AKV - Kidani Village Units Declared*UPDATED 1/26 - Post#130*

LisaS - thanks for the pics!

That's great news - even fewer parking lot views! (and no dumpster views!)

It looks as though units 70 through 72 may have somewhat quieter hallways without villas on the backside. Also, unit 72D - a dedicated 2BR - on the far end all by itself, appears to be a nice quiet secluded villa. And with a stairwell right behind it, promises to be the shortest walk to Jambo.
Yes it looks like all of the dumpsters are out of view of any AKV balcony!

I don't think guests will be able to exit the building via that stairwell at the end of Unit 72D. It looks like it empties out into the delivery areas for Kidani and Jambo (which are adjacent to one another) so the ground floor exit may be an emergency exit. There is a also a gate that closes off that area though it has always been open every time I've walked by. You can see the gate just behind the red stone wall in the photo of the air conditioning units and recycling bins.

The noise coming from those air conditioning units was LOUD and with truck traffic going in and out of the delivery area I would be concerned about getting a room in Unit 72's building segment especially on a lower floor until we get some first-hand reports about noise levels.

Units 72, 71, and 70 seem so far away from the main lobby and from the pool. I'd hate to check in and then have to walk all the way down to Unit 72. By the time that you get there, you are nearly all the way back to Jambo House! I would think that from Unit 72, you might even be closer to the Jambo House bus stop then you would be to the Kidani bus stop.

Slightly off topic but... I just got back from AKV this evening and they were putting in the columns that go up the building on the savannah side. (i.e. the columns that look like really long wood logs.) I did take a couple of pictures but I probably won't have a chance to download them until the weekend.

KidaniDelcaredPhotobucket.jpg

Here's what I've put together so far.

Thanks to TSMIII for gathering the info!! :thumbsup2

Thanks to LisaS for paving the way!! :worship:

If there are any errors with rooms indicated, just let me know. I'll update as new units are declared. Enjoy!

Nice job Monorail P&G!:thumbsup2

That diagram is very user friendly. Glad you outlined the Pool and Proposed Savanna areas. :)

Can't wait to see how far that Proposed Savanna wraps around to the NW as it will mean units 57 through ?? will have SV villas on both sides - and with the one sided units 70, 71 & 72, the STD view will only be what , maybe 25% of Kidani?:confused3

Great job! Thanks for doing this. I can't wait to see where they put the GVs (not that I have the points to stay in one but I can dream!) It's great having the floor plans published in this thread as well. It's so nice to have all of this information in one place.

Nice job Monorail P&G!:thumbsup2

That diagram is very user friendly. Glad you outlined the Pool and Proposed Savanna areas. :)

Can't wait to see how far that Proposed Savanna wraps around to the NW as it will mean units 57 through ?? will have SV villas on both sides - and with the one sided units 70, 71 & 72, the STD view will only be what , maybe 25% of Kidani?:confused3

I used the proposed artist rendering from the Dream book. According to that rendering, the interactive pool area appears to end and become savanna near the border between units 62 and 63. If this holds true then units 57 thru 62 would possibly be entirely savanna view--I'm sure many AKV owners and non-owners alike would be pleased with the abundance of savanna view rooms!

Thanks everyone for keeping us updated on the progress of our "home"! I must say - I would be quite disappointed to be at AKV and have a grand view of the ...AC units!

"Declared" means that the DVD has filed for these units with the local comptroller intending to sell them. Hence, units 57-63 are blank--these units have not been declared by the condo association yet. Also keep in mind, the declared units shown are only on the second floor...they still have to declare the rest of the 2nd floor as well as the entire 3rd, 4th, and 5th floors.

Maybe being too technical, but wouldn't the northwest corner of the Kidani Village side be more suitable to be referred to as the "Sunset Savanna"? ;)

slightly of topic, but any news on the pool construction?
Paulh

slightly of topic, but any news on the pool construction?
Paulh
And how will Kidani Village be connected to Jambo House? I'm wondering if it will be just a path/walkway or something structural like a catwalk.
:confused3

Perhaps they are going to allow us to walk through the savannah, petting animals on the way, to get to Jambo House! My luck, they will have a plain sidewalk running along the dumpster areas.
;)

And how will Kidani Village be connected to Jambo House? I'm wondering if it will be just a path/walkway or something structural like a catwalk.
:confused3

Perhaps they are going to allow us to walk through the savannah, petting animals on the way, to get to Jambo House! My luck, they will have a plain sidewalk running along the dumpster areas.
;)

From the public DVC website:
Will the two buildings be in walking distance from each other?

Yes, there is an outdoor walking path between the two buildings. (It is an approximately 2,500-foot walk from the porte cochere of one building to the other.)

Hey there, fellow AKV admirers!!!

Updated plans including the new units declared on the 3rd floor. Interesting note, looking closely at some of the declared units, kitchen layouts are different even within the Kidani units...interesting!

Here's the 3rd floor:

Kidani3rdFloor.jpg

And here's the 2nd floor. I updated it to reflect the last three units being only 1 villa deep at the south end.

Kidani2ndFloor.jpg

Thanks for the update! Good to see more declared units. Looking forward to calling MS on Aug 10 to try to switch from Jambo to Kidani.

Where can I see the layouts of the units?

Thanks

Updated plans including the new units declared on the 3rd floor. Interesting note, looking closely at some of the declared units, kitchen layouts are different even within the Kidani units...interesting!
Those are probably HA rooms. The kitchen in one of the 2BR villas in Unit 80B is L-shaped rather than U-shaped. The balcony door in the master bedroom of that villa opens out which indicates that is an HA 1BR. One of the easiest ways to spot the HA rooms on the floor plans is to look at the balcony doors. If you see a balcony door that swings out, that is an HA room.

ETA: The shower stall in the master bathroom in that 1BR looks different as well with what looks like an outline of a fold-down chair and no seating area at the back of the shower.

The studio in that 2BR L/O is also HA -- it has a roll-in shower instead of a tub and a "swinging" balcony door rather than a slider.

Interesting note, looking closely at some of the declared units, kitchen layouts are different even within the Kidani units...interesting!

Yes, for Kidani these were first seen in Units 64A & 64B with one 2BR LO each having this type of configuration (see Post #1).

As our resident AKV expert LisaS said, these are likely the HA rooms.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter