AKV - Kidani Village Units Declared*UPDATED 1/26 - Post#130*

Just wondering if anyone knows if they will have handicap rooms at Kidani Village or Jambo House. My Friend who ended up with Polio as a child has braces on his legs and would need a large enough door to get into with his crutches. His wife would love to go to Disney but he is afraid there wouldn't be enough room for his crutches to move around the villas. :)

There are HA rooms in both Kidani and Jambo. You can request them when you book.

Just wondering if anyone knows if they will have handicap rooms at Kidani Village or Jambo House. My Friend who ended up with Polio as a child has braces on his legs and would need a large enough door to get into with his crutches. His wife would love to go to Disney but he is afraid there wouldn't be enough room for his crutches to move around the villas. :)
The ADA requires that resorts have handicapped accessible rooms available in all the different types and views that are available to other guests.

If all he needs is a wide enough door, the doors on handicapped accessible rooms are generally the same as the doors on other rooms, at least the doors to get into the room. Bathroom doors may be narrower than the doors to get into the rooms. But they are usually going to be 32 inches wide in the bathrooms in newer resorts.

There are different types of handicapped accessible rooms in all resorts.
One kind is fully wheelchair accessible and has a roll in shower with a fold down seat. A wheelchair can be rolled right up to the seat inside the shower. That type of room will also have a sink that a wheelchair can be rolled up under for use. All resorts have rooms with roll in showers available.

They also have rooms with tubs that have grab bars (they also have a showerhead). Some of the rooms with tubs are wheelchair accessible and have a doorway to the bathroom that is big enough to drive a wheelchair thru the bathroom door. Others may not have a door that is big enough to drive a wheelchair thru, so you need to make sure to request the correct the correct type.

For getting around in the room, there are usually some pieces of furniture that can be moved to make a passage. If it seems too tight, you can also request Housekeeping to remove some pieces of furniture for you (chairs, etc).

I have a question concerning the declaration of units. I understand that when a unit is declared it can then be sold, correct? But how does this affect reservations? Does this mean there is one more unit added to the reservation pool?

Bill

I believe it also means that it can now be booked with points by members. So yes, it would be available for reservations. If I am wrong, someone correct me.

Bump,

Since it has some really good room type location info

I just came across this thread and love it. Any new updates?

Nothing since the 12/11/08 declarations.

BLT has had units declared at 4 different times (1/16, 3/13, 4/8 & 4/21) since the last AKV units in December and the THVs have had one declaration (1/30/09) for 30 units out of the 60 total.

From what I've read here and elsewhere, BLT is selling better than AKV. Also, work is still continuing on many of the Kidani segments north of the lobby with completion not scheduled until September last I knew.

bumping this wonderful thread.

I just booked a Kidani stay this morning :banana:. June 19, 2010, seven nights!!!

2 bedroom lockoff SV. My room requests (looking at the resort map):

1. 2nd or 3rd "bead" to the left of the lobby. This would be the two beads on either side of an elevator (not sure what elevator that is....does anyone know?) Also, I am not sure if this would be north, south, east or west of the lobby....does anyone know?

2. Preferably no higher than the 3rd floor.

I wanted to give the rest of our party some privacy, yet still feel like we are traveling together so lockoff was the best choice. Plus with a lockoff I thought I would more likely get my room requests filled, here's hoping anyways.

I wanted to be close to the pool, elevator and lobby so I thought that would be a good central locale. Not sure if this is a portion available for current stays, i.e. still under construction.

One question regarding the savanah animals on sunset savanah....the sunset extends on both sides of the lobby, but will both sides have the same animals or do they restrict were each type of animal "roams". I guess I want to make sure we would be able to see the giraffes, etc. Does this question make sense?

I, too, am shamelessly bumping the thread. There's been some discussion about this topic in reference to the opening of Phase 2, today.

On 8/31/2009, DVD made the 18th Amendment to the AKV Declarations, and the Amendment was recorded on the OCC website on 09/09/09. The Amendment declared Phases 112, 113, 114, and 115 to the DVC inventory. It appears that each Phase contains 5 Units, and each Unit has one 2-bedroom villa, but I will wait until TSMIII has a chance to review the data before it can said for certain.

This is the first Declaration for AKV since the 17th Amendment on November 21, 2008 (recorded 12/11/08). This is good news for DVC members who are making reservations on points at AKV because this Declaration adds 20 additional villas to the DVC inventory. I do not know how many of the 20 villas are lock-offs versus dedicated 2-bedroom villas.

On 8/31/2009, DVD made the 18th Amendment to the AKV Declarations, and the Amendment was recorded on the OCC website on 09/09/09. The Amendment declared Phases 112, 113, 114, and 115 to the DVC inventory. It appears that each Phase contains 5 Units, and each Unit has one 2-bedroom villa, but I will wait until TSMIII has a chance to review the data before it can said for certain.

This is the first Declaration for AKV since the 17th Amendment on November 21, 2008 (recorded 12/11/08). This is good news for DVC members who are making reservations on points at AKV because this Declaration adds 20 additional villas to the DVC inventory. I do not know how many of the 20 villas are lock-offs versus dedicated 2-bedroom villas.

Got my :3dglasses on, ready for TSMIII's updates and revised maps by Monorail Purple&Gold. Thank you all for the data. Gosh I love this thread.:love:

As wdrl pointed out, new units were declared 8/31/09 and posted today - Phases 112 and 113 - the 5th floor in the two segments immediately north of the lobby and Phases 114 and 115 - the 5th floor in the two segments immediately south of the lobby. (19 units - 6 Ded 2BR w/1 HA & 14 2BR LO w/1 HA). Note: The 19 units equal 20 2BRs - Unit 113A consists of 2 2BRs.

Here are the totals for Kidani so far, based on the units declared through 8/31:

Dedicated 2BR -
Declared 60 (42 SV / 18 STD including 1 HA SV / 1 HA STD)
Planned 140
Remaining 80

2BR Lockoff -
Declared 86 (41 SV / 45 STD including 2 HA SV / 3 HA STD)
Planned 168
Remaining 82

Grand Villa -
Declared 8 (8 SV including 1 HA)
Planned 16
Remaining 8

Total -
Declared 154 (91 SV / 63 STD)
Planned 324
Remaining 170

The split for the different views is now 59% SV / 41% STD

Note that all 8 Handicap Accessible villas declared so far are located in the second building north of the lobby (Phase 64/80/96/112):
2nd Floor - 1 SV 2BR LO & 1 STD 2BR LO
3rd Floor - 1 STD 2BR LO
4th Floor - 1 SV 2BR LO & 1 STD Dedicated 2BR
4th/5th Floor - 1 SV Grand Villa
5th floor - 1 STD 2BR LO and 1 SV Dedicated 2BR

Can someone explain the difference in the lockoff vs the dedicated.

Are there two different pics of the units at the front of this thread??

There are 8 going in June of next year. I can't book till 7 months out...but REALLY hoping we get it.

(Yeah for you TINKERIFIC ! you must be thrilled). I am too hoping for a standard or SV next to the lobby/pool/elevator. This will be for my parents 50th and it isn't good for mom to be walking to far

There are 8 going in June of next year. I can't book till 7 months out...but REALLY hoping we get it.

(Yeah for you TINKERIFIC ! you must be thrilled). I am too hoping for a standard or SV next to the lobby/pool/elevator. This will be for my parents 50th and it isn't good for mom to be walking to far

Check out Post #57 - the first diagram ( Units 96E & 96F) is an example of both of these. When looking at the two, focus on the left hand side of each of the units. The 2 BR Lockoff will have an extra door leading out into the hall as well as a sink/countertop vs. no extra door and a closet for the Dedicated 2BR.

HTH.

Here's a link to the 1st post: http://www.disboards.com/showpost.php?p=24319747&postcount=1

Look at the diagram for Unit 64A, the first 3 rooms are a bedroom (studio); living room and bedroom (one bedroom). There are two doors from the hallway that enter this unit, one into the studio and one into the living room of the 1 bedroom. This unit is a lockoff, because the studio can be rented separately from the 1 bedroom. In that studio there is a queen bed and a pullout couch.

Now go a little further to your left on the same drawing to Unit 64C. This unit is a dedicated 2 bedroom unit. There is no door from the hallway into the studio. You must enter the studio from the living room. Also because this studio portion is dedicated, there will be two queen beds and no couch.

Also in other DVC resorts they have replaced the kitchenette in the dedicated studio with another closet. I have not stayed in one of these dedicated units so.... Has anyone rented a dedicated 2 BR at Kidani and is there still a mini kitchenette in addition to the full kitchen off of the living room?

Many people with young children really only want a dedicated 2BR to keep their young children from having access to a door to the outside hall in the second bedroom. Others you plan to share the unit with another family or teenagers prefer the separate door. I like to think of it as one of those touches that just makes the DVC our home away from home.

Hope this answers your questions. If not just post them, we'll answer.;)

perfect thanks.

I like the extra door for some reasons but other not.

Glad you mentioned the two queen beds tho. As we will want that.

8 of us -- all practically adults. (2 teenagers that are really adults now - 16 and 18).

So we will want the master for mom and dad (50th anniversary and all)....probably the two queens for us gals..and we will have to guys on the sofa in the living room.

Thanks a bunch!

I also have the same question as tinkerific on the animals. I really want to see the okapi and giraffes. Didn't know if they were everywhere or on one side more than the others. If anyone knows?

Here's a link to the 1st post: http://www.disboards.com/showpost.php?p=24319747&postcount=1

Look at the diagram for Unit 64A, the first 3 rooms are a bedroom (studio); living room and bedroom (one bedroom). There are two doors from the hallway that enter this unit, one into the studio and one into the living room of the 1 bedroom. This unit is a lockoff, because the studio can be rented separately from the 1 bedroom. In that studio there is a queen bed and a pullout couch.

Now go a little further to your left on the same drawing to Unit 64C. This unit is a dedicated 2 bedroom unit. There is no door from the hallway into the studio. You must enter the studio from the living room. Also because this studio portion is dedicated, there will be two queen beds and no couch.

Also in other DVC resorts they have replaced the kitchenette in the dedicated studio with another closet. I have not stayed in one of these dedicated units so.... Has anyone rented a dedicated 2 BR at Kidani and is there still a mini kitchenette in addition to the full kitchen off of the living room?

Many people with young children really only want a dedicated 2BR to keep their young children from having access to a door to the outside hall in the second bedroom. Others you plan to share the unit with another family or teenagers prefer the separate door. I like to think of it as one of those touches that just makes the DVC our home away from home.

Hope this answers your questions. If not just post them, we'll answer.;)

As wdrl pointed out, new units were declared 8/31/09 and posted today - Phases 112 and 113 - the 5th floor in the two segments immediately north of the lobby and Phases 114 and 115 - the 5th floor in the two segments immediately south of the lobby. (19 units - 6 Ded 2BR w/1 HA & 14 2BR LO w/1 HA). Note: The 19 units equal 20 2BRs - Unit 113A consists of 2 2BRs.

I think DVD has made an error in the 18th Declaration. As TSMIII points out, the floor plan drawings attached to the Declaration shows Unit 113a as consisting of two 2-bedroom villas. These drawings also show that Phase 113 consists of Units 113a, 113b, 113c, and 113d. However, in the actual language amending AKV's Declaration of Condominium (see page 1, last paragraph), the Declaration states that Phase 113 consists of five residential Units identified as Unit 113A, 113B, 113C, 113D, and 113E. So, either the drawings are in error, or the text is inaccurate. Either way, I'm curious how long it takes before someone corrects it.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter