays that begin in May, 2008? None available for Easter, 2008? :confused3
The concierge rooms are in that red area listed as opening in May 2008. Since that's 13 months away, it's possible things could change between now and then. It's too bad they are leaving those for last given how excited so many of us are about trying to book there!

The concierge rooms are in that red area listed as opening in May 2008. Since that's 13 months away, it's possible things could change between now and then. It's too bad they are leaving those for last given how excited so many of us are about trying to book there!

You are very right about that!!!!! Here I was hoping for a booking this December in concierge. Now it all seems like a dream...when are we going to get definite information from DISNEY!!!! I am so glad that we did go to see the samples in person. Even that day, when we got to SSR and told the person what we wanted, she had to stop and say..."Well, I THINK you're in luck, the samples had been closed for modifications, but I just got the OK to show them." Then when we were all ready to walk over, someone ran out to say the samples were closed, but that turned out not to be the case. Really, things are not very stable (reliable) these days at Member Services.

Bobbi

WOW! You guys have some great information! Hey do you know:

1) Are all of the rooms, currently be modified, on the upper floors?
2) Our friends, a family stayed at the AK long ago and said it was great but there was a steel supporting beam running across their balcony which somewhat restricted their view… I wonder if that is the case with a lot of the rooms?
3) I am planning to book later this year, does anyone know if the Uzima Savanna or the Arusha Savanna has more animals or perhaps better views of the animals?

Click on "maps" on this page to see when each phase at AKV will open:
http://dvc.disney.go.com/dvc/guest/resorts/resortDetail?id=ProspectsDAKVMapDirectionsPage

Now compare that to this drawing showing the units declared so far at AKV. The are currently selling only the blue (Sep '07) area of the map. I'm not sure what the story is with the July '07 section. Unit 41A is in that section, but is not being sold. It consists of 3 dedicated studios.

In the blue (Sep '07) section: Unit 23 is a GV. I expect there will be one or two more coming (at the end of each hallway). Unit 24 consists of 3 dedicated studios. All the other units consist of two 2BR lockoffs. These units do not completely fill the Sep 2007 (blue) area on the map. It looks like there is room for at least 6-8 more 2BR lockoffs and 1 or maybe 2 more GVs, and 3-6 more dedicated studios depending on how they carve up the remaining space.

81115AKV_Units_0324.JPG

Darn it! I was hoping to call May 16th and have a shot at booking concierge for the week before Easter next year. I figured that the first day of booking ever would likely be the only chance ever of getting concierge for 5 nights in a row.

Darn it! I was hoping to call May 16th and have a shot at booking concierge for the week before Easter next year. I figured that the first day of booking ever would likely be the only chance ever of getting concierge for 5 nights in a row.
I had had the same thought, though for different dates (January). It would be nice if starting May 16th they allowed a few villas on the 5th floor to be booked as concierge villas until the real ones on the 6th floor are available. It would be a nice perk for those of us who jumped right on board and handed over our cash before there were floor plans or model rooms or even artist's renderings of the rooms to have a shot at booking a concierge villa from day 1.

If there is a thread with all the AKV info just point me in the right direction.....otherwise could someone please answer:

When ressies start in May for AKV is this for AKV owners only? Can other resort owners make a ressie at AKV? I am looking at a week in Nov '07 (not Thanksgiving) and thought it might be fun to book AKV if possible.

If there is a thread with all the AKV info just point me in the right direction.....otherwise could someone please answer:

When ressies start in May for AKV is this for AKV owners only? Can other resort owners make a ressie at AKV? I am looking at a week in Nov '07 (not Thanksgiving) and thought it might be fun to book AKV if possible.
Reservations can be made at AKV using AKV points starting May 16th. Reservations can be made using other (non-AKV) points either June 6th or possibly not until some time in July according to some recent reports here.

I had had the same thought, though for different dates (January). It would be nice if starting May 16th they allowed a few villas on the 5th floor to be booked as concierge villas until the real ones on the 6th floor are available. It would be a nice perk for those of us who jumped right on board and handed over our cash before there were floor plans or model rooms or even artist's renderings of the rooms to have a shot at booking a concierge villa from day 1.
I agree! That would be a better benefit than the tapestry, in my book.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter