AKL Value studios?

NHTikiBeckie

DIS Veteran
Hi all...does anyone know how many AKL/Kidani Value studios there are? Do these tend to book up immediately? Are these rooms 10,000 miles from a bus stop? What is the difference between a value studio and a standard studio?

Thanks in advance!

I wasn't sure, which is why I said AKL. too. I don't mind really if they are in Jambo House or Kidani, more interested in how quickly they book up and what the difference is between them and standard.

There are a total of 18 value studios. There are 10 2-bedroom lock-offs in the value category so those could be reserved as 10 1-bedrooms and 10 studios. And there are 8 dedicated value studios which don't connect to anything except the hallway. Here's a map of Jambo House and the Values are along the Giraffe and Ostrich Trails.

http://www.parkinfo2go.com/dvc-akv/floor5.php

As for the difference, the Values are approx 3 feet shorter than the other studios in Jambo House. The Values are converted Standard Hotel Rooms and the other JH Vills are converted from Deluxe Hotel Rooms. They are all on the 5th floor. There are also DVC units on the 6th floor of JH, those are Concierge Units and there are 5 2-bedroom lock-offs in that category.

Thank you! So it is probably safe to say I would need to call RIGHT on my 11 month mark to get 2 of these.

They are pretty convenient to the bus stop. I hope you get what you want!

We stayed in a value studio AKL-J last December and a regular studio at AKL-K last June and we have 2 small children. I did not notice the difference at all and I would book a value again in a heartbeat - especially for the points!!!!

Value villas let us all spread out bedwise. I've 5 friends joining me in September and I have a 2 bedroom and a studio. Everyone gets their own bed/sleepsofa for relatively few points. I love Jambo house, and when I'm trying to conserve points, I go for the value rooms.

I had to waitlist for the value studio I have for September. It came through about 5 months out. Never say never, but I think booking in the home resort priority is a good thing! An additional DF was asked to join us at 7 months out, so that's when I went on the waitlist. At that point, I was able to get a standard view studio at Jambo.

I am mostly asking because we are buying resale very soon. We were torn between BLT and AKL...but I was leaning towards AKL because we would be able to get TWO value rooms for the points cost of one standard room at BLT (basically). We do plan on bringing family and friends down with us often, so this is really appealing to us. When we go alone, we can hopefully book a room at BLT just so we can experience that, too...but I like having the option to get two rooms at AKL with our points.

If you are sure booking AKV value is more important to you than BLT MK view or BLT standard, then I would lean AKV.

With so few rooms, I would prepare to occasionally not find a value room at 11 months because no one else planned to check out on your arrival date.

If you are sure booking AKV value is more important to you than BLT MK view or BLT standard, then I would lean AKV.

With so few rooms, I would prepare to occasionally not find a value room at 11 months because no one else planned to check out on your arrival date.

Yeah, we like the rooms at both, but originally liked BLT because of the longest contract, lower MF fees, and monorail access. But also like AKL! That is a good point that we occasionally might have a hard time because of when people check out. Luckily we are flexible.

Speaking of booking 11 months out...is it 11 months to the DAY you want to book? So if we wanted October 1st, we would have to call on November 1st, right?

Speaking of booking 11 months out...is it 11 months to the DAY you want to book? So if we wanted October 1st, we would have to call on November 1st, right?

Correct, 11 months from check-in date.

There are exceptions when dealing with end of month check-in dates. If you wanted to check-in on the 31th and the month your 11/7 month window opens only has 30 days (or less if Feb), your call in date would be moved the 1st of the next month.

We bought AKV because of the awesome point chart. We have a value 2 bedroom booked for our next two trips and I booked them at the 11 month window. Last year I was able to get a concierge 2 bedroom too at the 11 month window! I love being able to splurge or save points there!!!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter