AKV - Kidani Village Units Declared*UPDATED 1/26 - Post#130*

TSMIII

Mouseketeer
For any who are interested, here is an update on what has been declared so far for AKV Kidani Village (diagrams follow):

Kidani Village villas -

Dedicated 2BR

Total 140
Declared 19 (14 SV / 5 STD)
Remaining 121

2BR Lockoff

Total 168
Declared 23 (13 SV / 10 STD)
Remaining 145

Grand Villa

Total 16
Declared 0
Remaining 16

Total Units 324 (492 Maximum if all 2BR Lockoffs were split into 1BRs & Studios)
Declared 42
Remaining 282

Declared 3/20/08
Unit 64A Two 2BR Lockoffs - SV
Unit 64B Two 2BR Lockoffs - STD
Unit 64C Dedicated 2BR - SV
Unit 64D 2BR Lockoff - STD

Declared 4/4/08
Unit 65A Dedicated 2BR - SV
Unit 65B 2BR Lockoff - STD
Unit 65C Dedicated 2BR - SV; 2BR Lockoff – SV
Unit 65D 2BR Lockoff - STD

Unit 66A Two 2BR Lockoffs - SV
Unit 66B 2 BR Lockoff - STD

Unit 67A Dedicated 2BR - SV
Unit 67B Dedicated 2BR - STD
Unit 67C 2BR Lockoff - SV
Unit 67D 2BR Lockoff - STD
Unit 67E Dedicated 2BR - SV
Unit 67F Dedicated 2BR - STD

Office Space adjacent to Unit 65D (Standard View)
Community Hall adjacent to Unit 66A (Savanna View)
Arcade, Laundry and Sales Offices adjacent to Unit 66B (Standard View)

All of the above are 2nd floor villas.

Here are the diagrams of the units declared so far. Units 65 & 66 include common areas.

Kidani64.jpg

Kidani65.jpg

Kidani66.jpg

Kidani67.jpg

This diagram is the side elevation for what is described as a "Typical Ground Floor Inside Unit thru Fifth Floor Unit". These look to be the Savanna view villas of each segment of Kidani Village. The upper left villa on each of these segments appears to be the Grand Villa - note that the diagram depicts two stories of glass windows overlooking the Savanna!!:goodvibes

Kidanielevation.jpg

As units are declared, maybe we can update this in order to get the breakdown of how many Standard and Savanna view villas there will be at Kidani.

Thanks for all your work on this! :worship:

I understand they keep saying May of 2009 for the opening -- is that still for just Phase I of Kidani? Or -- given the speed of construction -- are they going to open it all up in one phase? Or, as rumor has it, might they open some units in late 2008?

Either way, it's exciting to see it happening, and I appreciate the work it takes to gather this information. Between you and LisaS, they can't hiccup at AKV without it being noted on the DISBoards! :thumbsup2

Thanks for doing this!! :worship: What a great idea to include the floor plans too!

Looking good, but would these unit just be one floor?

Claire ;)

Looking good, but would these unit just be one floor?

Claire ;)

Yes, one floor only -the second floor in all of these. Each of these phases still have the 3rd, 4th & 5th floors to be declared (my understanding is that none of the 1st floors will contain villas).

Yes, one floor only -the second floor in all of these. Each of these phases still have the 3rd, 4th & 5th floors to be declared (my understanding is that none of the 1st floors will contain villas).

You need to update your map to show the additional units declared yesterday.

You need to update your map to show the additional units declared yesterday.

Mike - the documents posted yesterday appear to be the same as the one posted April 4th. Those posted yesterday are recorded as the individual phases (65, 66, & 67) instead of combined as they were on the 4th - maybe some legal requirement for doing so?:confused3

Looking at all of the documents they all appear to be the same, with the same floor plans, signatures, dates, etc. If you can identify additional units declared and let me know where they appear in the docs I'll update the diagram as necessary.

How cool!! We just returned our signed papers this week for unit 64A so its awesome to see our new "home"!! :cool1:

Mike - the documents posted yesterday appear to be the same as the one posted April 4th. Those posted yesterday are recorded as the individual phases (65, 66, & 67) instead of combined as they were on the 4th - maybe some legal requirement for doing so?:confused3

Hmm, that's strange!

Wow! This is great! I somehow missed this post the first round. Fantastic job. Thanks so much for taking the time!!:thumbsup2

All units are for the second floor.
Units 70, 71 & 72 only have SV villas, no STD view.
The diagrams for those units (see below) show nothing on the opposite side of the hallway - wondering if it might have something to do with accessing the underground parking that has been mentioned in other posts:confused3

12 Dedicated 2BR (9 SV/ 3 STD)
10 2BR Lockoffs (7 SV / 3 STD)

Unit 68A Dedicated 2BR - SV
Unit 68B Dedicated 2BR - STD
Unit 68C Dedicated 2BR - SV; 2BR Lockoff - SV
Unit 68D Dedicated 2BR - STD; 2BR Lockoff - STD
Kidani68.jpg

Unit 69A 2BR Lockoff - SV
Unit 69B 2BR Lockoff - STD
Unit 69C Dedicated 2BR - SV; 2BR Lockoff - SV
Unit 69D Dedicated 2BR - STD; 2BR Lockoff - STD
Kidani69.jpg

Unit 70A Dedicated 2BR - SV
Unit 70B Dedicated 2BR - SV; 2BR Lockoff - SV
Kidani70.jpg

Unit 71A Dedicated 2BR - SV
Unit 71B 2BR Lockoff - SV
Unit 71C Dedicated 2BR - SV
Kidani71.jpg

Unit 72A 2BR Lockoff - SV
Unit 72B Dedicated 2BR - SV
Unit 72C 2BR Lockoff - SV
Unit 72D Dedicated 2BR - SV
Kidani72.jpg

All units are for the second floor.
Units 70, 71 & 72 only have SV villas, no STD view.
The diagrams for those units (see below) show nothing on the opposite side of the hallway - wondering if it might have something to do with accessing the underground parking that has been mentioned in other posts:confused3
The first three building segments (plus the small segment on the end) are only one villa deep. This is a departure from the original drawings which show the building as two villas deep except for the small section on the end closest to Jambo House.

I'm glad they did not build it as shown in the drawing because those first three segments would have been looking right at the AKL employee parking lot! Because of the curve of the building, at the point where the building goes from one villa to two villas deep, the view on the Standard View side is much improved -- a lot more landscaping and a lot less concrete.

ETA: I believe that the square building on the back side of Units 72A and 72B will be a maintenance area.

The first three building segments (plus the small segment on the end) are only one villa deep. This is a departure from the original drawings which show the building as two villas deep except for the small section on the end closest to Jambo House.

I'm glad they did not build it as shown in the drawing because those first three segments would have been looking right at the AKL employee parking lot! Because of the curve of the building, at the point where the building goes from one villa to two villas deep, the view on the Standard View side is much improved -- a lot more landscaping and a lot less concrete.

ETA: I believe that the square building on the back side of Units 72A and 72B will be a maintenance area.

Yes, I noticed the original drawing seemed to have villas on both sides of these sections - except the far end of unit 72.

I'm curious to see the additional floors declared to see if this holds true all the way up or if it is something unique to the 2nd floor. If it holds this way for all floors, then not only will the STD view be much improved as you said but also the overall ratio of SV to STD will be heavily in favor of SV at Kidani.

Thanks for all of this info. It does seem that they are trying to make the std view better.

Yes, I noticed the original drawing seemed to have villas on both sides of these sections - except the far end of unit 72.

I'm curious to see the additional floors declared to see if this holds true all the way up or if it is something unique to the 2nd floor. If it holds this way for all floors, then not only will the STD view be much improved as you said but also the overall ratio of SV to STD will be heavily in favor of SV at Kidani.
It's not just the second floor. The building segments containing Units 70, 71 and 72 are all "one sided". Here are some recent construction photos (from end of Apr/early May).

Units 71 on the left and 72 on the right. Unit 72 is mostly obscured by the red stone wall that encloses the air conditioning units, trash dumpsters and delivery areas. The elevator shaft and stairwell between Units 71 and 70 is visible in the far left of the photo:

81115Units71and72.JPG

This is a view of the air conditioning units, etc. behind the red stone wall. Part of the rectangular building shown behind Unit 72 on the floor plan is visible in the photo (the 1-story high addition with the white sloping roof).

81115BehindUnit72_Detail.JPG

Unit 70 on the left of the stairwell and elevator shaft, Unit 71 on the right. You can see the transition to Unit 69 (the first building segment with both Savanna View and Standard View villas) on the far left. It looks like there will be lots of windows along the hallway in the single-sided segments.

81115Units70and71.JPG

Closer view of the transition from Unit 70 on the right to Unit 69 on the left, showing how they transition from the one-sided building segment on the right to the two-sided segment on the left. I believe the view improves quite a bit by the time you get to the first two-sided segment. I took all these photos from the AKL employee's parking lot and as you can see, once you get beyond Unit 70 you are no longer facing that parking lot.

81115Unit69to70Transition.JPG

LisaS - thanks for the pics!

That's great news - even fewer parking lot views! (and no dumpster views!)

It looks as though units 70 through 72 may have somewhat quieter hallways without villas on the backside. Also, unit 72D - a dedicated 2BR - on the far end all by itself, appears to be a nice quiet secluded villa. And with a stairwell right behind it, promises to be the shortest walk to Jambo.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!