AKL without a car

csarenz

Dad to 3 Disney Princesses
Can I get input from those of us who have stayed at AKL and use just Disney transportation. We have stayed at BCV and BWV the last three trips. I'm just not sure f we could do the buses all the time after staying at Epcot resorts. If time frame matters, it wouldn't be until October 2014.

Thanks,
Chris

We have had really good luck with AKL transportation even in July. The longest we have ever waited was 15 minutes for a bus to Epcot. The bus ride itself is not bad. The longest ride is to MK at about 15-20 minutes. We never seem to mind the rides. We have gone in October twice and November twice and July tons of times, and the fall is always decent, even when we went during F and Wine and a marathon weekend.

I thought AKL transportation is fine. And I've had stays at both Poly & BC.

We have also stayed at AKV twice and bus transporation has never been a problem. I hope you form your opinion and give it a try.

:goodvibes

We have stayed at many resorts and akl remains a favorite. We have actually had a harder time with boat transportation at wilderness lodge than buses at akl. I guess it all depends! FWIW we have had a car and chosen to take the bus. It wasn't bad at all :)

We've stayed at AKL as well as BC and we thought the buses at AKL were fine. We didn't find the waits to be any longer than any of the other resorts we've stayed at. We thought it took maybe 5 extra minutes to get around from AKL compared to other resorts.

I love AKL! One of my favorite resorts...and I own at BWV!!! I have had a car at Kidani, and didn't use it. We started our stay at BWV and ended up with 2 nights at Kidani...the only time the car was used was to move between resorts and get to and from the airport (Sanford). I never found the buses to be less than fine at AKL/Kidani.

We stayed there twice. Once with a car and once without. Since our dining was either in the parks or at AKL (didn't do any other resorts on that stay) the buses were fine. I think it felt longer at times when leaving the parks than when waiting for a bus to the parks. So if you don't resort hop or eat at the other resorts (AKL may have the best dining options - really close to the experiences on the monorail for us...) then no car is needed.

We've stayed at AKL several times, all without a car. The buses at AKL aren't bad -- they don't stop at several hotels like many of them do (just AKL Jambo and AKL Kidani). It is a change from the Epcot area, but we love the theming and the animals. And when we are in a big hurry we have taken the occasional taxi (but then we've done that from MK and Epcot resorts as well).

Thank you all for the responses. You are definitely helping me (now on to trying to convince DW)...

I have stayed at both several times and I would NEVER stay at BWV or BCV without at car. AKV, I could and would rely on the buses. We have had a rental car at AKV but we still used the buses. Hope this helps.

Thank you all for the responses. You are definitely helping me (now on to trying to convince DW)...

I know what you are going through! We stay at Kidani every trip, it is my wife's favorite location, the kids and I use only the buses. Do you see where I am going with this?

But my dw still has to have a car for her needs like going to Walgreens, picking up flippers pizza, going to Target, and heading over to the outlet mall. Plus she drives to all the parks (by herself!) I ride the bus. :). I am serious. It is crazy.

The kids and I hop all over the parks all day long, and my wife comes and goes on her own schedule with the car.

The bus service is awesome at animal kingdom lodge / Kidani because it only has two stops.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter